A few questions

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
JocaRamiro
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

A few questions

Post by JocaRamiro »

Hi,

Here are some items I wonder about:

1. How do I plan my farming strategy to avoid always running short of food?
2. Is there any way to find out what my stockpile of a particular material is? (I see the production level, the amount used, and the net result, but do not see the sum of all the net results.)

Hmm, maybe more later.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Re: A few questions

Post by Ufnv »

JocaRamiro wrote: 1. How do I plan my farming strategy to avoid always running short of food?
It depends on what game difficulty you play.

General rule on Normal is to plan one Earthlike or Oceanic world dedicated to farming per every 6-8 mining worlds or 2-3 scientific or industrial worlds.
2. Is there any way to find out what my stockpile of a particular material is? (I see the production level, the amount used, and the net result, but do not see the sum of all the net results.)
At the main (galaxy view) screen, left side, if you did not switch this option off in settings.
JocaRamiro

Post by JocaRamiro »

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. Here are some followup questions. Note, I clearly did not pay enough attention to agriculture to begin, so now am playing catchup, and not catching up. So:

1. Is there some fixed ratio between # of farms and population?
2. Is there a difference in productivity between a) an earth planet farm, b) a marine farm, and c) a hydroponic farm?
3. Does the presence of a factory make the farming sector more efficient?
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

JocaRamiro wrote: 1. Is there some fixed ratio between # of farms and population?
2. Is there a difference in productivity between a) an earth planet farm, b) a marine farm, and c) a hydroponic farm?
Yes. Each population unit requires 1 food. Each farm produces some amount of food. The actual amount is shown for the factory, for example when you select it to build. For example, Farm on Hard produces 4000 units of food, but requires 500 persons to handle it, giving +3500 as a result.
Marine farm produces 5000 food, but requires 750 persons, giving +4250.
Hydroponics produces 1000, but requires 750 persons, resulting in +250 only.
3. Does the presence of a factory make the farming sector more efficient?
No, it only makes less space available for farms. The way to lower the consumption is to use policies, for example, food austere.

Return to “Polaris Sector”