Resources on planets

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
cel70
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Resources on planets

Post by cel70 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:39 pm

I'm a bit confused as to what the resources numbers mean on planets. According to the manual the number means the speed at which a resources is mined, The example they give is .50 means a resource is mined at 50% the speed of a resource of 1.0.

So it seems the higher number the better? That I understand but when it comes to the additon of planet "bonuses" I'm confused. Is this bonus in speed of resource mined? Or quantity? Also I've seen examples of planets with high resource numbers, but negatives bonuses. (ie. penalties.) So in comparison of say a planet with 15.0 metal and a minus 5% "bonus" and a planet with 8 metal and positive 25% bonus which is the more profitable planet?

bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Resources on planets

Post by bjgrt » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:41 am

cel70 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:39 pm
in comparison of say a planet with 15.0 metal and a minus 5% "bonus" and a planet with 8 metal and positive 25% bonus which is the more profitable planet?
On the first planet you'd get 9.5 metal after building 10 Iron Mines (which is the maximum you can build on a regular planet). On the second planet - 10 after building only 8 mines.

cel70

Re: Resources on planets

Post by cel70 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:21 pm

To me it doesn't make much sense that a resource can be mined at high efficiency yet also have hefty penalty attached to it, but if it's simply a case of arithmetic I suppose the most profitable planet between various choices shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Return to “Polaris Sector”