Save Game Issues

RandomAttack
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Save Game Issues

Post by RandomAttack » Thu May 05, 2016 7:35 pm

After having a bunch of Saves/AutoSaves I went into my My Games folder to clean them up.
1) Even though I named my saves, they are still in generic save folders with no indication of the names, so I went by file dates and deleted about half of each type of saves. I didn't delete the DATA folder as it seemed like that was for the "Continue" menu option(?)
2) Started the game and it showed NO saves at all. The remaining saves/autosaves (still in the SAVES file) did not show up at all in the game menu.

Bug?

Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Re: Save Game Issues

Post by Ufnv » Mon May 09, 2016 6:15 pm

RandomAttack wrote:After having a bunch of Saves/AutoSaves I went into my My Games folder to clean them up.
1) Even though I named my saves, they are still in generic save folders with no indication of the names, so I went by file dates and deleted about half of each type of saves. I didn't delete the DATA folder as it seemed like that was for the "Continue" menu option(?)
2) Started the game and it showed NO saves at all. The remaining saves/autosaves (still in the SAVES file) did not show up at all in the game menu.

Bug?
They are counted from 1 to some max number. So, it first looks for the SAVE1 folder and if there is no such folder, it stops looking further even if there are other SAVE folders.

RandomAttack

Re: Save Game Issues

Post by RandomAttack » Mon May 09, 2016 6:16 pm

Got it--thanks!

Return to “Tech Support”