Nag nag nag :)

DS: Upcoming Roman turn based strategy game for the Nintendo handheld!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Nag nag nag :)

Post by MrsWargamer »

Hey it isn't April (thought we would have forgotten that eh :)).

Just giving you a nudge, and a prod, and some fresh indication HEY WE"RE WAITING HERE :).

The DS simple doesn't have enough adult formated, non kiddie style serious military gaming for the DS.

And don't think you will be allowed to rest when you release this one :) I'll be bugging you for follow ons the next day too.
scarfacetarraff
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by scarfacetarraff »

Just here representing! Eager to learn more about this game. The net has all sorts of release dates, not cohesive at all.
"Hasta la victoria siempre!"
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

It's in final Beta. Just trying to make sure all the bugs are gone before we submit to Nintendo!
scarfacetarraff

iainmcneil wrote:It's in final Beta. Just trying to make sure all the bugs are gone before we submit to Nintendo!
Any updates Iain?
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)
dooya
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by dooya »

Yesterday he wrote:
admin wrote:As you can see we've developed a new blog system for the website. We hope to use this to keep you guys up to date on what's happening behind the scenes. This message is just to let you know we'll be updating the blog regulalry and really just to test it all works! There are quite a few big changes going on here which we'll be announcing in the near future, but until it's all official all we can say is it's very exciting :).
Development on our announced titles progresses well. Great Empires Rome is in final test before submission, Great Battles of the Middle Ages is about to enter Beta testing, as is Commander Napoleon at War. People will need to be patient as we iron out the last issues before we start the Beta. Not something you guys are very good at doing!
If you have any problems with the blog or ideas on how to improve it feel free to add your comments!
Source: viewtopic.php?p=57102&sid=4e6b4a40420f7 ... 16be#57102

:)
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
scarfacetarraff

dooya wrote:Yesterday he wrote:
admin wrote:As you can see we've developed a new blog system for the website. We hope to use this to keep you guys up to date on what's happening behind the scenes. This message is just to let you know we'll be updating the blog regulalry and really just to test it all works! There are quite a few big changes going on here which we'll be announcing in the near future, but until it's all official all we can say is it's very exciting :).
Development on our announced titles progresses well. Great Empires Rome is in final test before submission, Great Battles of the Middle Ages is about to enter Beta testing, as is Commander Napoleon at War. People will need to be patient as we iron out the last issues before we start the Beta. Not something you guys are very good at doing!
If you have any problems with the blog or ideas on how to improve it feel free to add your comments!
Source: viewtopic.php?p=57102&sid=4e6b4a40420f7 ... 16be#57102

:)
Thanks for this. It looks like they're still where they were a week ago.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

A popular type of thread is the "what game are you waiting for" type thread.

Well to be honest, I know of a couple of computer wargames in progress I likely will stupidly purchase as that's the nature of a wargamer. And they will no doubt join the others, not being played.

Really, all I am waiting for serious like, is this one. Because I plan to play it.

So even though you can visit several popular wargaming company web sites and hear about many games under way due to arrive "soon" who cares. It's not like there's any shortage of computer wargames to play. And some of them are so complex if you play it, it makes it so you can't play anything else.

I've got a list of wargames I own right next to me here. It's a very long list.
I don't need a list for DS wargames, as the list is so short I can't really forget any of the titles.

I want that to change :)
scarfacetarraff

DSWargamer wrote: I don't need a list for DS wargames, as the list is so short I can't really forget any of the titles.
You should also check out Civilization Revolution. It's already released in Europe, and is set to release here in the States on July 8th. The graphics will not appeal to a Grognard, but it's a great empire strategy game.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

triari wrote:
DSWargamer wrote: I don't need a list for DS wargames, as the list is so short I can't really forget any of the titles.
You should also check out Civilization Revolution. It's already released in Europe, and is set to release here in the States on July 8th. The graphics will not appeal to a Grognard, but it's a great empire strategy game.
Already out in Europe? (several foul words later). Oh well the Euros so often get everything last, I can live with it :)

Been reeeeeally waiting on this title though. I'm a long time Civ fan, and while I am not tooo overly keen on the game's looks at the console level, I think they will be fine on the reduced screen area for the DS.
scarfacetarraff

DSWargamer wrote:
triari wrote:
Already out in Europe? (several foul words later). Oh well the Euros so often get everything last, I can live with it :)

Been reeeeeally waiting on this title though. I'm a long time Civ fan, and while I am not tooo overly keen on the game's looks at the console level, I think they will be fine on the reduced screen area for the DS.
Ah, just think of all those beta testers! :lol:

We've only got, what, 4-5 more days. I'll reserved a copy at Gamestop already, but I wish Firaxis would go through w/ the Wii version also.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Empires: Rome”