Last Days of Old Earth Early Access in 5 major steps!

Last Days of Old Earth is a turn-based strategy game set on a dying world and featuring tense tactical battles between two vastly different armies.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Last Days of Old Earth Early Access in 5 major steps!

Post by Daniele »

Since its first announcement Last Days of Old Earth – the upcoming 4x strategy game inspired by the classic title Armageddon Empires - has received a lot of consideration from the Community and many questions have been raised about its elements.

Today, Developer Studio Auroch Digital is ready to share what would be the next big steps of this little gem, and what’s better of a fantastic infographic to do it?

Take a closer look on the picture below to discover what the future holds!

Jagdtiger14
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Last Days of Old Earth Early Access in 5 major steps!

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Don't want to create any negativism here, but your premise for this game is the exact opposite of reality.

The Sun is getting hotter over time. The life cycle of a medium yellow/orange star as ours lasts for 9 billion years and then it will super nova. before that our sun will become a red giant gobbling up Mercury, Venus, and the Earth. One billion years from now all surface H2O will have evaporated.

If we are still on this planet in the distant future as your game suggests, it will be the polar areas that humans will migrate to...especially Antarctica...not the equator.

Sorry.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

That entirely depends on what is causing the stars output to change. If its natural then yes naturally it would become a red giant before dying, but there are many other reasons why the solar output reaching the planet surface could reduce either because of something happening at the star or something happening on the planet.
AurochPeter
Auroch Digital
Auroch Digital

Post by AurochPeter »

Hi Jagdtiger14, I'm the Producer on Last Days of Old Earth.

I'm really glad you spotted that. And yes, you're totally correct that if a star were dying through natural causes, it would become warmer.

I don't want to give too much away at this point about the narrative of the game, but let's just say that the Sun is definitely becoming colder for a darn good reason... :wink:
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

A partially constructed Dyson Sphere within 1AU of the Sun? Massive volcanic activity or a nuclear winter...not sure the equator would help here?
Eizo
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Eizo »

AurochPeter wrote:Hi Jagdtiger14, I'm the Producer on Last Days of Old Earth.

I'm really glad you spotted that. And yes, you're totally correct that if a star were dying through natural causes, it would become warmer.

I don't want to give too much away at this point about the narrative of the game, but let's just say that the Sun is definitely becoming colder for a darn good reason... :wink:

ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

AurochPeter wrote:, I'm the Producer on Last Days of Old Earth.
You have nice small games. They're pleasant, even they deserve being thorougher.
I wonder how you'll evade this trap of making ArmageddonEmpire simpler. However I agree a light version can be a success as the learning of AE can be a wall.
But, to have more audience, the 3D should be more readable. For now the units are not enough distinct.

I'll see in the end, if the game is freed from Steam.

Return to “Last Days of Old Earth”