What is this forums purpose?

The Military Art forum is dedicated to all military art, though particular focus is placed on the range of art prints and plaques available from http://www.slitherine.com

Moderator: Slitherine Core

MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

What is this forums purpose?

Post by MrsWargamer »

Just curious, not saying it has none, but, it appears redundant coming from Slitherine at least.

It's called Play History, and it looks ok, but, it seems to lack significant reason to exist.

I am left to question, should I ask my question or post my thought here, but then why not in General Discussions. But is Slitherine just hosting this seemingly differently formated visually forum on their forums? Why is it not the same "look" as the other forums at Slitherine?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

This is the discussion forum for www.playhistory.net. If that's not obvious we need to do something about it :)
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

I guess the confusing part Ian, is, does Play History exist separate of Slitherine. Is Slitherine the owner, or an associated friend site?

Because Slitherine has a home page, and a store for instance.
Play History has a home page, and a store too.

If Play History IS Slitherine, then isn't an additional store peculiar?

To look at the Slitherine forums, they appear focused on their individual games, and have a General Discussion forum. They also have the Play History forum as a portion of it as well.

But if one comes on to the Play History forums through the Play History home page, one might think that Play History is a seperate entity online and it's own site.
It appears Play History is focused on History first, and games that allow history to be gamed second. While the Slitherine forums are clearly the mechanism for discussing Slitherine's products.

Somewhere, I am just wondering if I am not the only confused person.
I have noticed it is usually kind of quite in here. I am left to wonder, is that possibly because people already figure they already have the remainder of the Slitherine forums already.
After all, one can discuss history in general, in General Discussions as it pertains to the games we play.

Return to “Military Art”