Love the graphics, but ...

Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun is a turn-based tactical and strategic game set during this turbulent time; primarily focusing on the Japanese Warring States period and Japanese Invasion of Korea. Other armies from East Asia are also made available to simulate different conflicts across the region.
nukkxx5058
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Love the graphics, but ...

Post by nukkxx5058 »

... but I find it hard to distinguish my units from the enemy units when the battle becomes chaotic and lines are broken. For some reasons it seems that the flags are not always displayed and sometime in skirmish mode they sometimes look very similar (nearly of the same color).
Any suggestion ?
Thx
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Re: Love the graphics, but ...

Post by jomni »

I have to agree with you on that but the engine does not render the flags during AI replay.

Also the faction flags are generally historically based so red vs red is unavoidable. And all low quality units use white flags no matter what clan.

It is easer to indentify units for the non-Japanese theatre as they are quite varied. But the Japanese unit texture share the same colour except the flag.

A modder can add more variety by changing the colour of the clothing. But keep playing the game and you will get used to it.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Thanks. Hope the bug during AI turn is fixed soon. And maybe the flags/colors improved ?
For example a non-historic color scheme ?
ianiow
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by ianiow »

The flags disappear during replays but I believe the grey facing arrows remain. Perhaps someone could mod these to give them a blue tinge for friends and red tinge for enemies? That would help a lot in identifying friend from foe.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Yeah the game may be good and beautiful, but the UI is boring so I don't really want to play again. I won't advocate it for now..
The keys are mixed (even worst on a french keyboard) and non bindable, the battle map is not very comfortable (for it's not real 3D I think), the fonts can be tiny (such as the number of units), the units figures are unsightly (but for this scale its hard to do better, okay)..
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Adebar's Improved Zoom mod corrected the worst graphic flaws, but I still stop playing for those keys we can't re-assign.
It's somewhat useless to make a french translation if we can't play with the good keyboard.
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Graphics for the terrain and menus are good, especially the watercolors and unit cards with Japanese art. The units in battle are very simple design like in blocks but it's good for my computer so it doesn't overheat from animated graphics like in Field of Glory 2.

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun”