My Polaris Sector onedrive Modding-Help folder

ArtosVV
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: My Polaris Sector onedrive Modding-Help folder

Post by ArtosVV »

GodwinW wrote: * Entered a line 'CurrentModPath "ModfolderG/" ' in REMEMBER.CFG in MyGames/PolarisSector
You need to specify not only the folder and the full path!
For example: CurrentModPath "C:/My Documents/My Games/Polaris Sector/ModfolderG/"
Firefox440
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Firefox440 »

ArtosVV wrote:
GodwinW wrote: * Entered a line 'CurrentModPath "ModfolderG/" ' in REMEMBER.CFG in MyGames/PolarisSector
You need to specify not only the folder and the full path!
For example: CurrentModPath "C:/My Documents/My Games/Polaris Sector/ModfolderG/"
I would be very surprise if it is the problem..........never I made it. Other point, mods are not put inside the documents folder. They must be inside the game folder.

But the point here is how these image files only will change if you edit the a. files. Just it. Without edit them, the game does not take others.
GodwinW
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by GodwinW »

I haven't ever heard how to edit the .a files.. Do I need to download some program? If so, what's it called?
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

In the first page, there is a guide.

For resume, the compilation files are inside the modkit, there are some a. files which you can edit with notepad, I prefer notepad++, when you edit them, you can compile them with rtq_es.bat, you will see some new files, you can check my mod about where copy them inside your mod. Very simple.
GodwinW

Post by GodwinW »

Nomada_Firefox wrote:In the first page, there is a guide.

For resume, the compilation files are inside the modkit, there are some a. files which you can edit with notepad, I prefer notepad++, when you edit them, you can compile them with rtq_es.bat, you will see some new files, you can check my mod about where copy them inside your mod. Very simple.
Just notepad!! Okay, I assumed those files contained the images, so I didn't think to try notepad (I also use notepad++ btw).
Compile with rtq_es.bat, ok, thanks again!

I will see if the rest speaks for itself then, sweet!!
GodwinW

Post by GodwinW »

You say there's a guide, but it's a Q&A, not really a guide, and I have read it all twice now. It all concerns things I do not need, like adding new ships to the game, and one of the first things I tried was follow that guide to extract a specific file and you told me that that wouldn't work and I need to use -extract all, so since that was already misinformation that doesn't really tell me it's a good Q&A.

So, I now edited the r_hum.a to refer to the images in my modfolder instead of the default, and then I ran rtq_es in the 1.06d modkit and I see this:

D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Polaris Sector\ModKit\Mod_Kit_Lumens1.06d\1.06d>e1pcn.exe -es -cm rtq.a 1>rtq.err
'e1pcn.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Any idea?
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

GodwinW wrote:You say there's a guide, but it's a Q&A, not really a guide, and I have read it all twice now. It all concerns things I do not need, like adding new ships to the game, and one of the first things I tried was follow that guide to extract a specific file and you told me that that wouldn't work and I need to use -extract all, so since that was already misinformation that doesn't really tell me it's a good Q&A.
I made my mod thanks to the answers from it. Everything useful is in it.
So, I now edited the r_hum.a to refer to the images in my modfolder instead of the default, and then I ran rtq_es in the 1.06d modkit and I see this:

D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Polaris Sector\ModKit\Mod_Kit_Lumens1.06d\1.06d>e1pcn.exe -es -cm rtq.a 1>rtq.err
'e1pcn.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Any idea?
It should not give any error like this. I have not idea about because it is happening.
GodwinW

Post by GodwinW »

Ok, well, thanks again. I really appreciate all the help.

It's weird because your mod also changed those images so it must be possible.
Maybe I'll download yours and see how you did things.

One last question: What is rtq_es supposed to compile? All .a files? And what is the resulting file called?
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

GodwinW wrote:It's weird because your mod also changed those images so it must be possible.
My mod can change the images by the edited .a files. Without them, it will not change them.
One last question: What is rtq_es supposed to compile? All .a files? And what is the resulting file called?
All the .a files and the result are different files, all them named rtq with different extension. All this info is in the Questions_Answers.pdf page 5.
GodwinW

Post by GodwinW »

For anyone wanting to do the same as me in the future (change race images) with a steam installation:

The easiest way is to overwrite the existing ones. Let's do this for Sharatars.

Step 1. Disable the video - go to the /Ogg/Video/ directory inside the game installation (if it's the steam version, look inside the steam app folder) and rename the Sha/ directory there - this will effectively remove all the video files for Sharatars/
(OPTIONAL)

Step 2. Replace the small racial image. Go to the game installation directory. Create the images/ directory there. Create Races/ directory inside images/. Place there a file named Sharatar128.png - it should contain the image of your new race of 128x128 size.

Step 3. Replace the big racial image. Create the Big/ directory inside images/Races/. Place there a file named Sharatar_1024.png - it should contain the image of your new race of 1024x1024 size.

Specific image file names to replace could be found inside the racial .a files.

(A dev kindly answered me on steam and solved it for me.)
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

The answer was from Ufnv, the unique developer from the game.;) For the record, my solution was equally correct. :roll:
GodwinW

Post by GodwinW »

Except that it did in fact not work and/or you did not provide me with not enough/correct info. :roll:

Anyway, it's all good now, I hope to be able to try your mod sometimes, but for now I just want to play each race once first. :)
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

GodwinW wrote:Except that it did in fact not work and/or you did not provide me with not enough/correct info. :roll:
I provided you with all information, at two different places and I made a complete guide. Other time read the guide before accuse me from do not help. Who do you think have made all the info about modding? Who has uploaded all the files? you, Slitherine? not, me. I told you how extract the files, I uploaded the modkit and more........and you tell me how I did not provide you with information.............. :roll:

Very well. You have not obligation from be grateful but next time you ask, do not ask me because I do not answer you. I have not any obligation from answer you or other people. Fair enough.
GodwinW

Post by GodwinW »

Come on, don't be silly man. I have thanked you profusely for all your help and for uploading files etc. many times in many posts. Reread them if you wish.

Fact is that you claim it would work, but when I tried everything exactly as you said I just did NOT work. That's a fact.

In the end, you were stumped about an error I got and there was no other way forward.

Until a dev helped me, so I posted his solution here to contribute to this thread's information for the future, and you commented that your solution was equally correct: It factually was not, and it would confuse others trying to do what I wanted to do, so I had to clarify.

And now you're saying I am ungrateful and all that? It's just not true: You tried to help me, you helped me with a LOT of stuff that I all ultimately did not need, and that's it.

You can act like a hurt child that the dev managed to give me a solution that worked, but imo that's, like I said before, silly.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

You do not sound too grateful in your previous message........and you continue sound me too enough grateful for waste my time the next time that you ask..........

If you want the help from anybody do not tell things as "you act as a child", "you did not help me". I have not any obligation from help you. I do not win a coin. I can remove all the upload files if I want, nobody told me upload them..........and you tell me these things..........come on.........from me, nothing more.

I do not go take out relevance to the Ufnv work but all the guides, last modkit, instructions and more, they were made and uploaded by me. Now continue telling me how I did not help you.........clearly you are ungrateful. End story. I do not go to discuss more one thing clear for everybody.
GodwinW

Post by GodwinW »

Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

I will not answer anymore to somebody calling me silly..........and please do not play my mods.

In other words I have updated the question and answers pdf with somethings from the Lumens DLC.
GodwinW

Post by GodwinW »

It's the day before Christmas and it is way more fun to be friends imo, so I apologize sincerely for whatever it is you feel I should apologize for and suggest we just be friends or at least neutral.

Have a merry Christmas!
Fohcs
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Fohcs »

I downloaded the 1.06d Lumens modkit that you posted. The bat file found an error at 1242 67. The line in question is OtherRace = call GetRaceByID(this.CheckStopWarPlayerAbuse) I changed "this" to "Race" and the error went away but I have no idea if that will muck something else up/was correct. Also, I just want to make sure that these are the .a files for the base game and not your mod. Nothing in the files I opened looks like Star Wars but the banner on ModDb is making me second guess a tad.
grumble314

Post by grumble314 »

Fohcs wrote:I downloaded the 1.06d Lumens modkit that you posted. The bat file found an error at 1242 67. The line in question is OtherRace = call GetRaceByID(this.CheckStopWarPlayerAbuse) I changed "this" to "Race" and the error went away but I have no idea if that will muck something else up/was correct. Also, I just want to make sure that these are the .a files for the base game and not your mod. Nothing in the files I opened looks like Star Wars but the banner on ModDb is making me second guess a tad.
I'm curious what you found I downloaded it and compiled what was in the archive just to check and got the error if you more the rtq files all the races get errors when you try to start a new game.

Return to “Modders Corner”