Planetary modding questions

Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Re: Planetary modding questions

Post by Ufnv »

freifrei wrote:Is it possible to add tech-locked resource bonuses or additional building slots?
Yes, it's possible but requires me some changes in code.

Maybe the easier way for now is to add a new building type that will unlock with some science, like the same factories, even with the same image and description, but unlocked with some tech, so it will appear as an extension of existing buildings.
freifrei
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by freifrei »

Ufnv wrote:Maybe the easier way for now is to add a new building type that will unlock with some science, like the same factories, even with the same image and description, but unlocked with some tech, so it will appear as an extension of existing buildings.
Then, what about AI and auto-governor policies? I believe policies are non-moddable atm as well?
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

freifrei wrote:
Ufnv wrote:Maybe the easier way for now is to add a new building type that will unlock with some science, like the same factories, even with the same image and description, but unlocked with some tech, so it will appear as an extension of existing buildings.
Then, what about AI and auto-governor policies? I believe policies are non-moddable atm as well?
Right, they are not moddable because they are not templates but algorithms. And thus AI will have no problems using new buildings.
freifrei

Post by freifrei »

Ufnv wrote: Right, they are not moddable because they are not templates but algorithms. And thus AI will have no problems using new buildings.
Awesome. Thank you for clarifying.
Flef
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Flef »

I worked a bit this weekend. It doesn't left much things to do for me apart creating unique palettes for the planets. But I have a few questions on the effect of some parameters. Let's call that fine tuning.

Code: Select all

Position Hot,Middle, cold
does it really works as I understand or is it obsolete?

Code: Select all

Prefer "M" BigSize 0 
         "A" AnySize 1
         "B" AnySize 2  "O" AnySize 2
         "F" AnySize 3
I don't understand Bigsize 0, anysize ,1,2,3 etc...
"Prefers M" refers to the star class. I guess It implies a higher probability of existence. Is a way existing to prevent a planet from being generated around a star type?
Flef
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Flef »

New planets
Cryogenic Water Worlds. Planets that would allow a lot of Hydroponics.

Selena. Typically the Iron planets. They are simply made of metals. In conclusion extraction is some how easy on these worlds. But... life is never simple. The more dense are the planet the closer to the stars they tends to be. Meaning that the colonisation can be made only with radiation resistant domes. Logans get a edge with that. Be careful.

Temperate carbon planets. These planet are covered with a dense atmosphere full of gases like methane and possess oceans of liquid hydrocarbons. Enjoy a world full of oil.

Return to “Modders Corner”