Editing Generals txt files

kvnrthr
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Editing Generals txt files

Post by kvnrthr »

I notice that in the campaigns, there are txt files containing each general's info.

What do the three parameters (type, quality, combat) mean? I assume combat is the duel rating of the general, but how do type and quality affect combat radius?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Editing Generals txt files

Post by rbodleyscott »

kvnrthr wrote:I notice that in the campaigns, there are txt files containing each general's info.

What do the three parameters (type, quality, combat) mean? I assume combat is the duel rating of the general, but how do type and quality affect combat radius?
type is 0 = Sub-General, 1 = CinC, 2 = Ally General

quality affects command range - 0 = 4, 1 = 8, 2 = 12 squares.
Richard Bodley Scott

mkrass
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by mkrass »

I would like to ask a question about general names. Whether it is possible to make division of lists of names for CinC-generals and sub-generals within one sideID for a campaign? I know how to make these lists in .txt file. I do not know how to set a condition for CinC with scripts (maybe in FUNCTION GetRandomGeneralName(nameType, sideID) in GeneralTools.BSF)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mkrass wrote:I would like to ask a question about general names. Whether it is possible to make division of lists of names for CinC-generals and sub-generals within one sideID for a campaign? I know how to make these lists in .txt file. I do not know how to set a condition for CinC with scripts (maybe in FUNCTION GetRandomGeneralName(nameType, sideID) in GeneralTools.BSF)
That would be the right place. But the function does not know whether it is looking for a C-in-C name or a SG/AG name.

It would require some other modding to make it work.
Richard Bodley Scott

mkrass

Post by mkrass »

rbodleyscott wrote:
mkrass wrote:I would like to ask a question about general names. Whether it is possible to make division of lists of names for CinC-generals and sub-generals within one sideID for a campaign? I know how to make these lists in .txt file. I do not know how to set a condition for CinC with scripts (maybe in FUNCTION GetRandomGeneralName(nameType, sideID) in GeneralTools.BSF)
That would be the right place. But the function does not know whether it is looking for a C-in-C name or a SG/AG name.

It would require some other modding to make it work.
It seems to me that I found a script combination for this from CampaignTools.bsf. At least I'm satisfied with the result.
Resulting script in FUNCTION GetRandomGeneralName(nameType, sideID) in GeneralTools.BSF:

Code: Select all

if (sideID == 16) 
				{	
					if (CinC != 255)	
						{
							if (nameType == 0)
								{
									ret = 0;
								}
							if (nameType == 1)
								{
									ret = FXRand(500,504);