Do I have to move a BG?

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

Malty666
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Do I have to move a BG?

Post by Malty666 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:34 pm

If I have a BG which is within 6MU of an enemy BG (but not within charge range) can I opt not to move (i.e. stay stationary)?

If my BG is within charge range and is shock troops, but I pass the CMT not to charge, can I remain stationary?

If I am within 2 MU of a enemy BG and in its restricted area, then do I have to move towards it, or can I still remain stationary?

We have hunted through the rules, but it doesn't seem so clear...

hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:14 pm

The short answer is that you are never forced to move in the movement phase.

The slightly longer one is that there are time when a BG can be forced to move but these are all in the impact, shooting or melee phase and are the result of failed tests to not charge, failed tests for skirmishers to stand, routs and pursuits.

A BG may also be forced to conform or otherwise slightly adjust its possition as a result of the reforming and conforming rules.

Malty666
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Malty666 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks Hammy.

We were not sure and got caught up in the complex / simple move issue and thought we HAD to select a specific move from the chart and there was no 'do nothing' option. We figured, if we were <6MUs apart it was a complex move to just shuffle a single MU forward (which it is) but did not consider just standing still (figuring it would be hard to restrain the battle lines from clashing).

But now we know :D

The compulsory other moves we got figured 8)

hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Lines getting excited and crashing together is covered by the shock troops rule.

In general when lines are in charge reach if one side has shock troops they tend to all charge anyway to avoid the risk of one running of in its own.

Return to “Rules Questions”