And a few more queries....

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

petedalby
Major-General - Jagdtiger

And a few more queries....

Post by petedalby » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:37 pm

Simon - thanks for coming back so promptly on my earlier posts.

Apologies if these have been noted elsewhere but here are a few more general queries / observations:

P13 - "You move your figures forward as far as you want......" Are you sure?

P16 - VMD still says Roll 2d6

P20 - Is 'Uphill' defined? What about charging off a hill / slope?

P21 - I think the POAs haven't been revised to take account of the Lt Spear?

P22 - "Troops in column can move at normal speed through terrain that slows them...." Is that their Open terrain speed?

P25 - Turns - the 3rd item is a complex move for Skirmishers in the rules but a simple move in the Ref Sheet?

P27 - The depiction of an Orb is the same as the depiction of a Fragmented BG?

P28 - Expanding or Contracting in Combat. I can't see that you can contract in combat?

P40 - Broken - 1 base is removed for straggling each rout move after the first. It would be helpful if this appeared on P39 too?

P59 - The -2 for first arrival test. Should this apply only when the 2 dice equal 10 or more? Otherwise it increases the chances of 'Encountered Difficulties' just because it is the first roll.

Cheers

Pete

shall
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by shall » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:44 am

eP13 - "You move your figures forward as far as you want......" Are you sure?
Yes better id we say u to the ZOI. Will fix in the wording details.
P16 - VMD still says Roll 2d6
Thanks. LEgacy oif when it was a VCM and VEM
P20 - Is 'Uphill' defined? What about charging off a hill / slope?
There will be no benefit for the latter. And no we haven't defined it yet. Needed for the glossary. We will add it thanks.
2 line entires in my table? What do you think is missing?
P22 - "Troops in column can move at normal speed through terrain that slows them...." Is that their Open terrain speed?
Yes they can move at full speed but they still suffer disoreder effectts - hence not saying move as if in the open.
P25 - Turns - the 3rd item is a complex move for Skirmishers in the rules but a simple move in the Ref Sheet?

Ref sheet is correct. Table in rules needs an uypdate thanks.
P27 - The depiction of an Orb is the same as the depiction of a Fragmented BG?
Yes could be. I think we are coming around to providing counters for depiction but allowing the option of using the base connventions
P28 - Expanding or Contracting in Combat. I can't see that you can contract in combat?
Should say expand/contract in the opening sentence or perhaps some better words. In essence it is really just "feeding more troops into a combat:. Technically you can contract if you are single rank by pulling an unengaged base into a rear rank. You can also shuffle sideways one base on a partial line contact by taking from the unengaged end and adding tot he engaged end.
P40 - Broken - 1 base is removed for straggling each rout move after the first. It would be helpful if this appeared on P39 too?
All renorganised and removed anyway.
P59 - The -2 for first arrival test. Should this apply only when the 2 dice equal 10 or more? Otherwise it increases the chances of 'Encountered Difficulties' just because it is the first roll.
We felt it gave a chance of a dramatic happening in both directions to spice the game up. Representing a flank marchb hitting difficulties that you knwo about in advance (messenger back or signal). Certainly makes for fun if you find out in round 1 that your 3 top-notch units on a flank march are straggling........we wanted to make sure flank marches had a decent spread of aoutcomes so they were a serious risk but at the same time potentially very troublesome.

Happy New Year for tomorrow

Si

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:35 am

shall wrote:
2 line entires in my table? What do you think is missing?
I think Pete was referring to the combat example diagram on that page. Yes?

Don't worry Pete, all the diagrams are being completely redone from scratch.
This was a fossil from an earlier version. Bases are only lost if there are pursuers in contact - in which case 1 base is lost for each enemy BG in contact at the start of the inter-bound.

petedalby

Post by petedalby » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:24 am

Yes - spot on Richard - but good to know it's already on the fix list.

Pete

petedalby

Post by petedalby » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:24 am

Yes - spot on Richard - but good to know it's already on the fix list.

Pete

Return to “Rules Questions”