Version 2.0 Errata

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, philqw78, terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Version 2.0 Errata

Post by kevinj »

Hopefully errors can now be fixed by digital updates where appropriate.

Game Set-Up, Page 28-12

Under Selecting Terrain Items 3 and 4 appear to be reversed in terms of who can select Villages, Rivers and Coasts. As currently written, only the Player Without Initiative can select them, but only the Player With initiative can place them!
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by nikgaukroger »

OK - made this a sticky.

Please do not use as a discussion thread just as a notification.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

Bows, Slings and Javelins are listed as - POA versus heavily armoured foot, not -- POA, which makes them the same as Longbows, Crossbows, Friearms and Artillery versus heavily armoured foot. This is true in the charts both in the Shooting chapter and at the end of the rules. Is this an intentional change? If this change is intentional, they should be part of the same row as the Longbow, Crossbow, etc.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by zoltan »

*** Mod edit - sorry this was a rules question not errata ***
Lycanthropic
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Lycanthropic »

Page 30 - The TC cannot legally control this battleline as it contains more than 2 battlegroups.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Lycanthropic wrote:Page 30 - The TC cannot legally control this battleline as it contains more than 2 battlegroups.
If you mean the diagram on Page 30 of V1, then that has been changed to an FC in V2.

But if so, I don't really see why this has been posted as an erratum in this thread.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

batesmotel wrote:Bows, Slings and Javelins are listed as - POA versus heavily armoured foot, not -- POA, which makes them the same as Longbows, Crossbows, Friearms and Artillery versus heavily armoured foot. This is true in the charts both in the Shooting chapter and at the end of the rules. Is this an intentional change? If this change is intentional, they should be part of the same row as the Longbow, Crossbow, etc.

Chris
It's a transcription error. It should still be --.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

kevinj wrote:Hopefully errors can now be fixed by digital updates where appropriate.

Game Set-Up, Page 28-12

Under Selecting Terrain Items 3 and 4 appear to be reversed in terms of who can select Villages, Rivers and Coasts. As currently written, only the Player Without Initiative can select them, but only the Player With initiative can place them!
You are right. It is stated correctly on page 21-4, but 28-12 is wrong and needs correction.
godzeusgr
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by godzeusgr »

I discovered an error(?) in the page 28-9, in the right column of the table at Current Cohesion State.
It mentions Disrupted +1, Fragmented +2, Broken +3; it should be -1 -2 -3.
Please check it.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

godzeusgr wrote:I discovered an error(?) in the page 28-9, in the right column of the table at Current Cohesion State.
It mentions Disrupted +1, Fragmented +2, Broken +3; it should be -1 -2 -3.
Please check it.
Thanks. Another transcription error that, sadly, I missed. It should indeed be -1, -2, -3. (It is correct on 15-3).
vexillia

Post by vexillia »

Will these be fixed in the print version?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

vexillia wrote:Will these be fixed in the print version?
Actually we thought we would deliberately leave mistakes in. :twisted:

In fact, the problem with the print version is that the i-pad version is not printable in any shape or form and cannot even be converted back into electronic text. Hard to believe, I know, but I am assured that it is so. Bizarre as it might seem, it consists of image files and there are no master PDF-style files to go back to. Those image files are not high enough resolution for the printed version.

Hence the printed version is having to be reconstructed from scratch from the final WORD draft, by the same layout artist that did V1. So there is a potential for new errors, but the transcription errors above should not be repeated. The terrain setup issue has been corrected in the WORD draft, so should be OK in the printed version.
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

Abannan's site claims that it is possible to import PDFs to create the content for their ereader. Has any thought been given to doing the print version as a master PDF that could be used in the future to generate the digital content as well as the printed version? While it might introduce some additional cost now, it would seem like it would make things saner in the long run.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark »

rbodleyscott wrote: In fact, the problem with the print version is that the i-pad version is not printable in any shape or form and cannot even be converted back into electronic text. Hence the printed version is having to be reconstructed from scratch from the final WORD draft, by the same layout artist that did V1. So there is a potential for new errors, but the transcription errors above should not be repeated. The terrain setup issue has been corrected in the WORD draft, so should be OK in the printed version.
Makes you long for a #2 pencil and xerox machine. :evil:
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

peterrjohnston wrote:Average drilled mercenary knights can know be take as undrilled superior (I assume, waiting for fixes before investing).

What about dismounts? In Storm of Arrows, the dismounts are specified as average drilled for at least three lists from a quick scan - later books do it better be specifying "as mounted type".
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

*** Mod comment ***

Just deleted a number of posts which were not errata.

Please use this topic for notification of errata and not discussions - plenty of space for that elsewhere :) This makes life easier when working on errata publication.
Nik Gaukroger

peterrjohnston
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by peterrjohnston »

*** Another mod comment ***

So use the mod tools and move them into another post! Deleting posts that others have put time, effort and thought into is bad form, IMV.
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

Fair point :oops:
Nik Gaukroger

bbotus
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by bbotus »

peterrjohnston wrote:*** Another mod comment ***

So use the mod tools and move them into another post! Deleting posts that others have put time, effort and thought into is bad form, IMV.
Not sure I agree with you. We frequently wander off topic and that makes it hard for people searching for answers so they start a new topic and it gets worse. I think Nik deleted one of my posts and I have no problem with it.

P.S. You can delete this post.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

There is an error in the Glossary:

The definition of Steady should read:

Steady: Troop bases do not count as Steady if they are Disrupted, Fragmented, Disordered, Severely Disordered or Broken.

Return to “Rules Questions”