Version 2.0 Errata

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

gozerius
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:32 am

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by gozerius » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Battlegroups of battlewagons are never considered "in column" except when moving along a road. Does this mean that they do not kink when wheeling? :shock:
Thracians
Classical Indians
Medieval
-Germans (many flavors), Danes, Low Countries
Burgundians
In progress - Later Hungarians, Grand Moravians

Martin0112
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Germany

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by Martin0112 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:41 pm

kevinj wrote:Hopefully errors can now be fixed by digital updates where appropriate.

Game Set-Up, Page 28-12

Under Selecting Terrain Items 3 and 4 appear to be reversed in terms of who can select Villages, Rivers and Coasts. As currently written, only the Player Without Initiative can select them, but only the Player With initiative can place them!
When will the correction of this item be available on the iPAD / PC-version?

It's a crucial thing when to start with V2.0

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22423
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Martin0112 wrote:
kevinj wrote:Hopefully errors can now be fixed by digital updates where appropriate.

Game Set-Up, Page 28-12

Under Selecting Terrain Items 3 and 4 appear to be reversed in terms of who can select Villages, Rivers and Coasts. As currently written, only the Player Without Initiative can select them, but only the Player With initiative can place them!
When will the correction of this item be available on the iPAD / PC-version?

It's a crucial thing when to start with V2.0
I sent them this correction over a month ago. However, each iteration has to go through certification by Apple, so I am not sure when that correction will be in. (Assuming it isn't already in the latest version - have you uploaded that?).

Of course, it has been corrected already in the paper version.

zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:40 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by zoltan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:40 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Martin0112 wrote:
kevinj wrote:Hopefully errors can now be fixed by digital updates where appropriate.

Game Set-Up, Page 28-12

Under Selecting Terrain Items 3 and 4 appear to be reversed in terms of who can select Villages, Rivers and Coasts. As currently written, only the Player Without Initiative can select them, but only the Player With initiative can place them!
When will the correction of this item be available on the iPAD / PC-version?

It's a crucial thing when to start with V2.0
I sent them this correction over a month ago. However, each iteration has to go through certification by Apple, so I am not sure when that correction will be in. (Assuming it isn't already in the latest version - have you uploaded that?).

Of course, it has been corrected already in the paper version.
It has not yet been corrected in the MAC version of the soft copy. Looks like changes to POD is faster than changes to soft copy! :roll:

grahambriggs
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Posts: 2983
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:48 am

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by grahambriggs » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:14 pm

A very minor one in the printed book. p26 refers to a diagram as being 'above', whereas it's actually below. I thinks there was another similar but can't find it now.

philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Posts: 8665
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by philqw78 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm

P15, elephants above that are, probably, the ones below.

The page also mentions a photo of some HF that aren't there
phil
putting the arg into argumentative

Zephyr40k
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 am

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by Zephyr40k » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:15 pm

I think I may have caught an erratta in v2 regarding placement of Ambush markers for the non-Initiative player. In the book it says that the zone they may place them in is a thin strip up to six inches from the centerline (outer two thirds), but in the quick reference in back it says they may place their ambush marker anywhere on their side of the table (outer two thirds) up to six inches from the centerline.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22423
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:11 am

Zephyr40k wrote:I think I may have caught an erratta in v2 regarding placement of Ambush markers for the non-Initiative player. In the book it says that the zone they may place them in is a thin strip up to six inches from the centerline (outer two thirds), but in the quick reference in back it says they may place their ambush marker anywhere on their side of the table (outer two thirds) up to six inches from the centerline.
Interesting. The wording was changed from the V1 version because V2 acknowledges the existence of different sized tables. The wording in the rule book is intended to mean anywhere from the player's baseline to 6" from the centreline, but it can easily be read as you have. The purpose of the 6 MU strip is to prevent both players setting ambushes that would be in sight of each other.

I agree that it ought to be reworded.

pyruse
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:32 am

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by pyruse » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:10 am

One error in the printed version of v2.
A double minus POA is shown as one long dash __ instead of two minus signs --

mdruiz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by mdruiz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 pm

zoltan wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote:
Martin0112 wrote:Hopefully errors can now be fixed by digital updates where appropriate.

Game Set-Up, Page 28-12

Under Selecting Terrain Items 3 and 4 appear to be reversed in terms of who can select Villages, Rivers and Coasts. As currently written, only the Player Without Initiative can select them, but only the Player With initiative can place them!
When will the correction of this item be available on the iPAD / PC-version?

It's a crucial thing when to start with V2.0
I sent them this correction over a month ago. However, each iteration has to go through certification by Apple, so I am not sure when that correction will be in. (Assuming it isn't already in the latest version - have you uploaded that?).

Of course, it has been corrected already in the paper version.

It's been quite some time now. I'm not seeing any of the corrections mentioned here in my iPad version. Is there an ETA?

Thanks.

zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:40 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by zoltan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:08 pm

My sense is that after the brewhaha associated with the release of v2, printed vs digital etc, Slitherine has consigned FoG AM to 'essential updates only'. The rules have been refreshed, they work, its a good game, and polishing the cannon ball further doesn't warrant the resource effort when there are many more exciting new projects to pursue.

So we shouldn't hold our collective breath and I suspect we need to make do with what we've got.... :?

ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Posts: 1966
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 am

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by ravenflight » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:43 pm

zoltan wrote:My sense is that after the brewhaha associated with the release of v2, printed vs digital etc, Slitherine has consigned FoG AM to 'essential updates only'. The rules have been refreshed, they work, its a good game, and polishing the cannon ball further doesn't warrant the resource effort when there are many more exciting new projects to pursue.

So we shouldn't hold our collective breath and I suspect we need to make do with what we've got.... :?
If that's true (I'm not saying it is or it isn't) then it goes to show that the digital media was before its time.

Noble as Slitherine's intentions were, it seems to be a white elephant.

zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:40 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by zoltan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:07 pm

ravenflight wrote:
zoltan wrote:My sense is that after the brewhaha associated with the release of v2, printed vs digital etc, Slitherine has consigned FoG AM to 'essential updates only'. The rules have been refreshed, they work, its a good game, and polishing the cannon ball further doesn't warrant the resource effort when there are many more exciting new projects to pursue.

So we shouldn't hold our collective breath and I suspect we need to make do with what we've got.... :?
If that's true (I'm not saying it is or it isn't) then it goes to show that the digital media was before its time.

Noble as Slitherine's intentions were, it seems to be a white elephant.
I don't think Slitherine's intentions were "noble"; it's simple business pragmatism. They run a digital business for profit and all power to them. Tabletop FoG AM (and similar historical rulesets) is an old man's sport and we're dying off! Collectively we reinforced that in our Luddite response to JD's revolutionary cry.

philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Posts: 8665
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by philqw78 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:00 pm

When they come out with the 3D table top game that costs a £1K+ I'll happily buy it, every army, figure and troop type could be projected onto the table, you can have whatever army you want.
Though my £10K+ of figures will not be worth a lot then, unless there is a worldwide lead shortage.

And speak for yourself about dying off you old codger, but I suppose you must consider wargaming a sport now as its a marathon for you to get around the tables these days Steve. :wink:
phil
putting the arg into argumentative

ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Posts: 1966
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 am

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by ravenflight » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:01 pm

philqw78 wrote:When they come out with the 3D table top game that costs a £1K+ I'll happily buy it, every army, figure and troop type could be projected onto the table, you can have whatever army you want.
Though my £10K+ of figures will not be worth a lot then, unless there is a worldwide lead shortage.

And speak for yourself about dying off you old codger, but I suppose you must consider wargaming a sport now as its a marathon for you to get around the tables these days Steve. :wink:
Phil is correct.

zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:40 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by zoltan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:57 am

ravenflight wrote:
philqw78 wrote:When they come out with the 3D table top game that costs a £1K+ I'll happily buy it, every army, figure and troop type could be projected onto the table, you can have whatever army you want.
Though my £10K+ of figures will not be worth a lot then, unless there is a worldwide lead shortage.

And speak for yourself about dying off you old codger, but I suppose you must consider wargaming a sport now as its a marathon for you to get around the tables these days Steve. :wink:
Phil is correct.
What, that I'll need a Zimmerframe in Koblenz?

ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Posts: 1966
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 am

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by ravenflight » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:39 am

zoltan wrote:
ravenflight wrote:Phil is correct.
What, that I'll need a Zimmerframe in Koblenz?
No. That you even know what a zimmerframe IS!

madaxeman
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:15 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by madaxeman » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:40 pm

zoltan wrote: What, that I'll need a Zimmerframe in Koblenz?
I think that's the name of the hotel I'm booked into...?
http://www.madaxeman.com
Become a fan of Madaxeman on Facebook at Madaxeman.com's Facebook Page.

Lycanthropic
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by Lycanthropic » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:28 am

3d table top game? Go buy a 3d printer :mrgreen:

LaurenceP
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: Version 2.0 Errata

Post by LaurenceP » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 pm

When will you create and actualize the v2 errata online, as you did for v1?

Post Reply

Return to “Rules Questions”