Koryo Korean List w/ Single Field Fortification

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

iversonjm
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Koryo Korean List w/ Single Field Fortification

Post by iversonjm » Sat May 04, 2013 6:16 am

Is there an exception in the Koryo Korean list that allows them to purchase a single field fortification? The rules clearly state that you must buy at least four, but Marc is running a list with a single FF. And, as Marc pointed out, his list was checked by Nik and reviewed by Dave, so it must be correct.

So where is the exception for Koryo Koreans? We all looked and looked and couldn't find it. We decided it was amongst the hidden secret rules that make the Koryo Koreans better in v2 and the Chinese worse. But apparently only Brits know where these rules are.

Any help for us ignorant Americans would be greatly appreciated . . .

ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Koryo Korean List w/ Single Field Fortification

Post by ravenflight » Sat May 04, 2013 7:50 am

iversonjm wrote:Is there an exception in the Koryo Korean list that allows them to purchase a single field fortification? The rules clearly state that you must buy at least four, but Marc is running a list with a single FF. And, as Marc pointed out, his list was checked by Nik and reviewed by Dave, so it must be correct.

So where is the exception for Koryo Koreans? We all looked and looked and couldn't find it. We decided it was amongst the hidden secret rules that make the Koryo Koreans better in v2 and the Chinese worse. But apparently only Brits know where these rules are.

Any help for us ignorant Americans would be greatly appreciated . . .
It sounds a LOT like £ or € have changed hands to me...

philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:40 pm

iversonjm wrote:Any help for us ignorant Americans would be greatly appreciated . . .
Erm, nope. You will always be ignorant.

But about the Korean thing the list checker has made an error.
phil
putting the arg into argumentative

iversonjm
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by iversonjm » Sat May 04, 2013 1:51 pm

philqw78 wrote:
iversonjm wrote:Any help for us ignorant Americans would be greatly appreciated . . .

Oh. We hadn't considered that possibility. Well, it's not that big a deal. Not like that 6 stand elephant unit one guy is driving around. That thing is a killer...

dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by dave_r » Sat May 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Just to confirm - I wasn't the list checker, but even if I had been I would have missed that one...
Evaluator of Supremacy

grahambriggs
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by grahambriggs » Sat May 04, 2013 3:17 pm

iversonjm wrote:
philqw78 wrote:

Oh. We hadn't considered that possibility. Well, it's not that big a deal. Not like that 6 stand elephant unit one guy is driving around. That thing is a killer...
Always pleased to help an ignorant American. Especially if there's a risk of them interpreting rules their own way and castigating foreigners for being correct.

The EotD list book specifies on page 94 that the Koryo Korean army can have 0-24 field fortifications. "1" is a number between 0 and 24. So you can pay three points and have one of them. Or, you could pay 9 points and have 3. That's all perfectly fine.

What you can't do is use the field fortficaton as you haven't bought enough of them. As in the phrase "I've bought this new army on ebay but I haven't used it yet"

So, assuming the player attempted deploy it, he was presumably called for an accidental rules infingement rather than being called for having an illegal list? I do hope you didn't make him re-write his correct list, as that would presumably invalidate the results of your tournament.

Can we have our tea back please?

philqw78

Post by philqw78 » Sat May 04, 2013 3:26 pm

LMFAO
Our heritage is safe in your hands Graham.
phil
putting the arg into argumentative

grahambriggs

Post by grahambriggs » Sat May 04, 2013 3:42 pm

philqw78 wrote:LMFAO
Our heritage is safe in your hands Graham.
One seeks to oblige, old chap, one seeks to oblige.

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger » Sat May 04, 2013 9:03 pm

grahambriggs wrote:
Always pleased to help an ignorant American. Especially if there's a risk of them interpreting rules their own way and castigating foreigners for being correct.

The EotD list book specifies on page 94 that the Koryo Korean army can have 0-24 field fortifications. "1" is a number between 0 and 24. So you can pay three points and have one of them. Or, you could pay 9 points and have 3. That's all perfectly fine.

What you can't do is use the field fortficaton as you haven't bought enough of them. As in the phrase "I've bought this new army on ebay but I haven't used it yet"

So, assuming the player attempted deploy it, he was presumably called for an accidental rules infingement rather than being called for having an illegal list? I do hope you didn't make him re-write his correct list, as that would presumably invalidate the results of your tournament.

Can we have our tea back please?

What Mr Briggs said 8)

What we actually need to do is pop an errata in the army list amendments section saying something along the lines of where FF are allowed in the form 0 to X this is amended to 0 or 4 to X.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk

Return to “Rules Questions”