Having a moment

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, philqw78, terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

papsterdino
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Having a moment

Post by papsterdino »

Merry Xmas all. With the signs of dementia setting In i i have put this for someone to tell me the right page for info.
I was fighting a unit of enemy elephants to the front and had turned a unit on its flank and expanded. The elephants chose to ignore the flank and continue destroying the unit to its front. Once it did this . The question is... the elephant base being attacked on flank can turn to face can it add the extra Base to fight the overlap in same phase? Regards Dino
petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Having a moment

Post by petedalby »

Hi Dino - a diagram would help here but here goes:

The BG that turned on to the flank of the Elephants does so in the movement phase. You then fight the melee. The flanking BG gets its dice vs the Elephants unopposed. The BG facing the Elephants is destroyed and presumably routs away? The Elephants cannot pursue.

Nothing else happens until the following bound. In the next turn the Elephants can turn to face. Page 76. From your description the Elephants may be overlapped at this point.

Hope I've understood your question correctly.
Pete
papsterdino
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by papsterdino »

Spot on Pete. Does it feed the back elephant this phase or the next. Thar was the bit where people got stuck.
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 »

Well, its reform/conform then feed bases in from the turn sequence.

So I say turn then feed base in during the same manoeuver phase
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

So I say turn then feed base in during the same manoeuver phase
Agreed. Pages 68, 69 & 70 if you wanted to check Dino.
Pete
terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Post by terrys »

So I say turn then feed base in during the same manoeuvre phase
As long as the BG on the flank is not already fighting as an overlap it can turn to face the flank of the elephant.
Since turn is made during normal movement you can't also expand to get an overlap since this is part of 'feeding more bases into contact' which comes before normal movement.
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

Thought this was about a BG that had enemy on its flank that it wished to conform to. So conform then feed bases
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Post by terrys »

Thought this was about a BG that had enemy on its flank that it wished to conform to. So conform then feed bases
My bad - I misunderstood the question.

You are correct Phil. The elephants turn - as in conforming to the enemy. They may then expand to meet the overlap.

Return to “Rules Questions”