Supply Camps, part 2

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, philqw78, terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

TERRYFROMSPOKANE
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Supply Camps, part 2

Post by TERRYFROMSPOKANE »

Earlier I asked what I thought was a fairly straightforward question. "Can one move through or stop in a supply camp during the Maneuver Phase?" The answer I received was, "The rules tell you what you can do, not what you can't do."

Camps are not mentioned at all in the Deploying Battle Groups on page 143. Page 139 states, "The whole battlefield counts as open except where terrain pieces are placed."

This would lead me to believe that not only can battle groups move through camps in the Maneuver Phase but that one could deploy a battle group partly or wholly in a camp during Deployment. Does anyone actually play it this way?

Thanks. Terry G.
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Re: Supply Camps, part 2

Post by philqw78 »

No
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Re: Supply Camps, part 2

Post by terrys »

Earlier I asked what I thought was a fairly straightforward question. "Can one move through or stop in a supply camp during the Maneuver Phase?" The answer I received was, "The rules tell you what you can do, not what you can't do."
As previously stated - The rules tell you what you can do, not what you can't do. There are a million and one things that you can't do.
Basically - there is no rule that specifically states that "A battle group can pass through a camp during the Maneuver Phase" - that's because it falls under the "Million and one things you can't do".
This would lead me to believe that not only can battle groups move through camps in the Maneuver Phase but that one could deploy a battle group partly or wholly in a camp during Deployment. Does anyone actually play it this way?
"This would lead me to believe" has no relevance when arguing a point.
There is no rule stating that you can place one battle group on top of another battle group. Common sense would dictate that you can't do that.
Equally, there is no rule that states that you can place a battle group on top of the camp - if you find one let us know the page number so that we can all do it !!

Return to “Rules Questions”