Sliding when conforming...

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, philqw78, terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

ChrisTofalos
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Sliding when conforming...

Post by ChrisTofalos »

There seems to be some confusion (at least in my experience) about conforming when in combat. I've had different responses from players/umpires in a situation where two bases fight two bases and all are in at least partial frontal contact. Some think they line up two v two frontally; others that you slide the shortest distance, which could mean only one base on each side is in frontal contact, whilst the odd bases become overlaps.

Which is correct?
grahambriggs
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Sliding when conforming...

Post by grahambriggs »

ChrisTofalos wrote:There seems to be some confusion (at least in my experience) about conforming when in combat. I've had different responses from players/umpires in a situation where two bases fight two bases and all are in at least partial frontal contact. Some think they line up two v two frontally; others that you slide the shortest distance, which could mean only one base on each side is in frontal contact, whilst the odd bases become overlaps.

Which is correct?
You line up by the shortest move possible to the bases YOU ARE IN CONTACT WITH or an overlap position. The capitalised bit is the one that people overlook most frequently.
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Remind me to ask you about this tomorrow please Graham. We previously clarified this for V2 - and I'm not sure the rules / wording have changed in V3.
Pete
prb4
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by prb4 »

To further add clarity.

If a base is in contact with two bases then it slides the shortest distance to conform.
This sometimes means that a base at one end that was in contact with only one base slides into an overlap position.
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Having discussed this at Roll Call I am satisfied that the the 'umpire clarification' we issued for V2 remains good for V3.

Peter's summary above is correct.
Pete

Return to “Rules Questions”