The Ming and their enemies - Round One

SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: The Ming and their enemies - Round One

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

SnuggleBunnies (Wokou) defeats LFDLM (Joseon) 67-27

Lots of broken ground and trees slowed down the Korean cavalry, which at multiple points came close to rolling up the Wokou line, but luck, and arquebus fire, was with the pirates.

Anti-Ming team is consulting about armies for round 2. In the meantime, if anybody would like to play a casual practice match, let me know and I will host a game. In particular, I would be happy to take on some of the army matchups reversed from round 1, to take on the Wokou myself to test their power.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

So with just one game to go (Pixel v Eobrian2), our interesting Round One has come to a close.

The anti-Ming are a clear winner and the Ming will have a hard job in Round Two to catch-up. Well done to SB, Fik, GR and Pixel.

I wonder if players would like to share their thoughts on the armies used, tactics used etc. This would be interesting and helpful.
Last edited by ahuyton on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

ahuyton wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:45 am So with just one game to go (Pixel v Eobrian2), our interesting Round One has come to a close.

The anti-Ming are a clear winner and the Ming will have a hard job in Round Two to catch-up. Well done to SB, Fik, GR and EOB.

I wonder if players would like to share their thoughts on the armies used, tactics used etc. This would be interesting and helpful.
Correction Alan, Well done SB, Fik,GR & Pixel
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:57 am
ahuyton wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:45 am So with just one game to go (Pixel v Eobrian2), our interesting Round One has come to a close.

The anti-Ming are a clear winner and the Ming will have a hard job in Round Two to catch-up. Well done to SB, Fik, GR and EOB.

Correction Alan, Well done SB, Fik,GR & Pixel
Oops, sorry... my post is corrected. Thanks Brian for pointing this out and apologies to Pixel.
Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Pixel »

Well I'm not sure I contributed that much since didn't actually win any battles yet :( . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But at least I blooded them a wee bit right??!! Maybe my luck will change and the Taoist Immortals will be with me in the second round.
Image Image
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

The Ming team is ready with its army selection for Round Two. As soon as the anti-Ming selection is complete, SB, please send it to me and we can get started.
Pixel

Post by Pixel »

The last round one game is now complete.

Pixel (Southern-Rebels 1597-1598, 7% routed / NB: Anti-Ming Side) beat Eobrian2 (Joseon 1585-1598, 41% routed)

Rebels 7%/Joseon 41%

Finally a victory for my Rebels! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tough fighting in the woods since a giant forest was in the center of the map. Rebel firepower was used to good effect although most of the feared Sungbyeong (bow armed warrior monks) managed to survive. Eobrian attempted a large cavalry wing maneuver at the rebel left flank but the guns worked well to disrupt and fragment the charging horsemen. However, some of our infantry and crossbow units were close to breaking there.
Woodland 1.jpg
Woodland 1.jpg (856.01 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
Above: Left flank is the left side of the screenshot (you can't see the whole battle line in this one)
Woodland 2.jpg
Woodland 2.jpg (854.88 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
Above: Left flank is the top of the screenshot

FYI: I will be posting my round 2 games tonight or early tomorrow (9/11 evening or 9/12 morning).

Sorry for the slight delay. Hope the rest of the games have been going well for everyone.
Image Image

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”