Wishlist/Fixes for Sanctus Reach - Devs, check it out.

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Wishlist/Fixes for Sanctus Reach - Devs, check it out.

Post by Dizzy_slith » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:08 am

calmhatchery wrote:It would be great to make a campaign in the future against the xenomorph's !!
Yeah, Genestealers popping out of manhole covers! Having them come at you from the dark recesses of ruined buildings! Yes please! Add in genestealers! Heck add them ALL in! Here's my $60 for all your future expansions. This game is easily worth $100 bucks with more army content. I know, maybe they should offer a Season Pass for their downloadable content? Id buy ahead of time. Look what this company did with Armageddon. They released a lot of great DLC's for that.

ImperialGrunt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ImperialGrunt » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:31 am

Well, firing multiple vehicle weapons would work for all sides, but we can agree to disagree and let the Emperor (the Devs) decree!

As far as the compass goes, it's a small item really, but the minimap does not rotate to align with the 3D map. So it might help orient players. And in more sophisticated scdnarios, a means of showing direction might be useful, such as "the primary objective is to the east, enemy reinforcements are expected from the north" type of thing.

Dizzy_slith

Post by Dizzy_slith » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Oh, ok. I see why you want the compass. But Im a less is more when it comes to HUD stuff.

1.) I'd like the map to go away with a toggle.
2.) In fact, make EVRYTHING that's distinctly different HUD wise including flag, unit and icon symbols, etc., go away with separate toggles, so I can have it look the way I want when I play and then have it all go away so I can take pretty screenshots.
3.) I just really really want a clean screen at the very end of the game WITHOUT Fog of War after the last unit dies so I can take pretty screens of the carnage on the battlefield.
4.) The ENEMY TURN flag when the AI is conducting its move and attacks, can we place that big ass ugly and obtrusive sign down where the End Turn button is instead and make it way smaller, like 10x smaller?? Its the most horrible placed thing in the game. Its horrid. Blocks the action and it really really doesnt need to be there. Please relocate it in the lower right of the screen underneath the map. THANK YOU!

GCCRacer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GCCRacer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:11 am

Okay, since we already have a wishlist thread here...

I'd like a difficulty setting. I guess it's already been mentioned. Make the enemy side dish out 1/3 more or less damage depending if it's set to easy or hard.

Right now I've played two skirmishes, the intro campaign mission, and I have only lost one unit in the entirety all three battles (a pack of bloodclaws). I'm not a seasoned tactical gamer or turn based gamer.

What's good is that the game always makes you feel like you are close to losing it. But in the end if you look at force points destroyed by each side, it's really in favor of the Wolves.

Dizzy_slith

Post by Dizzy_slith » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 pm

GCCRacer wrote:Okay, since we already have a wishlist thread here...

I'd like a difficulty setting. I guess it's already been mentioned. Make the enemy side dish out 1/3 more or less damage depending if it's set to easy or hard.

Right now I've played two skirmishes, the intro campaign mission, and I have only lost one unit in the entirety all three battles (a pack of bloodclaws). I'm not a seasoned tactical gamer or turn based gamer.

What's good is that the game always makes you feel like you are close to losing it. But in the end if you look at force points destroyed by each side, it's really in favor of the Wolves.
Second campaign is not as easy. But the same feeling is there. If you want to make it challenging, at the mission start, select several squads and hold them in reserve for 5 turns. The missions get a lot harder.

GCCRacer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GCCRacer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:03 am

Yeah, I was thinking to either hold Squads back, or buy 20% less Force points per mission to make it harder.

Dino_SWE
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dino_SWE » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:49 am

The option to issue charge order from a distance, if you have enough movement points to reach the enemy. Charge path highlighted when hovering the melee icon.

Dino_SWE
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dino_SWE » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Cover tiles being destroyed needs some sort of dust cloud and sound to go with it.

ImperialGrunt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ImperialGrunt » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:09 pm

Dino_SWE wrote:Cover tiles being destroyed needs some sort of dust cloud and sound to go with it.
Yep. And flamers should set some cover tiles, especially trees on fire!

Feel the Burn!

JPLOZ
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JPLOZ » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:53 pm

I don't know if anyone has previously requested it. However, more campaigns would be nice. I'm almost through the first one.

GovRorschach
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by GovRorschach » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Hello.

<copied from a new post I created today, but deleted since I checked that one>

To me there's huge problem with retaliation. I never know if it will happen, when and how many times.

1 - I still can't get if dreadnought can, cannot, why they sometimes do retaliate, why they don't systematicaly.
2 - Why is retaliation unlimited for other units (unless they are at least shaken) ?

Exemple of point n°1 : a dreadnought which retaliated only once on the 4th melee attack against him.

Exemple of point n°2 : Two groups of 4 (damaged, but not that much) Slugga Nobz get in melee against one group of three terminators (damaged too)(with power gloves).
Turn Ork 1 : Both groups of Slugga Nobz did hit twice, only two of them in front, damages were negligeable. Termies retaliate 4 times, killing one Nob at every hit.
Turn SM 1 : Termies finish a pack of Nobz with their own 2 attacks.
Turn Ork2 : Termies retaliate twice and finish the second pack.

I definitely think that unlimited retaliation is far too overpowered in the case of armored infantry.
I think that impossibility to know if our troops or the opponent will retaliate or not is a problem too to plan effectively a melee strategy.

What options to solve this ? I'd be happy to know what you think about these two :

1/ Limit retaliation :

Put a count of available retaliation for the turn, set the max to 1 or 2 (as for reaction shots). IA shouldn't wait for a potential best retaliation considering damage, but use it as soon as it's being under attack. I consider it normal as these tough guys we command tend to be irritable when someones comes to punch them.

That could lead to specific level up upgrades or troops having clearly more retaliation as a bonus, to 'preventively retaliate' for some agile specialized troop, and so on (but if so, that should be definitely <u>written</u> somewhere).

2/ Morale loss could be dramaticaly more important after subsequent melee attack from different sources during the same turn

I think it's the most interesting tacticaly as it's getting further than the usual "I'll make my ennemy retaliate on my armored troop then hit him with the squishy one" that could imply the first solution I mentionned.

As en exemple of this second solution : Ork boyz should literraly be terrifying waves due to their brutality. Two groups coming to you should definitevely lead you to freak out, at least under 50 morale after their 4 attacks. Three groups, hitting you for a total of 6 times should bring you totally shaken if not broken, may you have an armor or not. Today you get out such a melee turn with a morale around 70.

For orks that would mean solve a big part of their problems today : armor penetration.
This is especially relevant with low budget encounters : marines tend to get easily armored infantry in their ranks when Orks don't have much choice to prick armor penetration as their ranks are filled with so much infantry.
It could be great to give them the opportunity to wipe armored infantry by coordinating their strike.

This morale loss shouldn't concern armored vehicles attacked in melee though, and must be combined with the fact that vehicles shouldn't be concerned by control zones in melee.

Such a system could give more punch to space wolves claw packs too for an exemple.

Retaliation would be unlimited in that second case, except that a unit under attack would be less and less efficient as its morale goes down and finally leads it to be shaken/broken. That's definitely offering more tactics, giving basic troops a new purpose, would fasten the pace of melee combats and bring waves to be efficient.

HolyTerra
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by HolyTerra » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:11 pm

I would really like to see the level up bonuses for squads available for extra points in multiplayer. In Warhammer 40 you can buy auspex or a rad grenade or whatever for your characters or squads. It would be nice if you could spend the odd points you might have left over on little upgrades like that. The custom ammo too, you would basically be paying to upgrade marine bolters to sternguard.

It seems like it should be pretty easy to give us a new voice sets and the ability to chose from one of a dozen or so marine chapters. Maybe you guys want to give us more chapters in expansions but even if there will be special rules for other chapters theres still some like White Scars and Flesh Eaters that would use the more savage space wolf army list.

Space Marine Attack Bikes totally need to be in this game. So do some other orc tribes, Cyboar mounted warriors and Bad Moon Nobs come to mind.

Would it be a terrible thing to ask for an Eldar verses Tyranids expansion some time super soon?

But really, space marine attack bikes

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”