Gorkanaut Grotesquely Overpowered!!!

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
Schweinewitz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Gorkanaut Grotesquely Overpowered!!!

Post by Schweinewitz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Well, I'm totally ok with that ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Having a ball; this is a very very enjoyable game. Kudos to the Slith & Stray Space Marines!

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Gorkanaut Grotesquely Overpowered!!!

Post by zakblood » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:35 pm

hope you even more enjoy the latest patch

Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Dizzy_slith » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:09 pm

What did the latest patch do? Where's the patch notes?

Aviarium
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Aviarium » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:32 pm

I just encountered him on the second campaign in a Skirmish game. Sadly i think he is far more powerfull then the Knight the Space Marines can field themselves. The thing that makes him overpowered is not, that he can kill a unit with one shot, both of them can, but the amount of bullets with his "precise" aim. It shoots at one target, but with the one hailstorm of bullets can wipe out multiple units at once, cause he misses so much and just kills everything in sight. Ok, if he shoots close to a close combat, he wipes out the orc units too, but that denied me almost half of the XP my units could have gained in that battle :(

After that thing killed all of my army but my Dreadnought, i ran away with that one and one over time, not a satisfiying victory, but in war its only the victory, that counts :roll:

Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Dizzy_slith » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:36 pm

Sadly you think he is far more powerfull then the Knight? Guess you dont like the Orks.

I think its perfect just as is.

Schweinewitz

Post by Schweinewitz » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Three turns later: I killed almost all SW with this thing alone while my support Orkys were slaughtered. What's not to love?

Haven't encountered it from the SW side. Looking forward to it, it's obviously a worthy opponent.

BTW: It also can carry infantry.

Galdred
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Galdred » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:06 pm

Dizzy_slith wrote:Sadly you think he is far more powerfull then the Knight? Guess you dont like the Orks.

I think its perfect just as is.
He is not. I played with one in MP, and was able to kill one Predator or Dreadnought every single turn with it.
This is not in line with its price, and it should be able to do so with the melee attack, not its minigun.

ImperialGrunt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ImperialGrunt » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Hah, I just faced the Gorkanaut in a skirmish for the first time. It was a bit frustrating because of the random forces (all infantry) I was given to face it, none of them were good at AT, except for two meltagun packs. They did not even get close to even take a shot. Hopefully the skirmish set up improves balance wise, I know it is on the v1.02 list.

One thing I noticed was that the Gorkanaut could shoot over/through terrain I thought kept my meltagun packs hidden from LOS. The cover (a tall rock formation) blocked movement and the meltagun's LOS. That did not seem correct. LOS should work both ways. I was trying to get my meltagun packs into positions from which they could pop out from cover, shoot, and then run back to cover to try to wear the Gorkanaut down. Nope, he shot them down right through their cover (and the cover itself was not damaged). Later in the game it seemed to shoot right through a hill. I know it has a height advantage but at least the unit's in the deadspace directly behind the hill should have still be out of LOS.

That minigun cannon sure is a body stacker, even for nearby orks!

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”