Some bugs

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
WhiteTigerK17
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Some bugs

Post by WhiteTigerK17 »

Hope its OK to post this here.
Firstly, the game is amazing, and I have happily spent my entire week playing it endlessly.

Even with the few bugs/imbalances(personal opinion) I would continue to play the game for a very long time.

I checked around too see if I could find if some of these had already been posted so as to not duplicate.

When a Grey Hunter Blood Claw pack has the smoke grenade equipped the following occurs:
- Throw grenade enables Bonus Attack Melee option when in or next to the smoke, which allows 3 attacks, in addition to the 2 normal actions.
- When these 3 attacks are completed, the Blood Claw pack is then allowed to throw another grenade, and commit 3 more attacks.

I managed to do this 4 times in a row, and only stopped because all surrounding enemies had perished, and so could no longer complete my bonus attack set and so no longer had the ability to throw another smoke grenade.
When over, the smoke grenade returned to its normal 4 turn cool-down. Great fun but perhaps a bit OP.

Land Speeders, when locked in combat offer the ability to exchange actions for extra movement if the ability has been unlocked.
This leads to confusion as one believes this could allow to move out of combat.
This does not work and actions are simply spent and the Land Speeder can still not move from combat unless the enemies near the target are destroyed by other units.
Maybe allow this power (actions for moves) to only be possible when not locked in combat?

Some maps spawn units inside blocked areas, albeit destructible areas.
The start of one of my matches involved having my unites blow a hole in two layers of pipe to allow my marines to escape.

When Jetpack units engage in close combat with other Jetpack, Deffkopta or Land speeder units when on a mountain or on other high terrain attainable only by flying units, no damage is done whatsoever.

I uploaded a photo to imgur but am unable to post it as "My post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URL's"
imgur com /a/ La2ez

This stalemate lasted for a long time since my land speeder had no moral so could not fire back nor move, and the Jet Pack o=Orcs were unable to hit it so could not kill it. Good fun really.

#5 Balance
This is of my personal opinion.
Flash Gitz are massively OP vs anything or anyone, their guns have taken out predator taks in two volleys, and many other units. They are relatively easy to kill so must be dealt with immediately but still, the insta-kill on anything in their surrounding area is, how would I say, a massive b**tch. The motorbike variant of these units (unsure of the name) are even more powerful in attack but are also again even weaker to Space Marine attacks.

Battle Wagon guns are also very very powerful against infantry, but once again they do not fire when in close quarters so I suppose its a matter of engaging them man to man.

I have read others post the same and I agree that Space Marine Melee units (Sky Claw and Blood Claw) are a tad under-powered in their department, compared to the amount of damage they take from the Orcs.

And to end I have never seen a grenade as powerfull as Skrak head smasha's grenade. That thing just deals pain.

Even with these details, the game is amazing and I congratulate the developers and the artists for such an incredible piece of work, love it to bits, and even if nothing changed I would still play it (not a reason to not change things).

Thanks for reading if you got this far.
Regards
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Some bugs

Post by zakblood »

can you try out v1.0.10 and comment on if it made it better for you, thanks
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Benedict151 »

Thank you WhiteTiger
This is the perfect place to post and thank you for your comments - all very helpful

As Zakblood suggested please do try with the v1.0.10 patch which has made a number of changes to balance etc and if you have time let us know if you think it addressed any of your issues

regards
Ben Wilkins
WhiteTigerK17

Post by WhiteTigerK17 »

Glad to be of assistance.

All looking great so far, will report back with news!

New scenery destruction icons are frankly amazing! Close combat destruction, Wreck destruction.

Close combat appears more balanced between units. Everything feels more balanced. #
A tad worried space marines are too OP for experienced players. Will need to play more to see how AI behaves.

Only thing I find odd is Titan V Titan combat, titans somehow get cover bonus's for being behind trees or buildings that are a fifth of their size, when being attacked by other titans whose guns are above the trees.

Regards
Kim
WhiteTigerK17

Post by WhiteTigerK17 »

What is this Fountain of Lead option appeared in the Campaign list? it offers no selection there on after.
WhiteTigerK17

Post by WhiteTigerK17 »

BTW all aspects of the new update are amazing, positive criticism is often forgotten but I have to say everything works perfectly and the balancing is obvious and the game handles smoother. Great stuff.
SgtBootStrap
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by SgtBootStrap »

And some Observations. :)

Post Patch I watched multiple times as Ork units would Move and end their turn by attacking a "wrecked unit". Always was wrecked Orc units but regardless. Once was kinda cute, but after 3 times it seems a BUG. Unknown if it is related to the Patch fix to alleviate the AI's "wasted attacks" but it just looks weird.

Another issue noted was on the GoffTown map, during the final battle of the 1st Campaign, the central Black circle, the one with the tall balled pedestals around it, that emit a force field type deal, (damn it, I will have to take screens next time) anyways, I teleported my Champ to the center in order to throw a Grenade, and low and behold he went up to his waist through the floor and was done from there (I have not gone 4 turns after) yet to see if he can teleport back out, but no ground based movement of the unit is allowed. One always assumes that if allowed to Move into an area, one would be allowed to move back out, no matter the method of transport to and fro. ;)

Added Image: Image

P.S. I did get him out via his Teleport. :)

One positive item I wish to present was how the AI did a great job of avoiding a Tangled Area I had setup to prevent a flanking maneuver I could see coming a mile away. :) With the Trap set, there was 1 square open along the extreme Border of the Map and 2 Ork units both went around the top side and down that 1 square corridor to avoid. Well done AI. Sadly they met my flanking spoilers,a pair of Speeders who kited them to death but at least they showed some good savvy before dying tragically. lol ;)

P.S I will make better notes in the future as long winded stories may not be the best method of providing what should be nice and concise feedback. :) I will update if the Transport gets my Hero out of his sticky wicket (if he survives the Burna Boyz that just showed up) :(
Last edited by SgtBootStrap on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteTigerK17

Post by WhiteTigerK17 »

During some end game the total number of space marine units killed was +1 of the number countable in the detailed version. I have a hunch it is because perhaps the green knight did not count as any of the unit types so did not appear in heavy units, but was added to the total count.

When the orc jetpack units land above an object such as landing on a wall or a statue, they produce no sound effects when firing their guns and hit nothing. I noticed this on the walls of the map from Back to the Brink.

#3.1
On another note, on some missions such as "Back from the Brink" all AI units from the entire map converge to fight you, only the top right section at the control point next to the Baneblade model stayed in position (The control point below the model not above it)
This resulted in a massive mosh-pit battle in the centre of the map where enemy units and my units bottle-necked each other.
After this I spent 4 or 5 turns getting my units in a convoy without resistance capturing all other points on the map.

I assume the AI has trouble dealing with complex pathways, and is excellent in open areas.
I am unsure why some units stayed garrisoned and defended their victory points whereas others didn't, but that factor changes a lot to the game-play experience.
Both outcomes are fun, I thought I would explain what happened as it felt as if that is not what was intended to happen. If it was, then its all on me.

#3.2
Also on this map, Orc units could fire over the wall borders to my units under and when under could fire on my units on the walls above. My units however, Space Marines, were unable to see anything, or fire at anything visible by other units, if the units they were trying to attack were a level down or a level up on the wall.
WhiteTigerK17

Post by WhiteTigerK17 »

BUG

There is an issue where in the Multiplayer Games Screen, if you have a current game in play and you click the refresh button, the numbers representing the size of the game change.

IE its a 28x28 but it skips 20x28 to 32x28 and numbers inbetween when I click refresh. Im sure this changes nothing in game but there you go.
GCCRacer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GCCRacer »

May I add: some Orc units die standing in such a way they look like still active enemies.
Grenadier79
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Grenadier79 »

I've also noticed that Dreadnaughts fire 4 rounds but only hit 1 character in a squad. While other guns hit more or all characters. Even if it kills that character it fire's the other shots into nothing.
The Few Good Men wargaming and history club.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com
GordonStraylight
Straylight
Straylight

Post by GordonStraylight »

Hi guys, thanks for the reports.

Anti-tank weapons generally always hit 1 man in a squad. It might feel a little weird but its necessary to stop them being too good vs infantry and allows us to have specific anti-infantry weapons that are more effective.

Cheers,

Gordon.
SgtBootStrap

Post by SgtBootStrap »

Still seeing Orc units wasting attacks on their own wrecks. I know they aren't the "swiftest bunch of gazelles on the plains", but... ;)
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello SgtBootStrap
This should be addressed in the next update (v1.0.12) which is coming soon

regards
Ben Wilkins
Merkkari

Post by Merkkari »

Dreadnought destroying ground textures tiles. Or maybe overflapping blood splatters make them disappear?

It would be cool to get crater textures at some point, smaller for cannons (Dreadnought) and bigger for artillery (Whirlwind).
Is it possible to get many texture on top of each other, overflapping with this engine? Like ground texture tile, blood splatter, and crater textures?

Also nice game u guys made +++++
Attachments
Ground texture bug
Ground texture bug
test2.jpg (249.96 KiB) Viewed 6329 times
SgtBootStrap

Post by SgtBootStrap »

Benedict151 wrote:Hello SgtBootStrap
This should be addressed in the next update (v1.0.12) which is coming soon

regards
Ben Wilkins
Perfect. ;)
GordonStraylight
Straylight
Straylight

Post by GordonStraylight »

Merkkari wrote:Dreadnought destroying ground textures tiles. Or maybe overflapping blood splatters make them disappear?

It would be cool to get crater textures at some point, smaller for cannons (Dreadnought) and bigger for artillery (Whirlwind).
Is it possible to get many texture on top of each other, overflapping with this engine? Like ground texture tile, blood splatter, and crater textures?

Also nice game u guys made +++++
Thanks for the report, will get this fixed.

Cheers,

Gordon
Merkkari

Post by Merkkari »

Mission: Last stand of the young king
Skyclaw assault marines and ork Rokkit boys get stuck in melee top of hill. Both sides don't make damage to each other, only attack animations without sounds.
Easy to repeat, as on first turn put Skyclaw top of hill, and next turn Rokkit Boys sees them and attack them.

It ended until i had time to shoot the Rokkit boys with other troops and freed Assault marines from eternal silent combat.
Attachments
hill.jpg
hill.jpg (235.01 KiB) Viewed 6239 times
Merkkari

Post by Merkkari »

Rare bug.
I can deploy / unload one Gretching squad with my Grey hunter bolter squad. Has happened twice in my own custom mission, and I dont know recipe how to re-create this.
Attachments
20170304153907_1.jpg
20170304153907_1.jpg (225.33 KiB) Viewed 6200 times
Merkkari

Post by Merkkari »

Found reason.
Somehow gretchin is under or inside marine, as it shows its location top of marines with bolters.
Attachments
20170306191408_1.jpg
20170306191408_1.jpg (156.03 KiB) Viewed 6147 times

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”