Sanctus Reach Patch v1.0.10 feedback

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sanctus Reach Patch v1.0.10 feedback

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Zak,

you may well have an issue but its quite hard to tell to be honest. There might be something wrong here but it all depends on exactly what facing units were at, what reactions they had, their morale etc and its hard to tell after the fact.

If at all possible can you save the game before you end the AI turn, then see if you can get a repeatable case where it does not and then we'd definitely have something to look in to?

In general if you can try and keep any bug report in its own thread, and only the info relevant to that bug it would be great. It was quite hard to work out which part of this post was a bug and which was just commentary and its very possible I missed something as I only have time to glance through and pick out the highlights. When the team are dealing with hundreds of posts per day making sure they get the info in as bite sized and easy to understand a format is vital!

Thanks!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

it was the first few moves on the very first mission, so no saves i'm sorry to say, and also not been able to repeat it either, so seems a one off, so unless i can repeat it again, and have saves etc, considered it closed on my part, thanks anyway for looking and feedback as always
SgtBootStrap
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by SgtBootStrap »

Good one zakblood_slith sir. ;)

Not exactly sure how it works yet either but I have noted that not all facings cover every square(hex) out in front of a shooter. If you could show the "reaction spots" that may be helpful. It seems that two units, one directly behind the other, the second unit in line do not get a "reaction action" field, despite the ICON being active and select-able. A sound choice, as shooting a brother in the back, on purpose, would surely be seen by his Battle Brothers, in a poor light. Now, ranged shots to the odd Brothers back are always accidental. ;)

I have also seen enemy units get to Melee by using the "blind spots" or gaps in the "reaction fields" to great affect. Much to my chagrin actually. ;)

I too will test this some as it is indeed a key component to a solid defense while it is the enemies turn.

P.S. As an aside. I have seen my units at times get through the enemy RED squares, assumed to be their "reaction areas", not a lot of times, but on some occasions, so there is definite merit to further investigation on this front.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Just a note - we now have autosves so if you do see anything odd you can load up the last autosave and try and repeat it immediately. I'm sure there still are some issues in there but its tricky to dig in to it without a repeatable case. Thanks again for checking!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

never seen it since tbh, and played it 8 times now, same level, the first mission, so for me it's not repeatable but will look out of it all the same, thanks
funks
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by funks »

at now the game is funny but very simple to play
with some strange wargaming concepts. Like the one if I move all my movement I can shoot full shot while I stand and shoot I can't move anymore.
Persistent characters and squads dead in a scenario and returning later. Grukk very feeble
MaximusDecimusMeridius

Post by MaximusDecimusMeridius »

Hello! I've been enjoying the game a lot these past days. Two missions away from finishing both campaigns. As such, there are a few things I'd like to give feedback on. I am playing on 1.0.10. No screenshots unfortunately, but these occurences are common.

The lack of wargear for units gaining a level persists, but it has only happened for two squads of Blood Claws. Being able to choose wargear and weapon loadout would be a nice addition, as having less useful wargear appear again and again takes away from the usefulness of being able to tailor squads. This, and the random appearance of squads before missions takes away from immersion for me.

Units that have gained a level cannot gain more experience for the remainder of the mission. I'm sure it's intended, but it would be nice to not have to cycle back squads that have gained experience to let less experienced squads get some! The same can be said for the already maxed out units, so that units that should see extensive use get put on vanguard duty because they get no experience from kills. Maybe an increased level cap?

Twin-linked heavy weapons and squads with multiple heavy weapons fire multiple shots, but only hit one model per squad. Firing on a unit of low-health units, this causes significant overkill, the first shot killing a model and the rest never hitting anything. The only instance where they hit several models is if they miss the target unit and hit an intended unit.

Friendly fire. The mechanics are a bit hard to understand. If I have, say a Predator on a hill-tile above a squad of marines directly below and I fire at a distant enemy, a shot might veer of target diagonally and hit the marines. It seems the hit-boxes are tall enough for them to be hit by shots they shouldn't be able to judging by the angle of the shot and the intended target.

Weapon degradation over distance is a fine mechanic for ballistic weapons, but for exposives like the frag missile makes it do 0 damage upon direct hits agains even the weakest of enemies on extreme range at times.

In some instances a unit that takes casualties has a model standing on the edge of the tile, making it impossible to hit. The same can happen with slanted hill-tiles, where a unit is half-hidden from its waist in the tile and shots miss, hitting the centre of the tile instead.
ImperialGrunt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ImperialGrunt »

I just noticed that the minimap rotates to stay oriented with the terrain. That is great!

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”