How much latitude does Slitherine have with 40k?

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
sinbuster
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

How much latitude does Slitherine have with 40k?

Post by sinbuster »

Does their license from GW only cover the SR system? Are they only able to include races that fought in the lore?

I think SR is the closest to 40k TT as I've ever seen and it would be a great template for 40k as a whole, but I wonder how many races we will actually get to see.
MojoAmok

Re: How much latitude does Slitherine have with 40k?

Post by MojoAmok »

That's a great question and one I would like to know the answer to myself - any word, Slitherine & Straylight?

I hope the license goes beyond just the factions deployed in one specific campaign.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The current license is tied to Sanctus Reach so only races involved in that conflict can be introduced but we have multiple license and are exploring additional ones with Games Workshop so there are ways to take things further but until its all agreed we can't really say much.
MojoAmok

Post by MojoAmok »

Thanks for the heads up on that - I'm certainly hoping that a larger license can be secured as the game is a tremendous amount of fun (I'm at 40 hours already after just getting it during the Steam sale, which is a rather rare volume of play for me at this point).

I'm trying to find which factions were canonically involved in the conflict - I think we've got Guardsmen and maybe the Obsidian Glaive marine chapter? The latter not sounding like hot DLC potential even if legally possible, though their punishment shtick actually is pretty interesting. Am I missing anything?
sinbuster

Post by sinbuster »

Thanks for the info, Iain. I guess I shouldn't hope for too much when it comes to GW.

That said, I've had a blast playing Sanctus and Armageddon.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”