MP : Player Action => Pipe (Like UNIX/C) => Foe See

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
Exaercase
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

MP : Player Action => Pipe (Like UNIX/C) => Foe See

Post by Exaercase »

Hello,

I'll realy will play and offer this wonderfull game to my friend but PBEM system for a game like Sanctus is not adapted. Sanctus is not Wargame with 20h for a player turn.

I'm Computer Scientist (In Big Data Calculator but is not important) in the past i do C and System programming (Unix). And i read your MP Script (C Script like) and you could adapt it without many effort to do like Space Hulk 2013.

I explain in time you record all unit actions and send an email to play on the foe screen. My Idea is do pipe (C/UNIX like) to send at the end of each unit action the information need to play it on Foe screen. Is like you send part of the mail time after time. I now is possible cause in space hulk i play with team speak with my friend and i ear my action on it's computer when a unit have end all it's action or when i change of unit. it's lol

I say this cause i understand that you use PBEM cause your company do Wargame with very long player turn and in this case it's ok. But Sanctus don't have very long player turn and in the wrost case we do a save and continue after.

This ask to not wait a mail in front of black screen i know that many many many player ask it. I try to do you a rapid solution. Hope that have help.

I hope you take care of this topic cause i think many player will like to have a semi real MP.

See you and thx again for this great game
Regard's ExA
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MP : Player Action => Pipe (Like UNIX/C) => Foe See

Post by pipfromslitherine »

There are a number of posts on this, and some form of connected MP is on our todo list for sure. Thanks for your comments!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Exaercase
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: MP : Player Action => Pipe (Like UNIX/C) => Foe See

Post by Exaercase »

Hello,

First thx to take time to answer :)

And WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, i'll hope for it then i could offer the game to my friends ;) and play at a good game, but as my friends are not Wargamer MP by Mail not possible ;) So it's a wonderfull news.

Thx a lot.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”