Road Ahead Thread?

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
cyrano
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Road Ahead Thread?

Post by cyrano »

Leaving my burning lust for connected MP to the side, I inquire:

Is there a "road ahead" thread about that speaks to up-coming factions, expansions, DLC, &c.?

Showing my cards plainly: I really want Blood Angels.

A lot.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: Road Ahead Thread?

Post by Parallax »

Sanctus Reach campaign hadn't Blood Angels, but had Chaos Demons
SimonLancaster
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by SimonLancaster »

I think Chaos Demons are coming and they will be the last race for Sanctus Reach. Just updates and tweaks after that... Slitherine may expand the 40k universe in other games, though.
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

SLancaster wrote:I think Chaos Demons are coming and they will be the last race for Sanctus Reach. Just updates and tweaks after that... Slitherine may expand the 40k universe in other games, though.
I hope to see Shield of Bhaal campaigh and tyranids :)
AwesomeLion
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by AwesomeLion »

Any word on if we can expect more races to show up down the road? Great game, but would love to see more factions.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

There is news coming, but unfortunately some delays have meant things not coming as quickly as we know you guys would like!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
AwesomeLion
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by AwesomeLion »

pipfromslitherine wrote:There is news coming, but unfortunately some delays have meant things not coming as quickly as we know you guys would like!

Cheers

Pip
Just knowing something is in the works helps a lot with the wait =)

Any chances of hearing any news this month or April? Thanks for staying in communication with us - will totally understand if you can't give a rough estimate or guess of ETA for news.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The guys are working on a DLC that we hope to be out in the first half of 2018. We should be announcing soon! :)
AwesomeLion
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by AwesomeLion »

IainMcNeil wrote:The guys are working on a DLC that we hope to be out in the first half of 2018. We should be announcing soon! :)
Sweet! Looking forward to the announcement then. I'm going to guess something Chaos =D
Grimdarc
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Grimdarc »

Put a dimunitive heavily armored/armed humanoid race into the Mod editor and call it anything other than Squats. Be prepared to win a staring contest with GW IP Inquisitors.
AwesomeLion
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by AwesomeLion »

IainMcNeil wrote:The guys are working on a DLC that we hope to be out in the first half of 2018. We should be announcing soon! :)
pipfromslitherine wrote:There is news coming, but unfortunately some delays have meant things not coming as quickly as we know you guys would like!

Cheers

Pip
So first half of 2018 approaching surely, but slowly. Any chance of announcement this month guys? C= Been pretty quiet on the forum ^^

Poke @pipfromslitherine
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by DonCzirr »

I've seen mention of "Chaos Demons" available in this setting but could not find any information of where Chaos came into this campaign.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that Chaos might be part of it since they are my favorite villains in 40k - but 2 questions:

1. Does "Chaos Demons" also mean CSMs and associated vehicles etc ? (it would seem odd to just have a bunch of unguided demons just show up and start running amok)

2. Anyone have a link about the Chaos activity in this setting?
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii »

Well, the Chaos is coming is official, in 2 days preview hehehe.

But apart new content... any chance to improve game base??? for example made that action points be TRUE action points??? i refer that you now can use ALL action points to move and you have ALL ATTACKS!!! or you can pursuit enemies in melee performing actions over your total action points... for me this kill the tactical component in game like no melee in all units or no ability to have mixed units (for me is mortal for guard units, a mix of chaff infantry+support weapon in a single squad is much better than actual system).

Lets see what introduce new faction but i expect a mix of guard+marines with chaff infantry for chaos to complete stronger units.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Scutari we had a system like that initially but it wasn't any fun. People did not want to move as it lost shots so ended up with people creeping forwards and slow boring games. We made this decision consciously and it actually makes the game much better :)
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

The problem is that game now is in the middle... action points have importance BUT not a lot to be a tactical wargame, based in the units you use... see melee units for example, you can use all action points to move near enemy and use all attacks because they pursuit enemy in retreat something that break A LOT game for armies not based in melee specially with the cuestionable decision of dont give ALL UNITS melee ability, i can accept flam and AT units dont have melee but marines and guard units (chaff infantry) no melee??? is a little :|

Play with guard is like a Benny Hill episode because melee units simple can blitzkrieg firebased units-armies and maps usually are not all good they could be to adapt that situation (for example we cant use buildings as "bunkers" and units cant be placed inside defensive works) and if you stand and fire you cant retreat, is unfair that melee units can use ALL action points to rush and have ALL ATTACKS while fire units CANT use all fire attacks (to have them with all bonus) because if they fire they cant move.

For me this break game a lot and i dont see the point, even an old game like "Steel Panthers" do this much better, you had X attacks, if you move you lose attacks, if you attack you lose action points and you need play to with reserve attacks for defensive fire... in general this is for me what i expect and i dont find in Sanctus reach, you can simple add more action points and made the use of them the game core for tactical area.

I see the new DLC and i feel :? i expected a mixed army, half marine and half imperial guard (cultist) with a small presence of demons... oposite army for me is not interesting and is going to break even more game balance (poor imperial guard) apart that campaign is only for marines and not chaos.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Steel Panthers is a vastly more complex game and so the way it works is not something I'd want to replicate in a game like Sanctus Reach.

Having tried with and without actions linked to movement I can say its vastly more fun with them detached. You have to adapt your tactics to game mechanics. You cannot allow non melee units to get caught in hand to hand. You have to protect them and stand off. You also have reaction fire to slow down any incoming melee units.

The problem is its tricky to get the right interactions between melee and ranged units in a turn based game. Its much easier in a real time simulation as shots per minute and damage per second become more relevant and units cant carefully position themselves to move to contact without the defender getting a turn to react.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

For the most part, I enjoy the way the game is now.

If flows fast and furious.

Only problem I have is seeing my ranged Space Marines retreating each time and not even having the option to slug it out a bit with the Orks.

Most of the time, that would just be smart tactics - but at times, a Space Marine unit would stand their ground and buy some time if it was important for winning the battle or saving their company.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”