Sanctus Reach - Horrors of the Warp is announced!

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Sanctus Reach - Horrors of the Warp is announced!

Post by AlbertoC »

Hunted by the Adeptus Astartes, the Ork Mogrok has made a desperate gambit: he has opened a warp rift on Alaric Prime… the planet plunges into new depths of madness as war rages on. Hordes of Chaos Daemons pour in from the rift, threatening to sweep over the Sanctus Reach system.

Only the Space Wolves stand tall before the chaotic tide: they are the last bastion of the Imperium. Should they fall the whole system will be lost and all the blood that has been spilt so far will be for nothing.

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach is back with a new expansion! In the Horrors of the Warp campaign you will lead the Space Wolves in the last chapter of the Sanctus Reach campaign: Logan Grimnar’s chapter will once again show its valour in a 16 scenarios single player campaign. In the Horrors of the Warp campaign you will have to face a new dangerous threat: Chaos Daemons. You will need to adapt and tailor your tactics to face this implacable new enemy.

Chaos Daemons have also been added as a new playable faction in Skirmish, with many new units each devoted to a different Chaos god! Servants and champions of Nurgle, Slaanesh, Khorne and Tzeentch are ready to swarm over Orks and the Imperium alike, with new mighty abilities derived from the Warp. Hordes of Bloodletters, crazy Chaos Spawns, fetid Plague Drones, and infernal Soul Grinders… the pits of Chaos are deep.

We will show more of the expansion in the coming weeks, so stay tuned. But if you want to watch the first exclusive preview stream of Horrors of the Warp then don’t miss today’s stream. Chapter Master Valrak will play Horrors of the Warp and stream it live on Twitch and YouTube today at 9 pm CEST! Don’t miss it!
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Sanctus Reach - Horrors of the Warp is announced!

Post by DonCzirr »

Uh oh .... not seeing any Chaos Space Marines included .... bummer.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
ringoblood
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ringoblood »

There is Chaos Space Marines. They are in the Hero Classes, if you watched the Streams. on May 3.
Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii »

I see the video and dont remember see chaos marines... only demons and half machine half demon.

I admit is not what i expected and dont find the DLC attractive for my taste, well, maybe next one is going to cover Tau :mrgreen:
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

I think the problem is with the IP covered by the Campaign they are using.

The little snippets that I saw referred just to some Ork boss opening a portal for Demons.

I think the best we can hope for is a new full release where Slitherine Devs do not pick "Dese Dems and Dose" antagonists.

It amazes me that a gaming universe with such clever and developed, intelligent antagonists (CSMs, Eldar and Necrons) is constantly spammed in computer games by these big green Comic Relief 1930s Mobsters :roll:

Vargas78
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Vargas78 »

Unlike chaos space marines, chaos demons are nearly always under-represented in 40k video games so i'm looking forward to this one!
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Well, the problem for me is more in how DLCs only add ONE new faction (or simple campaign from other point of view) and not at least 2... i dont ask for a system like FOGII with a 10 new armies per DLC but a "dual faction" content politics help solve release only one army type and need wait next DLC add what you want or something diferent to last DLC apart that content limited to follow a campaign is not a great deal in the moment campaign is not the strongest part of game, skirmish need be the soul of game is campaign if not heavy reworked and improved.

The lack of chaos campaign is bad but not specially bad in the moment the campaign system is a sucesion of linked skirmish with a few predefined missions in the middle, no sensation of lead a combat unit from battle to battle improving the core units and using support units.

I know i sound negative but is what i see in game and what i read about it in other wargames forum i follow, game is interesting??? yes, but people think that the way is implement is not the best way because is very simple in how offer players play option.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Well - I guess the problem rests with the nature of the GW IP and the campaigns that are licensed to the Developers / Publishers.

With the current release, I suppose they could only expand out to IG and Chaos Demons?

In such cases I hear that GW gives very little license to, well ... go beyond the license ...

I would like to see however if Straylight and Slitherine could work with GW to pull some Chaos Space Marines through the Warp along with the Demons .... I mean they are there, the Demons are there (in the immaterium) .... who knows what could wind up coming through a Warp portal opening right?

Seems to me there should be that amount of wiggle room for this current license at least ....

jcurella
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by jcurella »

"Horrors of the Warp campaign you will lead the Space Wolves in the last chapter of the Sanctus Reach campaign"

Does this mean there will be no more expansions for sanctus reach?
I was really hoping to see the Tau or Eldar... :(
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

jcurella wrote:"Horrors of the Warp campaign you will lead the Space Wolves in the last chapter of the Sanctus Reach campaign"

Does this mean there will be no more expansions for sanctus reach?
I was really hoping to see the Tau or Eldar... :(

Were they in the Games Workshop Table Top campaign ?

I'm having a hard time getting good information on that one - like the involvement of the Chaos Demons.

Tau and Eldar would be great just in terms of forces for skirmish - but they would seem odd in this setting.

Perhaps Slitherine , Straylight or some 40k fanboy could advise better?

Fosil
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Fosil »

no they weren't, so they are probably not part of any "sanctus reach" license.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Fosil wrote:no they weren't, so they are probably not part of any "sanctus reach" license.

Thanks for the confirm Fosil.

Well, that settles it - Straylight will just have to whip up a few more campaigns / new releases to cover everyone's favorite armies :wink:

It has flaws and not enough fluff / cinematics / lore ... but hey, they can improve those things on the new releases.

I can say honestly though, that I am enjoying this game the most out of any 40k title since Chaos Gate.

So - even though I did not get CSMs in the new DLC - I will be purchasing both that and the IG module as well.

MartiusR
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MartiusR »

Will Horrors of the Warp be released on GOG as well? I would definitelly prefer to buy it there ( there are on GOG already basic game and both DLCs).
jcurella

Post by jcurella »

Fosil wrote:no they weren't, so they are probably not part of any "sanctus reach" license.
ok, fair enough. I'm just wondering at this point if there will be any more expansions. I don't like the way they worded it as "the finale chapter in the space wolves campaign."
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Then no more content for game??? base all in a specific campaign sounds more like a big mistake because limit a lot the content they can release... and to be fair the campaign-lore part of game is very very poor.

Well, the base game per se is not bad at all but needs improvements with a more round tactical combat part (melee part very limited, range units CANT melee something that is :roll: ) and improved skirmish, campaign for me is poor and not the motive because i buy the game.

If they release a new title expect be more FOGII and less like this.
hjc

Post by hjc »

Scutarii wrote:Then no more content for game??? base all in a specific campaign sounds more like a big mistake because limit a lot the content they can release... and to be fair the campaign-lore part of game is very very poor.
The problem for us players is GamesWorkshop control the licensing. And they control exactly what factions, units, and setting, the Devs can work with. So, the Devs may well want to just add more units, but they're not allowed to.
Scutarii wrote: If they release a new title expect be more FOGII and less like this.
Yes that would be amazing, to have access to every army and fight in any combination. But, I don't believe we will see that ever - unless Citadel miniatures sales fall off a cliff, then, maybe they will try to keep revenue with a proper TT emulation. But for now, Sanctus Reach style games are about as good as it will get.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

I wonder if GW assumes that giving too much race / force options in a single 40k computer product would hurt their table top sales?

Personally speaking, I could never go back to the table top unless I won the lottery and could retire.

It was fun painting and playing when my son was young - but I don't have the time or money (for models / terrain) any longer - so my involvement with table top hobby is not impacted in any way by what 40k content comes to the computer.

Perhaps it's a bit different with other demographics - maybe for young single guys it makes a difference ....

For a Dad with bills however, I'll stick with Slitherine's 40k games :wink:

Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Well, in my case if i play something from WH universe is thanks to PC, i dont have interest in pay for overpriced figures and cant play when i want-can and no solo gameplay.

Of course they could do what the want with their license but i see stupid try enter in "digital enviroment" and try use the model from physical figures... i refer that in the case of Sanctus reach it could be a great game with years of life but the limitations in game and license for me kill game very fast,after release of next DLC with no more content game has months of life, and game NEVER had the player base of FOGII.

If the problem is license they can use the solution used in sports manager games, change names and offer a game with generic named armies, in the end this game is NOT A PORT of table game.

Well, is not like we can do a lot here, maybe we need wait next title but i have more interest in FOGII moving to medieval period over rebuy base game+DLCs to play with the WG faction i want.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

40k games tend to serve a different purpose with me.

Sanctus Reach, for example I see as a very good purchase - for my taste and my needs at least.

The banter, the weapons, the atmosphere give me a good over-the-top 40k feeling.

Does it have the flaws / limitations that you mention ? Sure.

But overall it gives me good 40k turn based entertainment. As opposed to the non-sense that is going on with the Dawn of War series.

So - although I am not thrilled with CSMs not being included in the new DLC, I'll buy it to support StrayLight and Slitherine staying on the right course.

vonZipper
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by vonZipper »

Can't wait.

Any ideas on release date?

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”