Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach - Sandbox Campaign Update!

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach - Sandbox Campaign Update!

Post by AlbertoC »

We have a surprise for all Sanctus Reach fans today.

It's been a while since the last major update, but the developers from Straylight Studio have not been idle. They have been secretly at work on behalf of the Emperor of Mankind, toiling silently on a secret project... which we are releasing today.

With today's update comes the new Sandbox Campaign mode.

Now you will be able to completely customize and generate new campaigns to your liking, choosing the faction you'd like to lead and setting the parameters you want.

Have you ever wanted to lead a horde of Chaos Daemons, facing the servants of the Imperium? Or maybe you'd like to lead a new massive Waaaagh! and fight a series of battles against, well, anyone who would put up a good fight? Now you can!

You can choose to play as any faction you have unlocked, against any other faction. You can also set the number of battles you'd like to fight, up to a maximum of 20. You can of course set the difficulty level you prefer.

There is also now a new mode known as Ironman mode. When playing a campaign on Ironman mode your units will suffer from permanent death and your forces won't be replenished between missions! Not for the faint of heart, surely.

We believe that this new feature will greatly increase replayability, and we are eager to hear your feedback on it. You can download it here.
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach - Sandbox Campaign Update!

Post by Parallax »

Very interesting update, thanks
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

Enemy Astra Militarum knight in the first mission very imbalanced
NoTauPlease
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by NoTauPlease »

Great feature Thks a lot guys it's been a ride this game, keep it up !

A little problem : I played one skirmishcampaign as SW, faced a variety of opponents and had a great time, units suffered permanent death and I had to adapt ...
BUT, once I reached mission 10, it continued on a mission 11/10 with new units without XP, then a mission 12 with 0 units on the force selection panel, and an auto loss since I started the 12th battle without units.

Regarding imbalance, I faced Astra and Knight and it worked for me at the price of most of my fast attack choice ... became armored heavy and had a blast going on.

Hope you can expand to another setting with pointy eared pantyhose warriors (and no Tau)
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

Few notes:
My 20 mission grim darkness campaign finishes 1 mission earlier, after i finished 19th mission, not 20th.
Latest missions was very easy, cause they haven't grim darkness spawns, i don't know why. And enemies in latest missions picked lot very cheap infantry units, not lot big and powerfull :-(
Chaos demons much harder compare with all others fractions. And demons in the first few missions could be instadeath and game over ) Cause they are very powerfull on small maps
Astra Militarum Knight Gerantius could also be very dangerous in first missions, especially if it is open map without much cover, but still not as deadly as demons
Teleport bug (or feature?). I can't shoot twice and then teleport, but i can shoot, teleport and shoot again or teleport first and then shoot twice

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”