Wishlist for Sanctus Reach 2

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
Galdred
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Wishlist for Sanctus Reach 2

Post by Galdred » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:03 am

As the last of the DLC has sailed (or not?), I was thinking about what I would really love to see in SR2:
  1. No more settings limitation, so that we can have factions that are more relevant/varied.
  1. A clear campaign army roster. The random list really detracts from the attachment to your company, and they made some of the MP matches I played very one sided, but it was early in beta.
  1. A thin strategic layer, as in Final Liberation: This is not to have a strategic mini game on top of the tactical game, but to make the tactical part more meaningful.
  1. More infantry friendly terrain: buildings that can be garrisoned, and a higher density of terrain that is only passable to infantry and grants cover bonus.
  1. Deep striking options. I toyed a bit with drop pods in the scenario builder, and it is a shame they were not better integrated in the game (by having a drop pod deployment option).
  1. A more intuitive penetration system (ie with a penetration roll that depends on the armor/penetration ratio, instead of one penetration, and a separate armor roll). The current system does its job, but it required quite a bit of reverse engineering to piece things together.
  1. Longer beta! Or maybe I entered too late, but I had the impression that the few iterations we had really made things better, but I wish there were more.

Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: Wishlist for Sanctus Reach 2

Post by Parallax » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:40 am

Ironman mode and grim dark difficulty from the beginning. And blood angels, tyranids and necrons ; )

SLancaster
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Wishlist for Sanctus Reach 2

Post by SLancaster » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:23 am

Are there firm plans to make Sanctus Reach 2?

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”