There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
- Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
- Posts: 497
- Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:43 am
As the last of the DLC has sailed (or not?), I was thinking about what I would really love to see in SR2:
- No more settings limitation, so that we can have factions that are more relevant/varied.
- A clear campaign army roster. The random list really detracts from the attachment to your company, and they made some of the MP matches I played very one sided, but it was early in beta.
- A thin strategic layer, as in Final Liberation: This is not to have a strategic mini game on top of the tactical game, but to make the tactical part more meaningful.
- More infantry friendly terrain: buildings that can be garrisoned, and a higher density of terrain that is only passable to infantry and grants cover bonus.
- Deep striking options. I toyed a bit with drop pods in the scenario builder, and it is a shame they were not better integrated in the game (by having a drop pod deployment option).
- A more intuitive penetration system (ie with a penetration roll that depends on the armor/penetration ratio, instead of one penetration, and a separate armor roll). The current system does its job, but it required quite a bit of reverse engineering to piece things together.
- Longer beta! Or maybe I entered too late, but I had the impression that the few iterations we had really made things better, but I wish there were more.
- Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 am
Ironman mode and grim dark difficulty from the beginning. And blood angels, tyranids and necrons ; )
- Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:42 pm
Are there firm plans to make Sanctus Reach 2?