Afghanistan '11 is released!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Afghanistan '11 is released!

Post by AlbertoC »

Slitherine and Every Single Soldier are once again taking the strategy genre from a totally new angle. After the stunning success of Vietnam ’65, the counter-insurgency gaming system create by Johan Nagel is back in a new setting, with a new look and with a monumental list of new features.

As before, you are faced with the task of destroying an ever elusive enemy while striving to win the Hearts & Minds of the local population. You must juggle spending resources to fight the enemy, while at the same time capitalizing on the opportunity to bring civilians to you cause.

You are facing a barrage of obstacles, from IED's to hidden enemies such as local militia that excel at guerrilla warfare as well as Taliban troops that make their way over the mountains from Pakistan to stifle your efforts. You own casualties can severely damage military progress, while eliminating enemy troops and assisting villages and improving their infrastructure can significantly assist you. You will have many tools to achieve success, from the mighty Apache Helicopter, to Special Forces units which can be used to train Afghan National Army Units, or to hunt down the enemy.

Logistics
are also a key factor: defending supply convoys without which troops will suffer and will be vulnerable to ambushes and loss of combat effectiveness is the key to attain a solid victory.

Furthermore a tense political situation grips the country. Unpredictable Political Events can significantly alter the outcome of the struggle and Elections will play a vital role in the mission to stabilize Afghanistan.

With 18 different campaign scenarios starting from the initial actions in Afghanistan to the culmination of American involvement there are tens of hours of counter-insurgency warfare to be played. The game also has an extremely customizable Skirmish mode which allows to consistently alter any parameter of the operation the your liking.

Afghanistan ’11 is available on the Slitherine site and on Steam. Check out the product page for more details.

bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Afghanistan '11 is released!

Post by bebro »

Woohoo! Thanks :)
SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by SirGarnet »

Does the copy bought through Slitherine/Matrix include a steam code?
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Is it worth buying? I like the World War II games but I have seen trailers and am curious about this game.
SirGarnet

Post by SirGarnet »

Counter-insurgency is a rare topic for games.

I liked their VIetnam 65. This is more expansive all round and much deeper on the building up the country/hearts and minds side. Decided to buy after watching preview copy Let's play videos.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

MikeK wrote:Does the copy bought through Slitherine/Matrix include a steam code?

your key is the steam key as well if you wish to use it

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 42&t=76681
SirGarnet

Post by SirGarnet »

Thanks, zakblood. I prefer to continue support Slitherine with my purchases. Over the years, I've succumbed to Steam pressure for game mgmt since they enabled version rollbacks.
GeneralHawk
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by GeneralHawk »

Congratulations to Johan and Slitherine as well on the release!

Return to “News & Announcements”