Tutorial comments, bugs, issues

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Tutorial comments, bugs, issues

Post by SirGarnet »

Mission 1; the instructions at the end of the first turn are "Now, press the CONTINUE button." There is no CONTINUE button. After analyzing the situation, my guess is that as I moved the unit toward the flare its full move, but did not click on the flare, no Continue button appears. So I assume I just ignore the "Continue" instruction and move them the remainder of the way to the flare. I don't recall if the prior instruction was to click on the flare to move them. The mission simply says "Move US Infantry toward the flare."

Moving along, a few more step-by-step cues would be good for the tutorial up to turn 6.

Would be helpful to have names of units and locations displayed above them on the map, whether in a simple format or a HUD-like display. Easily identifying units and relative positions is important for a quick appreciation of the situation.The vehicles look similar at altitude, and unselecting to reselect should be unnecessary if mouseovers are possible (or labels).Wnere left click selects and also moves, every effort should be made to avoid mistaken orders due to unnecessary selections of units just to get info on them.

Is alpha zone to the north charlie base, and bravo zone bravo base but charlie zone is east ? Confusing.
bsones
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Tutorial comments, bugs, issues

Post by bsones »

The objectives for the fourth tutorial mission seem to be broken. Command tab says "complete all objectives to win the mission," and the only active objective is "Wait for the first election." But the first election came and went many turns ago--I'm currently waiting for the third election. I finished all of the opium field objectives; that stubborn election one is the only one left, but I think it's bugged.
Temple
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Temple »

bsones wrote:The objectives for the fourth tutorial mission seem to be broken. Command tab says "complete all objectives to win the mission," and the only active objective is "Wait for the first election." But the first election came and went many turns ago--I'm currently waiting for the third election. I finished all of the opium field objectives; that stubborn election one is the only one left, but I think it's bugged.
I've had the exact same issue, after playing for 30+ turns I've still got the "Wait for the first election" objective out there, even though there have been two elections. Since I have no other objectives at this point I'm assuming that the learning part of the tutorial has completed.
OldBlighty

Post by OldBlighty »

Temple wrote:
bsones wrote:The objectives for the fourth tutorial mission seem to be broken. Command tab says "complete all objectives to win the mission," and the only active objective is "Wait for the first election." But the first election came and went many turns ago--I'm currently waiting for the third election. I finished all of the opium field objectives; that stubborn election one is the only one left, but I think it's bugged.
I've had the exact same issue, after playing for 30+ turns I've still got the "Wait for the first election" objective out there, even though there have been two elections. Since I have no other objectives at this point I'm assuming that the learning part of the tutorial has completed.
Guys,

I can only say that I got mission complete as soon as I destroyed the last opium field. There were 2 elections, no problems. However, I would not be surprised if there were bugs here and there, because I reckon I have hit one in mission 5** - as soon as I move the second supply truck into the FOB, the game crashes. Have sent report to support.

Annoying really, because I am really enjoying the game.
** edit - Issue in mission 5 resolved with beta v1.03 - great stuff !
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

V1.0.4 is out now, solving these issues ..
Janos900

Post by Janos900 »

Hi Guys!

I have a huge problem on the first non tutorial scenario. The Militia and Taliban units are popping up, than in my turn I hit them, then they run away into the same hexes, where I already have units. When this happening I have a problem error message, but could not save the screen, and can not send email, only quit the game. My units are ANA infantry and in ambush mode. I had this 3 times in a row.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

What version are you on ?

Should be V1.0.4
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

could you send us the savegame ?

%localuser%\AppData\LocalLow\Every Single Soldier\Afghanistan_11\ CAMPAIGN.sav
Janos900

Post by Janos900 »

Hi!

Stream, bought just on Sunday. I tought this is auto update system, I mean buying on steam.

=== Report ===
[ EXCEPTION: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object ]
Unit.ExitStance ()
ExitStanceCommand+<ExecutionRoutine>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<ExecutionRoutine>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
29 Mar 2017 16:56

=== System Info ===
AppName: Afghanistan '11 (com.everysinglesoldier.a11)
AppVersion: 1.0.2
Platform: WindowsPlayer
Running time: 00:08:36.7650000

=== Log Entries ===
[ WARNING: The tree FernTree_aa must use the Nature/Soft Occlusion shader. Otherwise billboarding/lighting will not work correctly. ]
29 Mar 2017 16:48
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

it is , but we have released the patch as beta's to get them out quicker

1. In your Steam Library, right-click "Afghanistan '11" and select “Properties.”
2. Select the “Betas” tab.
3. The Beta tag "Beta - Open Beta" will appear in the Beta dropdown list. Select it and close the Properties window.
4. Steam should now update "Afghanistan '11" to the beta version. If the update does not start automatically, launch the game to force the update process.
Janos900

Post by Janos900 »

Hi!

Well, I have no Betas in the list. My program is not English, but so far I found what you describe, but nothing in the list. :(
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

The latest build on Steam has now been set as the beta branch.

The Public FTP will take time to synchronise with our mirror servers but will eventually be available at:
http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Afghanis ... .5Beta.zip

The Public Members Area now includes the v1.0.5 Beta 'Patch'
http://www.slitherine.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=641
Janos900

Post by Janos900 »

Thanks very much!
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

:D
darrellb9
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by darrellb9 »

Don't think this is fixed yet.
Started a game with 1.05 beta and had the "wait for first election" marked as completed for a couple turns and was starting on opium field objective, I then had to quit game and when I went back into the saved game the "wait for first election" was now not marked as completed and the opium field objective was no longer listed as an objective. The "wait for first election" remained incomplete even after first election results.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Coming in V1.0.6 which will be this week, thanks for your patience :shock:
darrellb9

Post by darrellb9 »

Cool, thanks.
Enjoying game btw. No objective issues if I have time to play all the way through a mission.

Return to “Afghanistan '11”