Left Click Select/Right Click Issue Commands and map speed?

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
Axyl
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Left Click Select/Right Click Issue Commands and map speed?

Post by Axyl »

Thanks for the updates from Vietnam! It's great to see this out.

But...I feel like there's a great set of rules and mechanics, hindered by a clunky UI.

Is there a way to turn on left click for selecting only and right click to issue commands? Perhaps a hidden config settings file?

Map scrolling feels really awkward. WASD scrolling is very slow (is there a setting to speed that up?) and the third mouse button for panning feels inverted and often jumps to a different part of the tiles immediately on key press.

Are there actually hot keys? I couldn't see any in the settings screen.

You should put a disclaimer on the store that this is an iPad port, if that's what your target market is, because it kind of feels that way.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Left Click Select/Right Click Issue Commands and map spe

Post by bebro »

There are a number of hotkeys, listed in a table in the manual. For example F-keys let you call the things on top of the screen (intel map etc.).

Agree with the scrolling. I had one odd experience with scrolling tho - when I wanted to build a FOB using a Chinook heli scrolling became suddenly super fast (way too fast). It went back to the rather slowish mode right after the move was made.
Temple
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Temple »

Axyl wrote:Is there a way to turn on left click for selecting only and right click to issue commands? Perhaps a hidden config settings file?
I very much agree, this would be an excellent option. Too often I left click to see something and inadvertently issue a move command.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

Scrolling speed as a user setting in testing as we speak...
Axyl

Post by Axyl »

Thanks. Do you see the issue where the initial point sometimes jumps when you start to scroll? If not, I can try and get more details.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

We see it, the UI is on the list for an overhaul ....
Captain_Orso
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Captain_Orso »

In many games and applications you can scroll the map or a document by <Right-Click>(Hold) and dragging the map or document 1-1, so that where you mouse pointer is on the map when you <Right-Click>(Hold) is where it stays, only the map moves. This is so intuitive for me, that when a game or app doesn't do this, if feels really weird :shock:

Return to “Afghanistan '11”