Questions

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Questions

Post by bebro »

1. What do the difficulty levels mean, what exactly are the differences?

2. Special Forces seem to do weak initially in both direct combat and sniper attacks - it seems you're better off using them for training, scouting, calling A-10 strikes etc. However, that would mean they hardly get experience unless I risk them getting defeated in direct combat? Do they actually get XP for sniper actions too, or *only* for direct combat?
ParadogsGamer
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Questions

Post by ParadogsGamer »

You don't need the SF to gain experience, since they shouldn't participate in direct combat, as you say.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

Sniping does rank up , the SF unit is not designed for direct combat and is alrready all powerful ingame : crossing rivers, moves further, calls in CAS, carries more rations etc , need to keep it in balance
niftyeyes
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by niftyeyes »

I rarely use Spec Ops for direct combat, I tend to use them for OPs and Sniping, and churning out hordes of ANA to lock down areas, I don't think they need to be stronger in direct combat, just possibly better at sniping, not yet seen a long ranged kill lol

In my current game there is a big old mountain next to my HQ, always have an SF team up there spotting targets for the apaches and airforce to take out, especially as the enemy always run into my field of fire to get at an isolated village
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

I see, thanks - good to know they get XP from sniping :)
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

Best keep you SF in covert mode, very powerful units (balance was an issue) :shock:

Return to “Afghanistan '11”