UpdateBeta-v1.0.9Beta error

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
Christolos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

UpdateBeta-v1.0.9Beta error

Post by Christolos »

How does one go about getting UpdateBeta-v1.0.9Beta to run?

I downloaded it and noticed that it had a folder (A11_Data) and an executable (A11.exe) and so I replaced the game folder equivalents with the UpdateBeta-v1.0.9Beta ones and get this error when trying to run the game:
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (19.23 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
Thanks,

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
nolramchesnay
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: UpdateBeta-v1.0.9Beta error

Post by nolramchesnay »

These are the instructions I received for dealing with Betas:

"Tell them that they should download the zip file, unzip in a convenient location (say the desktop) and copy and paste the contents into the folder where Afghanistan '11 is installed (by default this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Afghanistan11)"

Hope this helps. :)
Christolos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Christolos »

Thanks, this is what I thought I did the first time, but I deleted the original folder and file before replacing with the zipped file contents and it didn't work (got the error), so this time I copied over the original folder & file (restored from a backup) which merged the zipped folder contents/copied the .exe file together/over, and it seems to have worked in that the game now starts...but it still shows the version as being 1.0.7 on the start-up screen.

I this the case for beta version patches?

How would I know that I have v1.09Beta running?

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
simovitch
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by simovitch »

It will say 1.09 on the lower left of the main game menu.
Christolos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Christolos »

That's weird then since I still have 1.07 showing on the lower left of the main game menu...so now I am confused. Maybe the zip file I downloaded was corrupt???

I will try again.

C

-Aristotle-
Christolos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Christolos »

Ok, this time it worked!

Thanks,

C

-Aristotle-

Return to “Afghanistan '11”