Afghanistan '11: Royal Marines is out!

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Afghanistan '11: Royal Marines is out!

Post by AlbertoC »

Royal Marines, the first expansion for Afghanistan '11, is now out on PC and iOS!

Afghanistan '11, just like its prequel Vietnam '65, revolutionized the wargame genre by representing counter-insurgency warfare with an original formula. Your goal isn't to destroy enemy units on the battlefield: by organizing logistics, intelligence, controlling territory, building infrastructure and training Afghan national forces you will be able to engage in nation building and stabilize Afghanistan. But you will succeed only if you'll manage to win the Hearts & Minds of the locals.

With Royal Marines the co-in formula is back!

With a new faction (the UK Army), plenty of new units and vehicles, a brand new campaign featuring the lenght of British involvement in Afghanistan, new mechanics such as civilian vehicles, car bombs, roadblocks, Afghan national police, Royal Marines is sure to entertain you and give you dozens of hours of additional fun.

It is a must-have for every Afghanistan '11 players, so get it now! If you are new to Afghanistan '11 this is your chance to get the base game, too, which will be discounted at 40% off for one week. Don't miss this opportunity!

Last but no least: commander Agrippa will lead the British forces for the first time ever on the hills and valleys of Afghanistan. Tune in on our Twitch channel at 7 pm CEST and stay with us for our release live stream!
Tulius Hostilius
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Afghanistan '11: Royal Marines is out!

Post by Tulius Hostilius »

Just bought it. Still didn’t really take a good look. I am still playing Commander the Great War, but I didn’t saw a manual or even a small pdf file explaining the new features, and that could have been done in the whatsnew.pdf fiel.

For now it seems that the British campaign is a parallel game, so the new features aren’t in the USA campaign/skirmishes and that we cannot have British and USA forces at the same time in the map. But again, I can be wrong here, just took a quick peek.
AgrippaHX
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by AgrippaHX »

I have a suspicion that Slitherine isn't precisely sure how the new features work.

In addition to your reply about it, there have been several people asking for more (some, I guess) info about how the new mechanics work.
Tijger
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Tijger »

After being blooded I miss an updated manual.

Not being an expert in world politics I do find it strange that all political cuts and problems come from Washington. Were are London in the big game?? Making the rest it could not be that hard to change to make the news fit.

After buying the DLC why does it not update my old game with the new future like roadblocks and so?

What I would love in the future is a Sovjet campaign and maybe a Danish Leopard 2
richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by richfed »

I just purchased the Royal Marines DLC. When I loaded the game, it says version 2.0.3, but I see nothing about any Royal Marines. The download was only a little over 3MBs. Am I missing something? I have the base game and this installed to the same path. It seems like I got a patch, but no DLC.

Edit: I just looked through the game a bit, and I'm pretty sure all I have is the updated Afghanistan 11 -- no Royal Marines in sight. AWOL!
richfed

Post by richfed »

Never mind, I figured it out. Duh. The British flag was staring me in the face. Clicked on it and I found my Royal Marines. Looks good!
JDLgnd
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by JDLgnd »

Thanks for the DLC. I was hoping more DLCs would have be made.

Return to “Afghanistan '11”