problem with tiles

ur1
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

problem with tiles

Post by ur1 »

I have created some new tiles for imperial fortress and now they appear in substitution of the originals in the game.
I did not overwrite them. So I do not know why they appear...
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: problem with tiles

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You will need to give more information for people to work out what you have done :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ur1

Post by ur1 »

I have opened with photoshop the tiles base7, control7, normal7 and spec7 and edited only Base7(I'm doing a paved road). Then rename all as base8,control8,normal8,spec8 and save.

In the text document "tiles.txt".I have copy the "tile8" text and paste like "tile27" and changed the base to my new tile.
[Tile27]
TERRAIN_0_0 OpenGround
BASE_0_0 8
GROUP DEFAULT

No problem with the map editor. but in game the tiles are changed.
I undo the changes and everything works. But I would like to be able to create new tiles.( Cars burned as objects would be a good idea too)
Sorry with the language. Google translator and my basic english is the reason. thanks!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

You should create a new (and uniquely named) chunk for your new tiles. Also check you did not accidentally save out a changed version.

You shouldn't actually be changing any of the main game install files though. You should create a new campaign with a new tile folder in it for your new tiles.

http://archonwiki.slitherine.com/index.php/Modding

Cheers

Pip
ur1

Post by ur1 »

sorry. Started to change things without having read anything about the campaigns.
Now I've created a new campaign. But I do not succeed in placing the tile folder in place. They do not appear later in the editor.
Reading in the wiki I understand that I should go in the "my campaign" folder. But the tiles do not appear. Also probe in other folders i do not appear. Something i do wrong. Thanks for the help. And congratulations for the game. It's great
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Make sure that you have a TILES.TXT file in your custom folder. Note also that your tiles need to live in their own folder (e.g. ...\TILES\MYTILES not just in ...\TILES).

Cheers

Pip
GordonStraylight
Straylight
Straylight

Post by GordonStraylight »

oh and also the tile index goes from 0-7, no 8 im afraid.

Cheers,

Gordon.
ur1

Post by ur1 »

I have created the necessary folders but I do not know how to create a tile now. I thought I would know how to do it but I'm a bit confused.
I will wait for someone to do some tutorial to not give more work.
thanks again!

Return to “Sanctus Reach Mods and Scenario Design”