No sound effects

Nocturnys
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

No sound effects

Post by Nocturnys »

Hello. I've recently purchased the Royal Marines upgrade and have been trying to play the game, but there doesn't seem to be any sound effects at all. I have playing music, but driving (engine sounds), combat, road building etc doesn't play any sounds. I'm using version 2.0.3 on a windows 10 machine. Sounds worked fine prior to 2.0.3 upgrade and Royal Marines install. Any help is appreciated!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: No sound effects

Post by zakblood »

sorry about your issue, to help us help you more, and also welcome to the forum btw,...

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum
Nocturnys

Post by Nocturnys »

Thanks for the welcome Zak! Long time lurker but yea first time poster. Here is the requested DxDiag.
Attachments
NocturnysDxDiag.zip
(13.75 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

here's the results and my opinion on them,

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
rocessor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) which is the default

Sound Tab 1: The file cm11264.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Display Memory: 16255 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8088 MB
Shared Memory: 8167 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: SyncMaster T260,SyncMaster Magic T260(Digital)
Monitor Model: SyncMaster
Monitor Id: SAM03E7
Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)

Sennheiser 3D G4ME1 Date and Size: 2013-11-01 far too old drivers

Code: Select all

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/gaming-downloads
you need to update the firm ware and make sure your using the latest drivers for the USB kit

Realtek High Definition Audio 2017-11-14 up to date

to me it looks like a upgrade from an older version of windows also, as there's some app hangs in the report and some blue screen events, this is hardware issues

+++ WER1 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen

while windows update will give some drivers a update to the best version, most aren't as good as going to the motherboard makers site and any hardware else you own site and downloading the 64bit drivers of the latest windows 10 version they have, even updating the bios of the motherboard helps, as any update fixes issues with it, and without can cause issues.

if you have any game logs or error logs from the game, the developer can look at them and see what else is the problem and advise more etc

the file in question is called the output_log etc, again just attach any file you have to the reply in a zip file and then they can look at the contents, thanks
Nocturnys

Post by Nocturnys »

Ok thanks for the breakdown... I swore I updated the Sennheiser drivers but I guess not :s... I'll get on updating what I can and see what happens and get back with the results. Thanks again for the help.

Return to “Afghanistan '11: Tech Support”