Mac

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

glemmi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Mac

Post by glemmi »

Will Panzer Corps 2 be ported to Mac?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Mac

Post by Rudankort »

In theory, making Mac version should be straightforward, considering that Mac is a desktop platform similar to PC, and our code is cross-platform. But we cannot promise it before we try it.
verstaubtgesicht
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by verstaubtgesicht »

Rudankort wrote:In theory, making Mac version should be straightforward, considering that Mac is a desktop platform similar to PC, and our code is cross-platform. But we cannot promise it before we try it.
It wold be critical for Mac users like me. For PzC, I had to keep an old PC dedicated pretty much just to the game. However, it might be taxing and would yield an inferior product. I have tried paying OOB on Mac, and it has been a harrowing experience - crashes, frozen screens, screwed up graphics, etc., so I've pretty much abandoned it. At least the trials were free of charge. If you are going to make PzC 2 for Mac, it should be done right.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Have you considered using a Wine wrapper to port PzC 2 to the Mac and Linux.
My wineskin port works better than the Mac Beta does :D .
And it only took a week to get the display options right.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
verstaubtgesicht

Post by verstaubtgesicht »

dalfrede wrote:Have you considered using a Wine wrapper to port PzC 2 to the Mac and Linux.
My wineskin port works better than the Mac Beta does :D .
And it only took a week to get the display options right.
Thanks for the info, never heard of this before. Unfortunately, checked it, and it doesn't work for OS 10.12 Sierra, but hopefully they will release soon.
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

I used:
wineskin 2.6.2
OSx 10.12.4

Created on Mac Pro [late 2013},
Run on Mac Air 13.3"
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Warhangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Warhangel »

verstaubtgesicht wrote:
Rudankort wrote:In theory, making Mac version should be straightforward, considering that Mac is a desktop platform similar to PC, and our code is cross-platform. But we cannot promise it before we try it.
It wold be critical for Mac users like me. For PzC, I had to keep an old PC dedicated pretty much just to the game. However, it might be taxing and would yield an inferior product. I have tried paying OOB on Mac, and it has been a harrowing experience - crashes, frozen screens, screwed up graphics, etc., so I've pretty much abandoned it. At least the trials were free of charge. If you are going to make PzC 2 for Mac, it should be done right.
+1 :)
In dedicato Imperatum ultra articulo mortis...
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

Please add Mac support....
MesaDon
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by MesaDon »

verstaubtgesicht wrote:
It’s now Sept. and I have been running OOB on a Mini-Mac for the past few weeks, daily for at least a few hours per day (nice to be retired) and have not had any problems and not a single crash. Try it again. I am enjoying the game.
Zeotix
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Zeotix »

Does anyone know if the game works on the Mac with VirtualBox?
Zeotix

Post by Zeotix »

Doesn't anyone know if the game is running stable on the Mac in the Virtual Box? The question is still up to date and therefore the push from the thread.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”