SCW - Madrid rocks :)

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Vorskl
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

SCW - Madrid rocks :)

Post by Vorskl » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:57 pm

After the horror at Ebro, Madrid is definitely a fun to play AND by far the most picturesque map, which was a pleasure for an eye! (talking purely about its aesthetics qualities, not to mention it was an interesting map). Thank you PC2 team for such a great scenario!
I especially loved the idea of Repb fighting Commies - at the next pass-though will just stop my forces to observe

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: SCW - Madrid rocks :)

Post by Kerensky » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:42 am

Glad to hear it, I assume direct control of Nationalist Infantry was a nice change of pace over the rest of the campaign too probably. :wink:

The crazy thing is that this Civil War within the Civil War really happened. :shock:

Schneides42
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Schneides42 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:01 am

Kerensky, I am curious did you ever contemplate running this like the other scenarios, that is with only the high level AI orders? While it is great to have control of them, it would be interesting to see just how crazy it could get without such control!

P5138
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by P5138 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:37 am

Kerensky wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:42 am
Glad to hear it, I assume direct control of Nationalist Infantry was a nice change of pace over the rest of the campaign too probably. :wink:
Y'know, the funny thing, when I finally got control of all of the units again in my first try at Madrid, I was a bit overwhelmed. So much new choice added.

Also, by the end of Ebro, I kinda understand how the AI "works". Would I want to relinquish control again? No! God! No, but it's not as bad as it was in the beginning... most of the time. The AI's thirst for enemy artillery/AAA over the "correct" move is a bit much though*. The randomness it adds to some scenarios can get a little tedious, but you get used to it. Anyone playing on Ironman would be really testing their luck, though.

*Edit: If some rework came in so that they at least would prioritize "definite" kills over artillery, that would fix a lot of it, I think.

Rhaeg
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rhaeg » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:32 am

I'm not sure if the AI prefers artillery per se, my idea was that it just prefers easy kills and more often than not that's an artillery piece when it is in range. Totally suppress enemy infantry or a tank and I've seen it pick that over artillery or AA guns. Many people have been complaining over the poor AI of your allied infantry, but after a while they do get pretty predictable and can be steered to some degree. That's why I prefer having lots of artillery and often mop up low strength enemy units myself, otherwise I just know it will waste a turn of that 15 strength colonial infantry unit on it instead of attacking that city hex it needs to take... :roll:

Dmurphy238
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Dmurphy238 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:45 pm

After the tense Ebro battle, Catalonia and Madrid 1939 makes for a great conclusion! Watching the Republicans and Communists making my job easier was a joy. And being able to control the infantry was a nice change. Now on to 1939!

nexusno2000
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by nexusno2000 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:37 pm

Catalonia = aka 6 turns of snowy weather, then the scenario ends bc you've killed 30 convoys :)
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”