New 39 DLC and Patch

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderators: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators, Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

o_t_d_x
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

New 39 DLC and Patch

Post by o_t_d_x » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:26 pm

I didnt finish the spain dlc, not because of the allied ai, which i hate. I didnt continue because its so silly to release a dlc that is about support for spain and what is bugged ? The arty support. Without arty support for the allied ai, this spain dlc is hard to endure. Anybody knows if it works now ?

adiekmann
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: New 39 DLC and Patch

Post by adiekmann » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:41 pm

o_t_d_x wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:26 pm
I didnt finish the spain dlc, not because of the allied ai, which i hate. I didnt continue because its so silly to release a dlc that is about support for spain and what is bugged ? The arty support. Without arty support for the allied ai, this spain dlc is hard to endure. Anybody knows if it works now ?
Artillery support always has worked for your core and auxiliary units. It just did not work for the AI controlled Nationalist units. This is true in SWC as well. It shouldn't be an issue in AO39 because there are no scenarios where the AI controls your infantry like there was in SCW.

o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:06 am

Youre trying to say that it was intended that MY arty doesnt support my allied ai units ??? How stupid is that ? It makes the spain dlc absolutly silly. Support your allies, but not with your artillery :roll: .
I thought thats a bug that will be fixed with new patch. I have enough with this boring allied ai shit - how is the cheat consol activated ? For me, spain isnt worth playing.

adiekmann

Post by adiekmann » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:25 am

o_t_d_x wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:06 am
Youre trying to say that it was intended that MY arty doesnt support my allied ai units ??? How stupid is that ? It makes the spain dlc absolutly silly. Support your allies, but not with your artillery :roll: .
I thought thats a bug that will be fixed with new patch. I have enough with this boring allied ai shit - how is the cheat consol activated ? For me, spain isnt worth playing.
??? No, there IS a bug. Your core artillery IS supposed to provide artillery and anti-tank support fire when backing ALL units on your side. But it doesn't work. I think I may have been one of the first to bring it to the devs attention. It is frustrating. I'm there with you. I'm disappointed too, but in any case I'm not planning on replaying SCW any time soon anyway. I already completed the campaign three times.

However, there are no missions in this new DLC where you do not directly control any infantry on your side, so it will NOT affect your play in any way. In SCW when you buy Italian auxiliary infantry in SCW, your core artillery and AT DOES provide supporting fire for them. It just isn't working when you put it behind a Spanish (AI) Nationalist unit that you did not purchase.

I hope this clarifies the issue and how it affects gameplay and in what ways it does not.

o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:40 am

adiekmann wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:25 am
o_t_d_x wrote:
??? No, there IS a bug. Your core artillery IS supposed to provide artillery and anti-tank support fire when backing ALL units on your side. But it doesn't work. I think I may have been one of the first to bring it to the devs attention. It is frustrating. I'm there with you. I'm disappointed too, but in any case I'm not planning on replaying SCW any time soon anyway. I already completed the campaign three times.

However, there are no missions in this new DLC where you do not directly control any infantry on your side, so it will NOT affect your play in any way. In SCW when you buy Italian auxiliary infantry in SCW, your core artillery and AT DOES provide supporting fire for them. It just isn't working when you put it behind a Spanish (AI) Nationalist unit that you did not purchase.

I hope this clarifies the issue and how it affects gameplay and in what ways it does not.
Wow, i completly misunderstood you, thx for the clarification. But i am happy that its a bug, because it means that one day, we will be able to actually support our allies, with arty and flak, as it should have been from the beginning. Then i will wait for a patch, that fixes this huge issue. Maybe they make better orders for ai allies in the future, so spain might become a great dlc even for me. (not a good sign to customers to release a new dlc before the old one is fixed ... maybe devs should be given more time for testing and fixing) The ebro map is so much harder, without direct arty support. And the number of enemy planes is ridiculous: i made a test, i transformed all my bombers to bf fighers. Even with 7 superior fighters and two anti air batteries its not possible to achieve air dominance. Just my opinion: giving the ai ??seemingly?? neverending prestige and planes and superior equipement is no good game design. I never thought, that i would say that some day because in my mod the maps east of moscow 41and the 3rd stalingrad mission are very, very, very hard. But if you hit the enemy hard enough, you feel that his supply gets weaker slightly. In ebro i never had that feeling, even when i use 7 artys (!!!) on one enemy arty, its not possible to kill it. It heals forever.

By the way: the russian bt tanks have been very weak in reality. They had good armor for the time, but it was fixed with bolts that exploded like shrapnell into the tank when hit. The problem: a machine gun hit was enough. Thats the reason, why the panzer 1 didnt have much problems with that tanks. Dont know if t-26 had the same problems.
It seems, having russians as developers has given us unrealistic strong russian tanks. No offense guys :mrgreen: - german devs would have made tigers even stronger i think.

A question: Why does ONE plane or tank etc. survive so often ??? Do you think its easier for one plane to survive when a whole squadron hunts him ? First it shows 4 kills for BOTH planes, when the first has killed 4 - the second mostly kills only 3. So i need another squadron for one plane. That sucks. Combat results have been better in pc one, partly.

nexusno2000
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by nexusno2000 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:42 am

o_t_d_x wrote:
It's a bug.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

adiekmann

Post by adiekmann » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:39 pm

o_t_d_x wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:40 am

It seems, having russians as developers has given us unrealistic strong russian tanks. No offense guys :mrgreen: - german devs would have made tigers even stronger i think.

Are you saying that you think the developers of this game are Russian in nationality? I do not know that to be true (nor untrue for that matter really). Perhaps you are joking, but even if it is I don't believe for a second that that would cause them to skew the stats for various units.

KesaAnna
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by KesaAnna » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:39 am

Given the prevailing German tank fetish , I was a little surprised that the Pz 1A is not a super weapon.

And likewise a little surprised that the Americans don't have the equivalent of death rays , and infantry that shoots fire balls out of their arses.

I really was surprised to find that at least some Italian equipment can be made to work , and if only those units could acquire some experience , could be down - right decent .

And I really , really was SHOCKED to learn that , off - road and cross - country , horse - drawn mobility is superior to wheeled transport . :shock:

You mean that the internal combustion engine is NOT the last word , and horse - drawn isn't TOTALLY stupid ? :shock:

I'm sorry . I'm not trying to be mean really. But it struck me funny. :)

o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:16 pm

KesaAnna wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:39 am
Given the prevailing German tank fetish , I was a little surprised that the Pz 1A is not a super weapon.

And likewise a little surprised that the Americans don't have the equivalent of death rays , and infantry that shoots fire balls out of their arses.

I really was surprised to find that at least some Italian equipment can be made to work , and if only those units could acquire some experience , could be down - right decent .

And I really , really was SHOCKED to learn that , off - road and cross - country , horse - drawn mobility is superior to wheeled transport . :shock:

You mean that the internal combustion engine is NOT the last word , and horse - drawn isn't TOTALLY stupid ? :shock:

I'm sorry . I'm not trying to be mean really. But it struck me funny. :)
What about the russian tank fetish ? There are so many russians that say that the T-34/85 was highly superior to the tiger one. But its fact, that the tiger was much better armored and his gun was better too. They should compare tiger to IS one.

Or the american sherman fetish ? (wasnt there a stupid hollywood movie bout the sherman recently in cinema?) Met many us guys that are sure, that the sherman was the best tank in ww2 and much better then the tiger. They dont even realize how stupid it is to compare a medium tank with a heavy tank. (they should compare king tiger and pershing maybe...) It would be better to compare the shermans with panthers, but we all know how a one on one between this two ends. :twisted:

Death rays ? Only the antareans have em. Trust me. :mrgreen: :twisted:

o_t_d_x

Post by o_t_d_x » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:21 pm

adiekmann wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:39 pm
o_t_d_x wrote:

Are you saying that you think the developers of this game are Russian in nationality? I do not know that to be true (nor untrue for that matter really). Perhaps you are joking, but even if it is I don't believe for a second that that would cause them to skew the stats for various units.
I am referring to an older thread, where op claimed, that the russian small and medium tanks are better then in pc one.

adiekmann

Post by adiekmann » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:47 pm

o_t_d_x wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:21 pm
adiekmann wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:39 pm
o_t_d_x wrote:

I am referring to an older thread, where op claimed, that the russian small and medium tanks are better then in pc one.
Oh, yes, I think I know of the one you are referring to. I too had some issues with the stats with the some tanks. Infantry too.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”