Opinions, Observations, and Blah Blah Blah

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderators: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators, Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Buffalohump
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Opinions, Observations, and Blah Blah Blah

Post by Buffalohump » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:17 pm

I have been observing the discussion on other threads and thought I would open a new thread with less animus. I played Panzer General and Allied General back in the 90’s and then quit playing as the genre seemed to ossify and I lost interest. Then I purchased Panzer Corps back in 2016. Happy day. I have been playing and replaying the entire series at different levels of difficulty for years now.
What I am hoping for with Panzer Corps 2 is that same level of replay-ability. So far I am at Teruel at General level and I am encouraged. It looks like an almost infinite level of difficulty adjustment for the player. The hero system mostly seems pretty balanced. The whole capture equipment dynamic I really enjoy. I am still trying to work out how to use the split unit function to fit how I play but that will come. I have even enjoyed the AI controlled ally although he frustrates me sometimes. It appears the main argument with my fellow players is the available scenario selection. I personally am in favor of these “sideshows” as long as I still get to play the big battles. PC had 8 Poland scenarios if you count the speculative “Spoils of War” scenario. AO 39 does not seem to be out of bounds with 5 Poland scenarios and letting me explore some other areas of 1939 and moving Norway to its proper place in 1940 campaign.
I have not played AO 39 but I prefer to think my role on the border with France will be that of the most experienced commander, best equipped to hold the allies on the western front until the eastern campaign is completed. When high command realizes the allies are timid and not moving I and my army are rapidly transferred East to participate. I do not want to hurt feelings, but the Polish never represented the danger to Germany that a properly motivated France and Britain did. Anyway those are my thoughts and blah, blah, blah.

Regards,

Buffalohump
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Opinions, Observations, and Blah Blah Blah

Post by Buffalohump » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:06 pm

More Blah, Blah, Blah.
I just got home from work and loaded AO 39 and used cheat to alleqp and saw an E series tank. Does this mean there will be a possible post Sealion 45 or Berlin Redux? Let me start the campaign for speculative post 45 campaigns. Maybe a AO 46 invasion of USA or armistice with western powers and reinvasion of Russia with Western Power Support? Please let it be so. How about a capture-able Black Prince or other late to post war equipment.

Regards,

nexusno2000
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: Opinions, Observations, and Blah Blah Blah

Post by nexusno2000 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:57 am

Buffalohump wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:06 pm
More Blah, Blah, Blah.
I just got home from work and loaded AO 39 and used cheat to alleqp and saw an E series tank. Does this mean there will be a possible post Sealion 45 or Berlin Redux? Let me start the campaign for speculative post 45 campaigns. Maybe a AO 46 invasion of USA or armistice with western powers and reinvasion of Russia with Western Power Support? Please let it be so. How about a capture-able Black Prince or other late to post war equipment.

Regards,
E-75 has been in the game since launch.

It is laughably OP and just plows through late-game allies :D
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”