Panzer Corps 2 - v1.1.9 Update

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2 - v1.1.9 Update

Post by AlbertoC » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:25 pm

We are releasing the new update for Panzer Corps 2 accompanying the release of the Axis Operations - 1939 DLC. The DLC itself will be released in 40 minutes.

Unfortunately we are late with the localizations in three languages: French, Polish and Brazilian Portuguese. Those three languages will have a few incomplete lines. We really apologize for that, and we'll look into patching them in as soon as possible.

Changelog Version 1.1.9:

- Fixed issues with launching the Editor and with launching scenarios from the Editor
- German, Spanish, Russian and Chinese translations are now fully complete

Changes to Spanish Civil War:

Seville:
1. Labeled Kampfgruppe 88 as the primary (not exclusive) battlegroup.
Fixed in both briefing and debriefing
2. Jawohl is now one word
3. Added extra sentence to explain CP usage at very start of campaign

Antequera:
1. Updated briefing to reflect Condor Legion is not just KG88

CorunnaRoad
1. Fixed typo with Villanueva del Pardillo
2. Fixed typo with Guadarrama River
3. Fixed typo with liaison

Zaragoza
1. Corrected Spanish officer name to Vasquez
2. Changed script to remove ' from text string
earned_cp_format = NSLOCTEXT("scenario_Zaragoza", "earned_cp_format", "Bonus Objective for Vasquez surviving completed.\nEarned Commendation Points: %d.\nTotal Commendation Points: %d.")
3. Updated prestige sink division math

Gijon
1. Updated prestige sink division math

Malaga
1. Fixed issues with prestige from capturing hexes

Brunete
1. Disabled ability to ignore turn limit
2. Added some prestige per turn for the player appropriate to a defensive scenario
3. Removed a few attacking units to thin out enemy density very slightly

Teruel
1. Fixed typo with Turia River
2. Disabled ability to ignore turn limit
3. Weakened or removed many early turn Republican attackers on Teruel, to prevent it being overrun so quickly
4. Added Vh marker behind Teruel to encourage Cavalry charge movement

Catalonia
1. Fixed typo with places
2. Removed a comma from debriefing

Ebro
1. Disabled ability to ignore turn limit
2. Removed last two enemy reinforcement waves to trim down on enemy density at the end of the scenario
3. Fixed issue with scenario only tracking 9 of the 10 VHex
4. Made bonus objective trigger at any time instead of only at the very end
5. Removed several Republican starting aircraft and also air defense units to trim enemy unit density at start of scenario

Madrid1939
1. Fixed typos with ludicrous and formally

eddieballgame
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - v1.1.9 Update

Post by eddieballgame » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:25 pm

It is great that this game gets updated, however...what is appalling is having to download a 3+ gb file for 'fixes'.
The Steam version updates quickly but the Slitherine version takes hours to download (with very fast internet) to include the ridiculous slow times of installing it.
What am I missing, & why does one have to continue to download the complete game for a 'fix'?
Utterly ridiculous...imho.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:56 pm

eddieballgame wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:25 pm
It is great that this game gets updated, however...what is appalling is having to download a 3+ gb file for 'fixes'.
The Steam version updates quickly but the Slitherine version takes hours to download (with very fast internet) to include the ridiculous slow times of installing it.
What am I missing, & why does one have to continue to download the complete game for a 'fix'?
The reason why it is big is that it's a cumulative patch. You can install it either on 1.1.8 or 1.0.0 and it should work.

As for installation time, I'm not really sure why it takes so long. I'm told by production guys that it's a direct consequence of patch size. Must be a "feature" of installation engine which Slitherine use. Panzer Corps 2 is a large game, so it highlighted this problem which did not affect people before. It might be a good idea to try and upgrade the installer technology, but I don't think this can happen fast.

eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:18 pm

Rudankort wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:56 pm
eddieballgame wrote:
The reason why it is big is that it's a cumulative patch. You can install it either on 1.1.8 or 1.0.0 and it should work.

As for installation time, I'm not really sure why it takes so long. I'm told by production guys that it's a direct consequence of patch size. Must be a "feature" of installation engine which Slitherine use. Panzer Corps 2 is a large game, so it highlighted this problem which did not affect people before. It might be a good idea to try and upgrade the installer technology, but I don't think this can happen fast.
I am just thankful that most games do not...patch this way.
I have no problem with a cumulative patch for storing purposes, but for some 'fixes' that are probably no larger than a few 'mbs' by themselves; it sure is a pain to download & install...taking literally hours.
btw, thanks for the response to my rant. :)
Last edited by eddieballgame on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:21 pm

eddieballgame wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:18 pm
I am just thankful that most games do not...patch this way.
I have no problem with a cumulative patch for storing purposes, but for some 'fixes' that are probably no larger than a few mbs by themswelves; it sure is a pain to download & install...taking literally hours.
btw, thanks for the response to my rant. :)
My Steam version patched so fast, I didn't even notice there was a patch....

I guess this a situation of just me being blind to non-Steam versions again. I will quietly leave the thread again then. :mrgreen:
eddieballgame wrote:
Yup it is.

Tassadar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Tassadar » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:06 pm

GOG version updates swiftly and without me even noticing. It's apparently 66MB there, but does not show up in the downloads list (at least yet). In any case, no 3GB installer spotted on GOG luckily.

Waffenamt
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Waffenamt » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:02 pm

Thanks for this patch. I was indeed hoping to complete the campaign properly once it got fixed. I had kept a save of the last turn of Corunna Road specifically so I could take the Malaga branch of the campaign, having already completed the campaign via the Bilbao branch (and unashamedly cheating my was past Ebro once I got frustrated with it). I really appreciate that you took the time to work on this while working hammer and tongs to get the 1939 DLC out.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:43 pm

Waffenamt wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:02 pm
Thanks for this patch. I was indeed hoping to complete the campaign properly once it got fixed. I had kept a save of the last turn of Corunna Road specifically so I could take the Malaga branch of the campaign, having already completed the campaign via the Bilbao branch (and unashamedly cheating my was past Ebro once I got frustrated with it). I really appreciate that you took the time to work on this while working hammer and tongs to get the 1939 DLC out.
It's definitely a bit of a juggling act, but yes we did want to make that extra effort to not simply ignore Spanish Civil War after launching it. :mrgreen:
Who knows, maybe someday it will even get a mod for full Nationalist control? :shock:

o_t_d_x
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by o_t_d_x » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:34 am

Thx for patching spain, hope the arty support for ai allies works now. With that and hold order, its at least possible to defend properly.

I didnt like spain, but AO39 is so easy, that i appreciate the higher diff. of spain now. BTW: I dont need direct control of nationalists, i just need them NOT to touch my prestige.

One thing should be changed, the ai doesnt attack cities IF the losses would be too high. Thats of course good, but tanks......allied ai loves to attack T26s with zero damage against it and suffering a lot in the answer. Especially annoying, if the ai doesnt attack a city, thats not so hard to take, but attacks with 3 units a t26. Of course again without damaging it.

nexusno2000
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by nexusno2000 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:46 am

Kerensky wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:43 pm
Waffenamt wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:02 pm
It's definitely a bit of a juggling act, but yes we did want to make that extra effort to not simply ignore Spanish Civil War after launching it. :mrgreen:
Who knows, maybe someday it will even get a mod for full Nationalist control? :shock:
I already made one :shock: But TBH I just play the SCW out of the box, despite its quirks.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

gw15
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by gw15 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:13 pm

I think I'm challenged in how to load this update.
I download the file fine.
I extract the zip to reveal 2 further files:
A .pdf that my pdf program says it is not a pdf file
A multiupdate 01.01.09 that I run.

The problem is that it asks me for what language, choose english.
I agree to the terms then it opens the form serial number with 4 files listed:
Bonus content
PC 2
PC 2 Axis operations
PC 2 AO Spain
No matter which one I choose to load it says installing, checking for conditions but them closes without doing anything.
I did load Spain when it came out a few weeks back with no problems.

What am I doing wrong?

eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:53 pm

gw15 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:13 pm
I think I'm challenged in how to load this update.
I download the file fine.
I extract the zip to reveal 2 further files:
A .pdf that my pdf program says it is not a pdf file
A multiupdate 01.01.09 that I run.

The problem is that it asks me for what language, choose english.
I agree to the terms then it opens the form serial number with 4 files listed:
Bonus content
PC 2
PC 2 Axis operations
PC 2 AO Spain
No matter which one I choose to load it says installing, checking for conditions but them closes without doing anything.
I did load Spain when it came out a few weeks back with no problems.

What am I doing wrong?
You click on the 'dlc' you want to install & then enter the serial# to activate it.
The install takes all of 1 second which is quite impressive for a 1.3gb file.
Load the game to make sure it did install.

Parnosian
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Parnosian » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:00 am

Hello guys. I'm trying to find a solution for the game Crash (Unreal 4 Crash) at the end of the Madrid 1939 scenario. I have the same problem when trying to load the AO1939 campaign...
Can anyone help with a suggestion? I have already reinstalled the game severall times, updated my drivers and installed the latest updates from Slitherine, nothing works :x

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”