Hero abilities tier list

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

scott_mathieson
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Hero abilities tier list

Post by scott_mathieson » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:16 am

Tassadar wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:31 pm
Small changes to the tiers after playing some more:

Fast Rebase - up from D to B.
Envelopment - added a S+ possibility note about combination with Overwhelming Attack, possibly the most insane combination there is.
Field Repairs - down from B to C. The more I calculate and see it in action, the more marginal it proves to be.
First Aid - likewise down from B to C.
in the dlc you will find/buy really strong units early on but with limited amounts to keep them up to strength , field repairs really comes into its own here have it on a strong unit and stop using it for later part of map when things are in your favour letting it get back to full strength for next map.

GRippie
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by GRippie » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:51 pm

Thanks. Just tried this out and really like it. I find it balances some of the exciting, random, and "replay" value benefits of heroes while avoiding the problems of OA/Env etc etc. Don't get me wrong, Env is still a great draw for a hero ( :D ) but it no longer is a game breaker for me. Thanks for listening!
And keep up the great work.

CroCop96
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CroCop96 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 am
Tassadar wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:44 pm
I've tested out this combination once so far and indeed put the unit in reserve duty in that run after some time, as it was making things too easy at times. It's then something I might resort to in particularly difficult encounters, but not forced to do so each mission. In the future when rolling those heroes I will use them on different units, or just retire for prestige (baring maybe the captured equipment run just for more variety in used things).
There is a new game mode that restricts only a single hero per unit (requires starting a new campaign).
Player's General traits got expanded in the latest patch to include several new options. Single hero per unit is a negative trait 'force dispersion'
I like this trait very much!

While normally I would have 1 or 2 ''favorite'' combat units of each main fighting branch (tanks, infantry and artillery) strengthened with 2-3 heroes each and use them as the tip of the spear, elite fighting troops, while the rest would be just (cannon fodder) general purpose doughboys, I now enjoy playing with this trait and having a broader, ''good enough'' selection of decent combat units. For example, in my current Afrika campaign, I'm using a Leadership hero which increases adjacent units' initiative and a enemy units with lower initiative don't shoot back hero in 2 tank regiments of a Panzer Division which I try to always move together.

A total change of force composition paradigm which makes you play more tactically. Definitely a great addition.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”