Commendations, Caches, and Collectables

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Commendations, Caches, and Collectables

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:53 am
BaronVonKrieg wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:35 am
VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:42 am Just to make sure, it seems the 100KV-1/40 event trigger won't fire when you have exactly 100 of them? I captured 81 and paid for the 19, all convoy survived with one damaged, but nothing happened at the start of turn 20.
Did you raid Kremlin in Moscow mission ? i think you also need that too to fire the event.
Yes, I have the SU-100Y.
i dont know then maybe cache ones dont count ?
Blitzcreek
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Blitzcreek »

Dunkirk
Events
We got 7 Commendations at Arras, and now for 7 Commendations we can recruit a new special Hero: Heinrich Bar.
Bar is a Fighter Hero that grants a devastating combo of Double Attack and a +1 Bonus to Air Attack. He is also Famous, so enjoy the extra Prestige.

Is there a trigger for Bar to appear or does he just pop up at the beginning of the mission? I took the 7 Commendations at Arras and took the Dunkirk path, but never got prompted regarding Bar.
Stormchaser
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Stormchaser »

Blitzcreek wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:53 pm Dunkirk
Events
We got 7 Commendations at Arras, and now for 7 Commendations we can recruit a new special Hero: Heinrich Bar.
Bar is a Fighter Hero that grants a devastating combo of Double Attack and a +1 Bonus to Air Attack. He is also Famous, so enjoy the extra Prestige.

Is there a trigger for Bar to appear or does he just pop up at the beginning of the mission? I took the 7 Commendations at Arras and took the Dunkirk path, but never got prompted regarding Bar.
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to fire at the Scenario start. Did you still have at least 7 Commendations by the time you reached Dunkirk?
Blitzcreek

Post by Blitzcreek »

Stormchaser wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:11 pm
Blitzcreek wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:53 pm Dunkirk
Events

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to fire at the Scenario start. Did you still have at least 7 Commendations by the time you reached Dunkirk?
I did, I took the 7 Commendations at Arras and between that and Dunkirk, there's nothing to spend CPs on, If I recall.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:23 pm
BaronVonKrieg wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:35 am

Did you raid Kremlin in Moscow mission ? i think you also need that too to fire the event.
Yes, I have the SU-100Y.
Tried using cheats to get myself more than 100 KV-1/40, but it still doesn't trigger. Now that sees to be the same one like other "events don't trigger" bug.
btw I am playing in English, so that's not related to language, I guess.
Vorskl
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Vorskl »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:39 pm
BaronVonKrieg wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:23 pm

Yes, I have the SU-100Y.
Tried using cheats to get myself more than 100 KV-1/40, but it still doesn't trigger. Now that sees to be the same one like other "events don't trigger" bug.
btw I am playing in English, so that's not related to language, I guess.
I just finished DLC 1941 yesterday. I raided Putin's place and also had more than 100 KV-1 in stock. Hence in Klin I was offered the exchange.
brettz123
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by brettz123 »

This thread needs a bump!
Magni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Magni »

brettz123 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:37 pm This thread needs a bump!
It should really be stickied, together with the campaign trees.
QTMeo
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by QTMeo »

Magni wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:34 pm
brettz123 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:37 pm This thread needs a bump!
It should really be stickied, together with the campaign trees.

+1 :wink:
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Stormchaser wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:28 pm
Finally, on Turn 20 we have a special Event if you manage to fulfil the Challenge Objective. By giving the convoy 100 of your stockpiled Kv-1/40s (NOT KV-1/41s, those don't count!) to take back to Germany you receive a promise of a future reward in later Campaigns in the form of a single Jagdtiger Prototype.

Hm,,, totally strange, on my first playthroughs i got that offer, i dont remember when exactly but i was able to exchange the KV-1/40.

This time i wasnt ??! All convoi-trucks survived, i got enugh kv-1/40. I reloaded autosave on turn 14, i switched languages no chance.

Oh and btw, its a 15 turn mission ;)
monkspider
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by monkspider »

Until reading through this thread, I didn't realize how many unique heroes are available for non-imported cores. I was aware of Siegfried Von Bonde but there are now even more! That is a great idea to give players some incentive to play through starting at different points. SCW is so fun though I don't think I could ever resist starting there. Thanks to Tass/Stormchaser for the outstanding resource.
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

Bee1976 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:52 pm
Hm,,, totally strange, on my first playthroughs i got that offer, i dont remember when exactly but i was able to exchange the KV-1/40.

This time i wasnt ??! All convoi-trucks survived, i got enugh kv-1/40. I reloaded autosave on turn 14, i switched languages no chance.

First question: do you have the difficulty option that reduces turn count on? (I've seen comments like this from people that did so I feel like I need to ask.)
Otherwise I feel like there has been an update or something to it since I wrote this up, cause I would like to believe I at least got something as simple as Scenario Turn count right lol.

Yeah, I've seen a few posts commenting about issues with that event firing. Not sure why.
Heck, in a test run where I was checking something else a while back I had the opposite problem, I had just over 100 KV-1/40s at the start of the Scenario, ended up with less than 100 by the end, and yet the event still fired and let me trade despite the fact that doing so would put me in the negatives of KV-1/40 stock.
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Stormchaser wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:19 pm
Bee1976 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:52 pm

First question: do you have the difficulty option that reduces turn count on? (I've seen comments like this from people that did so I feel like I need to ask.)
Otherwise I feel like there has been an update or something to it since I wrote this up, cause I would like to believe I at least got something as simple as Scenario Turn count right lol.

Yeah, I've seen a few posts commenting about issues with that event firing. Not sure why.
Heck, in a test run where I was checking something else a while back I had the opposite problem, I had just over 100 KV-1/40s at the start of the Scenario, ended up with less than 100 by the end, and yet the event still fired and let me trade despite the fact that doing so would put me in the negatives of KV-1/40 stock.
I think you need to have the 100 KV-1/40s by the end of the previous scenario. So if you were a few short, for example, and captured the difference during Klin, then it still won't trigger. Likewise, it still would if you had at least 100 at the end of the last scenario. Not 100% about this, but I think I noticed that before.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Good question, unless the game kept the challenge enabled from my last playthrough, or i accidently clicked it, i shouldnt have activated it for this finished pt.

@adiekmann
i had enough of them at scenario start, i havent captured in the last misson.
Scrapulous
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Scrapulous »

Stormchaser wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:28 am
Brighton
Events
We finally get the chance to field some Spitfires, as in exchange for 6 Commendations you can buy 31 Spitfire Mk.IIs.

If the Blucher survived Fornebu, it arrives on Turn 1 to assist your naval forces.

Objectives
There are 2 Bonus Objective on this map. Raiding Royal Tunbridge Wells gives 2 Commendation.
Total: 40 Earned/20 Spent.
Stormchaser, I think some of the figures for Brighton might be wrong. I just started the scenario and the CP purchase at the start appears to be 7 CP rather than 6:
Brighton CP purchase.jpg
Brighton CP purchase.jpg (114.63 KiB) Viewed 4741 times
That would change the 20 spent to 21, and would cascade down through the remaining scenarios, as well.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

It was 6 Comm points in the first Beta release, and 7 since the second Beta release.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
SSLConf_pewp3w
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

Do you get anything for destroying the soviet arms convoy in early madrid? I wasn't able to get to it in time.
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

pewp3w wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:34 am Do you get anything for destroying the soviet arms convoy in early madrid? I wasn't able to get to it in time.
i dont think so
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

pewp3w wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:34 am Do you get anything for destroying the soviet arms convoy in early madrid? I wasn't able to get to it in time.
No. There is nothing you can get from that.
Magni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Magni »

Can someone tell me wether AO'42 allows you to get all Commendation awards if you keep fulfilling all objectives? I don't want to potentially screw myself out of nice stuff.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”