SCW question

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

scorehouse
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

SCW question

Post by scorehouse » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:52 pm

do you always surrender commendation points when offered? after you get the 3 heavy bombers do you use them in the next few campaign or send them to reserve for later? thanks

Tassadar
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: SCW question

Post by Tassadar » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:14 pm

scorehouse wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:52 pm
do you always surrender commendation points when offered?
If you plan to exchange prestige for CP and aim to do every bonus objective then you will have enough for each and every instance you get to spend them. In that case that's not an issue. If you prefer not to spend prestige for CP or don't want to do every bonus objective (either because it would be too prestige draining to be worth it or just too difficult on selected level) then it makes sense to take the best rewards and leave out those with less impact in the long run. From most to least important these are:

1. Heroes - these will stick with for the entire AO, including future ones (almost certainly), so they will serve you the longest. Always worth to take those.
2. Unique units - they remain relevant for quite a long time, so it is always worth the consideration. Some are better than others, especially in terms of how much they cost and how much their stats are better compared to other units (and with that - how long will it take until it's worth to upgrade them to something else), but aside from 2 cases (Teruel in SCW and Warsaw in 1939) these felt like worthwhile additions to the army. Don't get me wrong, Teruel and Warsaw awards are nice too, but there is not that much difference without them.
3. Points of captured equipment - unless you are using it actively and need to fill in the gaps caused by combat losses, these are not that critical. They do sometimes offer access to units difficult, not possible to capture or obtainable in limited numbers, but this is all a finite pool of resources that you are likely to run out of at one point, so it's never a long time investment.
scorehouse wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:52 pm
after you get the 3 heavy bombers do you use them in the next few campaign or send them to reserve for later? thanks
They stay with you all the way. But I do not deploy them in each mission, I always have a core army about 25%-30% larger than what I can deploy and adjust what is needed in a specific scenario best.

KesaAnna
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by KesaAnna » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:08 am

I have nothing to add to what Tassadar said , except ;

Ultimately only you would know if what you can spend commendation points on is a worthy purchase. The game doesn't offer you any good clues in this regard , because realistically it can't.

For example , FOR ME , a French Souma tank unit would have been a worthwhile purchase . The Russian Sturmovik tactical bomber was not a worthwhile purchase FOR ME because I already have a stable full of top - of - the - line tactical bombers , and tactical bomber types I prefer to the Sturmovik , anyway .

For another player the situation would be reversed ; Never mind the French tank , gimme that Russian tactical bomber instead !

You can fly by the seat of your pants , as they say ,

or , bookmark , or make a paper copy of , Stormchaser's thread on all of the CP rewards and hidden caches for Spanish Civil War and AO DLC 1939.

Which is now permanently stickied in this thread ;

viewtopic.php?f=464&t=100028

( Scroll to the very bottom of the first post. )

adiekmann
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by adiekmann » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:36 pm

KesaAnna wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:08 am
I have nothing to add to what Tassadar said , except ;

Ultimately only you would know if what you can spend commendation points on is a worthy purchase. The game doesn't offer you any good clues in this regard , because realistically it can't.

For example , FOR ME , a French Souma tank unit would have been a worthwhile purchase . The Russian Sturmovik tactical bomber was not a worthwhile purchase FOR ME because I already have a stable full of top - of - the - line tactical bombers , and tactical bomber types I prefer to the Sturmovik , anyway .

For another player the situation would be reversed ; Never mind the French tank , gimme that Russian tactical bomber instead !

You can fly by the seat of your pants , as they say ,

or , bookmark , or make a paper copy of , Stormchaser's thread on all of the CP rewards and hidden caches for Spanish Civil War and AO DLC 1939.

Which is now permanently stickied in this thread ;

viewtopic.php?f=464&t=100028

( Scroll to the very bottom of the first post. )
I have always played this game and its predecessors with the aim of capturing everything regardless if I need it or not. Before SCW was released, I actually expected that CP would be harder to come by, and/or your budget of CP would be much tighter. As it turns out, you don't need to capture every single bonus hex/objective to have enough CD to get all of the "goodies." Since I haven't had difficulty since my 2nd play through, I never tried to figure out how many points you need vs. how many you can get, or afford not to get. With experience you learn what you're "paying" for beyond the really special stuff. Then it is really your choice. For instance I did not even use an Somua S35 tanks, even though I got them and had enough available. Just didn't need them.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”