What we'd like to see in DLC AO40 and 41...

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

nexusno2000
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: What we'd like to see in DLC AO40 and 41...

Post by nexusno2000 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:32 pm

More combat, fewer puzzles.

The odd ahistroical scenario is fine, but none of this "take this map without killing anything".

And please do make sure we actually cover the main conflicts.

No AI-allies as long as the AI is a fubar as it is.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Post redacted.
Last edited by Kerensky on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Someone should start a pool.

After you guys make all your predictions for DLC 1940, we arrange a betting board.

People can bet on what ideas they want/think will happen.

And the winner will be who picked the most voted for, and also true prediction, will get an award of having an in game hero named in their honor.

Herotrait.CombatLuck, Herotrait.SixthSense

:mrgreen:

If enough people post enough predictions, I will make the board, and we can play the guessing game.

So from now on, when you post your prediction/wishlist if you could mention if you want it to be your official 'prediction' please indicate it as such.

For example: Kondi's square is Battle of Hannut. And since he gave me this idea, he can have a extra square of 'Rommel's Divison'
Nexus's square is: Zero puzzle scenarios. (unless you want to make it something else lemme know)
Kiane square is: "bonus channel islands scenario"

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:06 pm

Official DLC 1940 Prediction Game Rules:

1. Submit a prediction for what you want, or think will be, in DLC 1940.
2. One idea per person. Kondi gets 2 because he inspired the idea. Only the higher voted Kondi square counts, not the sum of both.
3. If there are enough unique people, and unique predictions, I will build a board in a new thread. And there, people can place up to 2 extra bets on up to 2 extra squares.
4. Grand Prize winner is the person who made a prediction that has the most bets on it, AND ALSO turns out to be a true prediction. Grand Prize winner gets a in game pre-set force leader named in their honor.
5. Once the board is full and betting begins, no more new ideas will be allowed on the board. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.

Voting phase rules:

1. Each person who has a square gets 1 automatic vote... for their own square.
2. Each person who has a square gets 2 extra votes, to place anywhere they please. Example, FunPolice's 3 votes might be on 3A, 4A, 3B (self vote automatic, two extra votes his choice)
3. Anyone who want to play but doesn't have a square has 3 votes to scatter as they please. 1 vote on each of 3 square, 3 into one square, whatever.
4. Piling multiple votes into the same square is allowed (except you cant triple vote yourself, sorry).

Contest begins now. As soon as I have enough squares, we'll move on to the second part of the game. And then that will run until some kind of formal announcement reveals... whatever it will reveal.
Last edited by Kerensky on Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 pm

My official board building tracker:

1A Kiane - Channel Islands Scenario
2A Buffalohump - Attacking British Radar stations
3A FunPolice749 - Eben Emael
4A Matyna - More captured planes
5A Kondi754 - Battle of Hannut

1B kondi754 - Rommel's Division
2B nexusno2000 - No puzzle scenarios
3B adiekmann - Mechelen incident
4B Gfot - Siege of Calais
5B Retributarr - Hypothetical early East Front

1C Waffenamt - Battle of Bulson
2C Schneides42 - Italians in 1940
3C sebb81 - Battle of the Grebbeberg
4C Raganr129 - Sedan
5C raider45 -Finnish in 1940

1D Tassadar - Spitfire as a gift unit for CP
2D Scrapulous - Germany in China 1940
3D Problem Solver - Battle of Arras
4D !Alien! - Battle of Narvik
5D w.f.schepel - Aircraft only battle

1E Rhaeg - Battle of Zeeland
2E wecker - Fall Grün
Last edited by Kerensky on Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 13 times in total.

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by kondi754 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:29 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 pm

2A Buffalohump - Bismarck shows up somehow (let me know if you want to change I just picked your first)
3A FunPolice749 - Attacking British Radar stations (Sea Lion is a bit too all encompassing, I think if that square existed it would get tons of votes by default)
4A Matyna - more captured planes.

2B nexusno2000 - No puzzle scenarios (let me know if u want to change)
Have a question. Does each participant of the game have the right to submit only 1 suggestions or maybe more? :)

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:29 pm
Have a question. Does each participant of the game have the right to submit only 1 suggestions or maybe more? :)
2. One idea per person. Kondi gets 2 because he inspired the idea. Only the higher voted Kondi square counts, not the sum of both.

If you post a ton of ideas/predictions/wishlist items (for the sake of discussion)... I will default the first one as your official entry.

adiekmann
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by adiekmann » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:56 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 pm
kondi754 wrote:

If you post a ton of ideas/predictions/wishlist items (for the sake of discussion)... I will default the first one as your official entry.
Why don't I get two? I started the bloody thread! :lol:

adiekmann

Post by adiekmann » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:59 pm

adiekmann wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:56 pm
Kerensky wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 pm
kondi754 wrote:

Why don't I get two? I started the bloody thread! :lol:
Mechelen incident

Retributarr
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Retributarr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:15 pm

"My-Turn!... My Turn!"... A'-historical-hypothetical... delayed or 'Time-Table' accelerated... A'-historical-hypothetical... "Eastern Campaign!":

Even though the 3rd-Reich was desperately short of 'Oil' and 'Industrial-Metals'... by first taking action to ardently make detailed comprehensive preparations with a fail-safe 'Back-Up-Plan'... the effort to take down 'Britain'... must now come first with the utmost urgency!.

If a successful invasion and conquest ot 'Britain' were to occur... then the 'Americans' would then most likely be too late to change the situation... to effectively do anything about it.

Hitler now having successfully completed the conquest of 'Britain'... would now be able to out-source the Oil and Industrial Metals that he was unable to have access to before... since now... the 'Naval-Blockade' of 'Germany' was no-longer in effect.

At this juncture... now stockpiled with very-ample supplies of Oil and Industrial-Metals... the 'Eastern-Campaign' with which all that it entails... could now begin in earnest!.

The 'Russians' of course would still have continued to improve and upgrade their military equipment... but because they were now not under the severe stress of an invasion... would have likely then have done their 'Military-Research and Development' at a somewhat reduced slower pace. The Russian 'Research-Pace' would of course... accelerate once the neighboring 'Eastern-European' countries would be assaulted by the German Military.

The 'Germans' on the other hand... would have by this point in time have realized the deficiencies that their equipment and employment/deployment of forces have had... as well as to where their 'Tactics' needed improvement... they would now be urgently making the improvements needed in all of those required areas... to be able to be much better prepared for the next-phase of their agenda.

If this were a situation i was in... After dealing with the 'Balkans'... and such other such related matters... i would make the 'Caucasus Oil Fields' my 'Top-Priority'. This is not to say that there wouldn't be a screening force to protect German Occupied Western Europe... there would be... hopefully strong enough to withstand the Russian Onslaught so as to give the 'Caucasus Operaton'... the time it needs to complete its task.

Once and if the Caucasus Operation is successful... then the 'Oil-Fields' that now would be under 'German Control'... would result in that... the effectiveness of the Russian Military would very-likely... not any longer be an insurmountable threat!. Neither would the 'Americans' be [Revised] as much of a threat without the 'British-Empire' to help them out!... these Americans... even though under these trying circumstances... would still be a serious force-entity to be considered and dealt with. There would be no-guarantee of success 'with them/against them'. It's called... take your chances!.

-----------------------------Added Comment--------------------------------------------------
This 'Hypothetical'... [A Delayed or 'Time-Table' accelerated... A'-historical-hypothetical... delayed "Eastern Campaign!"] could take place early on in the WWII Conflict or maybe even a year or so later... it depend's on what one would like to explore!.
Last edited by Retributarr on Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kondi754

Post by kondi754 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:22 pm

British second evac from Cherbourg, I mean op. Ariel, so also other Allied forces (French, Poles and other nations) from St.Malo, St. Nazaire, Brest, Nantes and Bordeaux
I understand that if I wrote this, it doesn't count for me, but no one can submit it anymore? :lol:

Buffalohump
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Buffalohump » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:23 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 pm

2A Buffalohump - Bismarck shows up somehow (let me know if you want to change I just picked your first)
3A FunPolice749 - Attacking British Radar stations (Sea Lion is a bit too all encompassing, I think if that square existed it would get tons of votes by default)
4A Matyna - more captured planes.

2B nexusno2000 - No puzzle scenarios (let me know if u want to change)
With all respect, I work in municipal government. Trying to decide things by committee is a hard row to hoe( I am exposing my West Texas country roots), I will honestly be happy with what you produce. I was throwing spit balls, but if I am picking from what I listed I would go with coastal raids on radar stations. I know there is no historical basis. I was a big fan of Bedknobs and Broomsticks when I was kid. It also has a more Panzer Corps relevant track. The Bismarck battle and the blitz don’t really lend themselves to a core style battle. Although I admit to hearing Johnny Horton singing “Sink the Bismarck” in my head as I type.

Regards,

adiekmann

Post by adiekmann » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:30 pm

PanzerCro wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:54 pm
adiekmann wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:12 am
Interesting...

So far a lot of mention of smaller side operations. However, I know there will be lots of complaints if at least some of the big stuff (Dunkirk, Sedan, Narvik, etc.) are not included. But this is the same question (challenge) about designing these that I thought about before even the first DLC was released: How do you keep it fresh but not skip over the major/famous battles/operations?

1941: I think maybe Yugoslavia, Greece, and Crete could/should be combined as their own separate DLC if expanded upon in finer detail. Same with North Africa.

Barbarossa...same questions/challenges as 1940 France.

Kerensky...I do not envy you!
Yugoslavia would make sense, but not in 1941. as Axis basically stormed through it. It would make sense after they capitualted, as there were big war going on, communist partisans, chetniks, ustashe. Plus, some german and italian divisions. A lot of battles. Yugoslavian sector in WW2 is worth of separate DLC.
True. I was thinking of the original Panzer General where they had a pretty large map where you advanced through all of Yugoslavia and into northern Greece, from what I remember. And yes, as far as partisan activity, Yugoslavia was as hot of a warzone as it got! France and Poland may get the movies, but it was particularly fierce there and the aftermath played a role in the civil war during the 1990s. The Germans and Italians committed significant resources to combatting them even before their withdrawal from the Balkans. I notice now that you are in Croatia; it must be of particular interest to you! I don't know a ton about all the various operations/battles during that time, but I can well imagine an entire DLC could be committed to it.

Gfot
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Gfot » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:41 pm

I'd like to see the Siege of Calais in 1940, an urban scenario should be a nice change of pace in that campaign.

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:50 pm

The Battle of Britain 1940: A Duel of Eagles
https://acesflyinghigh.wordpress.com/20 ... of-eagles/

Chain Home Radar

Goering appears to have not fully appreciated the importance of the radar stations in targeting bomber formations and decided they were not necessary to be destroyed to achieve victory! Despite the effectiveness of the radar system and the heroic efforts of British pilots, by August 1940 the continuous bombing of airfields, ports and shipping was starting to take its toll on the Royal Air Force.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:59 pm

Buffalohump wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:23 pm

With all respect, I work in municipal government. Trying to decide things by committee is a hard row to hoe( I am exposing my West Texas country roots), I will honestly be happy with what you produce. I was throwing spit balls, but if I am picking from what I listed I would go with coastal raids on radar stations. I know there is no historical basis. I was a big fan of Bedknobs and Broomsticks when I was kid. It also has a more Panzer Corps relevant track. The Bismarck battle and the blitz don’t really lend themselves to a core style battle. Although I admit to hearing Johnny Horton singing “Sink the Bismarck” in my head as I type.

Regards,
I assure you this is not a 'work by committee' situation. We are not farming for ideas to put into the content, or taking votes on the most popular thing to add to the content. The content is what it's going to be. It will be slightly embarrassing if the most voted on prediction turns out to NOT be part of what is coming... but perhaps that is a lesson in itself that we need to tap into the active playerbase better, or risk falling further out of touch.

The only point of the game is to have fun.... and the winner gets a cosmetic prize of being able to submit a name for consideration to join the ranks of the pre-set CORE force (something many BETA testers have earned, which is why many of the pre-set CORE hero leaders have very interesting names such as good old Von Blonde!)

So don't sweat it. Just have fun. :D

Since you posted before FunPolice, and I will allow you to change your square to 'Attacking British Radar Stations'. And I'll let Funpolice pick a new prediction for his square. No one knew this would turn into a forum game until I just came up with it, so some adjustment and moving around of squares and ideas is expected. :wink:
Last edited by Kerensky on Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:07 pm

We already have 2 columns of 5 predictions!

Newest additions:

3B adiekmann - Mechelen incident
4B Gfot - Siege of Calais
5B Retributarr - Hypothetical early East Front (This would be absolutely fucking wild BTW :lol: Imagine the size of the controversy thread generated from going to the East Front as early as 1940, as opposed to exploring more historical 1940 content)

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:56 pm

When I 'Proof-Read' my posting... I made some minor corrections in the message I was trying to get across.
My 'Posting-Title' should have read and is now corrected to...

A'-historical-hypothetical... delayed or 'Time-Table' accelerated... A'-historical-hypothetical... "Eastern Campaign!":

Waffenamt
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Waffenamt » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:04 am

I know the Battle for the Stonne Heights showed up in the PzC1 DLC and was also a lot of fun, but events following, or possibly including, the battles against the French 3rd Armoured Division near Bulson and Chemery and covering up to the 17 May 1940 would make for an amazing scenario with the new features on PxC2 IMHO. :D

Cheers!

Schneides42
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Schneides42 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:23 am

How about a scenario focusing on the Italian invasion of France (Battle of the Alps). Like Forbach you command the Italians with none of your core troops. It could add a new feature of the risk of death by frostbite!

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”