What we'd like to see in DLC AO40 and 41...

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Tassadar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: What we'd like to see in DLC AO40 and 41...

Post by Tassadar » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:26 pm

1D - my own listing. There was a forum post where Kerensky himself alluded to that vague possibility, so I actually find it quite likely. :)

5D - seem like an interesting option to run a bonus optional scenario.

5A - looks really viable.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:48 pm

Tassadar wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:26 pm
1D - my own listing. There was a forum post where Kerensky himself alluded to that vague possibility, so I actually find it quite likely. :)

terminator wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:33 pm
My vote: 4B, 4C & 2C (Vive la France)
Counted.

Did I say 1D in a forum post? I think it was a formal announcement talking about the reveal of Adolf Galland plus the new bonus/reward/gift systems. :?:
But yea, Galland wanting Spitfires was a WW2 meme before memes were a thing, thanks to that old Battle of Britain film. 8)

Tassadar

Post by Tassadar » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:48 pm
Tassadar wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:26 pm

terminator wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:33 pm
My vote: 4B, 4C & 2C (Vive la France)
Counted.

Did I say 1D in a forum post? I think it was a formal announcement talking about the reveal of Adolf Galland plus the new bonus/reward/gift systems. :?:
But yea, Galland wanting Spitfires was a WW2 meme before memes were a thing, thanks to that old Battle of Britain film. 8)
Yup, that was a movie based meme reference, so a very subtle and vague teaser of something that I still hope for. :D

Scrapulous
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Scrapulous » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:00 am

My first vote is for 1E: Rhaeg's Battle of Zeeland.
My second vote is for 5E: PanzerCro's Italians in the Balkans.

I have to say, Rhaeg, I loved everything about your post, from that gorgeous map to the story itself, and not least the rather beautiful way you wrote it. Easily my favorite part of an already good day.

Raganr129
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Raganr129 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:10 am

3A and 4B, please

monkspider
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by monkspider » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:23 am

I am not sure what we will see in 40 and 41, I just know, based on the previous expansions, they will be AMAZING with interesting, well-crafted scenarios and great writing. I will bet the farm on that!

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:11 am

Scrapulous wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:00 am
My first vote is for 1E: Rhaeg's Battle of Zeeland.
My second vote is for 5E: PanzerCro's Italians in the Balkans.

I have to say, Rhaeg, I loved everything about your post, from that gorgeous map to the story itself, and not least the rather beautiful way you wrote it. Easily my favorite part of an already good day.
Got it.
Raganr129 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:10 am
3A and 4B, please
Counted.

Interesting to see medium scoring listing getting some luv. Leaders remain, but the gap is closing a bit.

Romero
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Romero » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:50 pm

1B, 2E & 3E (my suggestion)

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:37 pm

Romero wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:50 pm
1B, 2E & 3E (my suggestion)
More points for the truly obscure. Counted!

Pretty good showing of votes as forums go, I'm impressed so far. Well feel free to continue bets, there is an unknown amount of time before the announcement hits, so no rush to wrap up.

PanzerCro
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by PanzerCro » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:07 am

My votes

1D, 5C, 5E (my suggestion :) )

monkspider
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by monkspider » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:34 pm

I vote for 2D, I love the idea of a contingent of German volunteers helping out Von Falkenhausen.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:12 pm

monkspider wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:34 pm
I vote for 2D, I love the idea of a contingent of German volunteers helping out Von Falkenhausen.
PanzerCro wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:07 am
My votes

1D, 5C, 5E (my suggestion :) )
Counted and counted.

Wow, Italians in the Balkans has rocketed up to 2nd place. :shock:

PanzerCro

Post by PanzerCro » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 am

Kerensky - in case of tie, what will be tie-breaker ?

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:46 pm

PanzerCro wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 am
It's getting close to a three way tie after tallying up some more bets.

As for tie breaking... well who's to say the most betted on listing won't be disqualified for not being in the content? That's a real possibility (though it would be embarrassing if the content direction isn't at least someone steered towards player expectation).

Dunno, it's entirely possible. Either way, we'll figure out a way to come up with a winner from this great listing of 25. :D

adiekmann
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by adiekmann » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:13 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:46 pm
PanzerCro wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 am
It's getting close to a three way tie after tallying up some more bets.

As for tie breaking... well who's to say the most betted on listing won't be disqualified for not being in the content? That's a real possibility (though it would be embarrassing if the content direction isn't at least someone steered towards player expectation).

Dunno, it's entirely possible. Either way, we'll figure out a way to come up with a winner from this great listing of 25. :D
Kerensky, after AO40 is released, do you think you'll do this again in some way or form for the upcoming AO DLCs?

I started this thread with the intention of allowing players to express what they are interested in seeing BEFORE the DLCs are released. It is easy to complain after the fact, but that helps nobody really. I know you're a contractor, not an official of Slitherine, but I am very interested in learning if any beneficial influence for the future may come out of this entire topic, the betting pool, or opinions voiced by the members of this forum.

If either you, or another official representative of Slitherine, would chime in on my question I am sure others here would be very interested in hearing it.

nono hard et heavy
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by nono hard et heavy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:49 am

Hello everybody.
My vote goes to : 5A 5E 4C :D
Greetings from France.
Bruno

Rhaeg
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rhaeg » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:47 pm

adiekmann wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:13 pm
Kerensky, after AO40 is released, do you think you'll do this again in some way or form for the upcoming AO DLCs?

I started this thread with the intention of allowing players to express what they are interested in seeing BEFORE the DLCs are released. It is easy to complain after the fact, but that helps nobody really. I know you're a contractor, not an official of Slitherine, but I am very interested in learning if any beneficial influence for the future may come out of this entire topic, the betting pool, or opinions voiced by the members of this forum.

If either you, or another official representative of Slitherine, would chime in on my question I am sure others here would be very interested in hearing it.
I'd say it certainly wouldn't hurt. The forum for this game is not overly active, but the response on this has been really good and I think there are some very good suggestions in there, plus the voting might give an idea of what the fans of this game want to see. I can't see any downside to this kind of "contest" (as long as it's more about participating and there are no super prizes to be won). I think it has generated more concrete ideas than what a simple "what do you want so see" thread would have because it forces people to stop being vague and give some solid ideas. Some good stories in there too. Only thing I'd change next time is the way it's presented: the contest is basically spread over 2 threads with a lot of somewhat off-topic discussion going on. If there's going to be a next time it would be better to have one voting thread and have all the voting options with some background info in the first post. But that's just details, no matter how it's done I think it would be cool to have players be able to give some feedback that could influence development.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:22 pm

nono hard et heavy wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:49 am
Hello everybody.
My vote goes to : 5A 5E 4C :D
Greetings from France.
Bruno
With this counted, plus a few other counts, there is a firm leader once again. 2nd place is a mere point behind, so it's far from a done deal!

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:41 pm

adiekmann wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:13 pm

Rhaeg wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:47 pm

I'd say it certainly wouldn't hurt. The forum for this game is not overly active, but the response on this has been really good and I think there are some very good suggestions in there, plus the voting might give an idea of what the fans of this game want to see. I can't see any downside to this kind of "contest" (as long as it's more about participating and there are no super prizes to be won). I think it has generated more concrete ideas than what a simple "what do you want so see" thread would have because it forces people to stop being vague and give some solid ideas. Some good stories in there too. Only thing I'd change next time is the way it's presented: the contest is basically spread over 2 threads with a lot of somewhat off-topic discussion going on. If there's going to be a next time it would be better to have one voting thread and have all the voting options with some background info in the first post. But that's just details, no matter how it's done I think it would be cool to have players be able to give some feedback that could influence development.
This was really just a spur of the moment sort of thing. I saw a lot of player initiative already rolling with predictions and wishes, and just jumped on board and pushed it to something a little more formalized. Not exactly officially Slitherine endorsed or promoted of course, but that was never the point.

So the answer to will this or something like this happen in the future, really depends on the community. There has to be enough active and interested people contributing in a lot of ways. Personally, I'm impressed with how fast we got 25 listing, and very pleased with the nice stream of betting and voting that has been ongoing. But then I like engaging with a smaller community (forum users) as opposed to really broad ones (active players).

As for the influence, well it's too early to say. That's a topic that can only be addressed when the result is revealed. For this first off the cuff thing, there is only very minor impact. Hint, I knew all the answers to all the listings before the I even came up with the idea to make the board. The only reason I made the board was because I was seeing interesting... patterns... between what was going on with content production and user predictions. But might it have more impact in far future that hasn't even entered any kind of production? Again hard to say, but there is a possibility. Ultimately, the point isn't to fish from the community for ideas, or to design by committee though.

As for forum activity, well the game is a good 6 months old, and all of it's existing content has run it's course in that time. As a primarily singleplayer campaign driven game, it doesn't have that crushing need to constantly maintain a gigantic and engaged playerbase that multiplayer only titles will 'die' if they don't have running 24/7. Now is a good time for players to enjoy the game at a very leisurely pace (one scenario a night for example) and to have some fun with other stuff so Panzer Corps 2 doesn't burn them out.

And we also get some time to stand back and look at everything, and pause to think and plan where to go next. As opposed to just grinding away on an established plan that needs to be kicked into production on a firm schedule. So I feel now's a good lull time for players and developers both. The game is running as smooth as it's ever been running after many patches and improvements, nothing really requires ultra urgent attention. When it comes time to spin back up and deliver meaty and interesting updates that will bring back old players for more action they like and also try to scoop up new ones too... only a matter of time I'm sure.

Schneides42
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Schneides42 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:25 pm

I for one would like to see a pole for future directions of the DLCs. Do we want to see an AO41 next, or do we want to see an Afrika Corps, or Allied Operations next. Each could also include poles for what we would like to see in each of these options.

I would like to see an option to play an Africa Campaign but as either the Axis or Allies. That is, the same basic set of scenarios but with some unique scenarios for each to allow for recharge of prestige or special missions. Each scenario could also be slightly different in regards to victory objectives based on whether it is part of the Allied or Axis campaign.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”