AT Support question

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

pboudreau01
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

AT Support question

Post by pboudreau01 »

I have a 15 strength AT parked adjacent to an infantry unit in a city hex. The infantry unit is attacked over and over by a tank and the AT does not support it. Why????? The enemy armor has no hero assigned to it. My AT is not suppressed completely or at all in some cases. I just don't get it.
Vorskl
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: AT Support question

Post by Vorskl »

pboudreau01 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm I have a 15 strength AT parked adjacent to an infantry unit in a city hex. The infantry unit is attacked over and over by a tank and the AT does not support it. Why????? The enemy armor has no hero assigned to it. My AT is not suppressed completely or at all in some cases. I just don't get it.
printscreen pls
Duedman
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Duedman »

I had the AT Hero on my 8.8 Flak and hoped it would support even when in AA mode. Sadly it did not
Giant Europe Mod 2.0 - Sea Lion 44 with no fuel:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=95886

Youtube English & German
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFP6sUZtRykYNbcVTVMxcg/featured
Scrapulous
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Scrapulous »

pboudreau01 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm I have a 15 strength AT parked adjacent to an infantry unit in a city hex. The infantry unit is attacked over and over by a tank and the AT does not support it. Why????? The enemy armor has no hero assigned to it. My AT is not suppressed completely or at all in some cases. I just don't get it.
Was the AT supporting at first, but then it stopped? It may have run out of ammunition. Support fire requires and consumes ammunition.
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Duedman wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:25 pm I had the AT Hero on my 8.8 Flak and hoped it would support even when in AA mode. Sadly it did not
I just tried adding Artillery Support to an 88 and it didn't support adjacent infantry while it was in AA mode :(
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

pboudreau01 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm I have a 15 strength AT parked adjacent to an infantry unit in a city hex. The infantry unit is attacked over and over by a tank and the AT does not support it..

Maybe you needed to switch the 88 from AA mode to AT mode?
And what type of tank was it?
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:16 am
pboudreau01 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm I have a 15 strength AT parked adjacent to an infantry unit in a city hex. The infantry unit is attacked over and over by a tank and the AT does not support it..

Maybe you needed to switch the 88 from AA mode to AT mode?
And what type of tank was it?
yeah it was bonkers that i noticed just recently that other than tanks no other hard type unit gives you progression to anti tank medal how silly is that, i tried cheesing that medals by sending my infantry after armored cars lols
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:40 am
yeah it was bonkers that i noticed just recently that other than tanks no other hard type unit gives you progression to anti tank medal how silly is that, i tried cheesing that medals by sending my infantry after armored cars lols
This is true of the soft attack award, as well. Only infantry kills count for progress toward the awards, no matter how many non-infantry soft targets you kill ;-)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”