Ipad...

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

souldan
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Ipad...

Post by souldan »

Are we going to be lucky enough to see this on ipad?

:D
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ipad...

Post by IainMcNeil »

It's not in the initial plans so not at release but who knows what will happen later.
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

Please please please roll out an iPad version as quickly as possible. I don't know how large of a segment of the market I represent, but I stopped playing (and stopped purchasing expansions of) OOB once it became clear that it would not be ported to iPad, and I no longer purchase any games that cannot be played on iPad.
Ruggs225
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Ruggs225 »

I hope it comes out on ipad as well. I would much rather play these games on an ipad than PC.
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

The tricky part of an iPad port is the mouseover effect. I play Panzer very often on a HP Spectre with my fingers, but I found out I needed the keyboard to be able to see all the stats when moving. There would need to be a more complex UI to make up for the lack of mouse I think. But it could be done.
robman

Post by robman »

StefanDK wrote:The tricky part of an iPad port is the mouseover effect. I play Panzer very often on a HP Spectre with my fingers, but I found out I needed the keyboard to be able to see all the stats when moving. There would need to be a more complex UI to make up for the lack of mouse I think. But it could be done.
Just an aside, on the present game: on my iPad Air, I eventually discovered that to mouseover and see stats, I need to set the tip of my finger down near (but not on) the desired point, and then slide my fingertip to that point, without lifting it. I don't know if this will work on your tablet as well, but it might.
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

robman wrote:
StefanDK wrote:The tricky part of an iPad port is the mouseover effect. I play Panzer very often on a HP Spectre with my fingers, but I found out I needed the keyboard to be able to see all the stats when moving. There would need to be a more complex UI to make up for the lack of mouse I think. But it could be done.
Just an aside, on the present game: on my iPad Air, I eventually discovered that to mouseover and see stats, I need to set the tip of my finger down near (but not on) the desired point, and then slide my fingertip to that point, without lifting it. I don't know if this will work on your tablet as well, but it might.
That sounds a bit hard to do - I'll try it next time, although it's a windows tablet...
souldan

Post by souldan »

That's a shame, and that Slitherine seems to moving away ipad in general.

I've spent many happy hour playing Slitherine games while my gf watches x top model or similar!
jeff00t
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by jeff00t »

this kind of game is made for ipad!

playing on an ipad is so good on a sofa or in bed.

no need mouse. All is palyable with a finger!
my custom single player mini-campaign in order of battle : normandie-niemen: Image
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302
Ruggs225

Post by Ruggs225 »

jeff00t wrote:this kind of game is made for ipad!

playing on an ipad is so good on a sofa or in bed.

no need mouse. All is palyable with a finger!
This! So much this!

Plus i travel for work and i love to play PC on my ipad during flights. 5 hrs of uninterrupted PC time, sign me up. But i would only so this on my ipad. I wouldnt lug around my laptop.

So please, pretty please make this a priority after the game is released. I promise to buy it immediately then.
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn »

This frankly confused me a lot. Why on earth would you move to a cross platform engine like Unity or Unreal and then NOT release it on the tablet platforms but only on desktop systems at first again. That makes zero sense and shows me once more that the development team is simply not big enough to make so many technology changes and still have a game in the end that works properly. I'm very worried.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

KeldorKatarn wrote:This frankly confused me a lot. Why on earth would you move to a cross platform engine like Unity or Unreal and then NOT release it on the tablet platforms but only on desktop systems at first again. That makes zero sense and shows me once more that the development team is simply not big enough to make so many technology changes and still have a game in the end that works properly. I'm very worried.
You sound like all games based on Unreal Engine were released on tablets simultaneously with PC release, and it's only Flashback Games who is doing it different. :) There are many other advantages to using engines like Unreal, besides portability, and there are many other platforms besides tablets as well. PC, Mac, Linux, consoles etc. In my opinion, it only makes sense to release a game simultaneously on all platforms when it is simple enough and looks and works exactly the same on every single device. It's more typical for tablet games released on the PC, than the other way around.

As for Panzer Corps 2, we have decided early on that we wanted to provide best experience possible on the PC and other desktop platforms, without "dumbing down" the game with tablets in mind. This is especially true about the UI. If you look at the best user interfaces in desktop strategies, you will see that most of them cannot be transferred to iPad directly. Usually they include too many information panels for a tablet, and their controls are not well suited for finger.

Once the game releases on desktop, we'll consider how feasible it is to port it to tablets. If we decide to go down this route, the game will be carefully redesigned and optimized for this platform, especially in terms of UI. We are not closing any doors, the engine is cross-platform, and all of our own code is written in cross-platform fashion too. But at this point we cannot make any promises and give any dates.
Ruggs225

Post by Ruggs225 »

I hope your team will be able to do so. Playing on ipad is such a better experience.

Speaking of ipads, will slitherine ever consider developing an ipad only game similar to panzer corps or OOB if you cannot port this?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Ruggs225 wrote:Speaking of ipads, will slitherine ever consider developing an ipad only game similar to panzer corps or OOB if you cannot port this?
Well Panzer Corps is ported to iPad. :)
Ruggs225

Post by Ruggs225 »

Rudankort wrote:
Ruggs225 wrote:Speaking of ipads, will slitherine ever consider developing an ipad only game similar to panzer corps or OOB if you cannot port this?
Well Panzer Corps is ported to iPad. :)
:P thanks.i wasn't aware. Lol. It just seems that all the games are released on PC first and then Ported. Would be nice to have a iPad first game.

Basically I just want the new Panzer corps on iPad. :D :mrgreen:
DeMeza

Post by DeMeza »

I play PzC on iPad, and it's probably the best game I've played on the iPad (and I have played a lot of games on the iPad):

1. Turn-by-turn is really good on a tablet.

2. The UI is well made - and judging by Rudan's reply, the devs are very keen on repeating that experience on PzC II.

3. Contrary to a LOT of other iOS games, PzC is not a freemium game. You pay for the game and you get this really well designed experience with no adds and no nonsense. Just good design and a very direct link between the costumer (me) and the devs, where the devs will go that extra mile to deliver as good a game as possible to me. When you look at game developers in recent years, you have companies like EA who went freemium (I don't play FIFA anymore) and you have Flashback. I prefer to pay my game up front.
Warhangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Warhangel »

robman wrote:Please please please roll out an iPad version as quickly as possible.
+1 :)
In dedicato Imperatum ultra articulo mortis...
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by DonCzirr »

+1 on all Slitherine Products simultaneously being developed on iPAD

But specific +1 for PC 2 in this case ....
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Sorry but -1 from me if it will mean less content for PC version. Better to have a game that is master on its platform than a jack-of-all-trades one cross-platform.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

13obo wrote:Sorry but -1 from me if it will mean less content for PC version. Better to have a game that is master on its platform than a jack-of-all-trades one cross-platform.

Slitherine / Matrix are a "Wargame Publishing giant" - resources to support cross-platform should not be an issue :)
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”