Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gamep

Post by 13obo »

I will repeat - read the topic headline. You will not drag me into this.
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Ok, maybe you're right.
I'm just about pointing out the stereotypical thinking, I do not want to absolve any side.
JimmyC
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by JimmyC »

Maybe not so important apart from larger maps, but how about a unit pathing system that allows a unit to take the shortest destination to a location over several turns (like they have in Civ) so that you can set and forget, rather than having to manually move that unit each turn to the desired location?
claudiu
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by claudiu »

I would like a possibility to make some substitution during a scenario, to reserve a unit and bring another in a game. For example to be able to sideline a fighter once the air superiority is won, and to get a tank or another ground unit from the core army in the field. Of course the number of substitution made should be limited, just like in a soccer game.
Another aspect of the game to take care of should be the possibility to start with the paratroopers deployed on the ground. Also, to disband some equipment, like trucks, in order to upgrade them to halftracks and receiving some prestige for the truck sold.
The weather forecast should also be better, it would be great to forecast three or more days, especially in the winter.
One more thing I would like to see is the possibility to choose or reject/fire a hero received.
Anyway i am looking forward to PC2....
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

___Later on, after PanzerCorps2 has been completed, why-not take a look at doing an entire Italian Campaign!. Starting from before WWII actually begins until Italy is finally overrun by the Allies. Mussolini decided his 'destiny/density' was to rule Italy as a modern Caesar and re-create the Roman Empire...all starting with...Basic-Training at 'Campo Mussolini'.
Image Main entrance of Campo Mussolini in Rome 1934.

I do very much like the actual historical venue', but am also interested in experimenting with alternative hypothetical possibilities. As I previously mentioned in another post, if an "Alternative Pre-WWII Game-Set-Package" was separately available as an add-on to the main game itself, one could try out different approaches to see how and if history could be changed for the Major and Minor players!.

It would be interesting to try out some of these '2nd-ary' players in WWII. Some of the other entities, who didn't endure as long as the Italian's are the French, the Polish and the Finn's. Why-not someday, give them all a go at this PanzerCorps Series.
Last edited by Retributarr on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Retributar wrote:___Later on, after PanzerCorps2 has been completed, why-not take a look at doing an entire Italian Campaign!. Starting from before WWII actually begins until Italy is finally overrun by the Allies. Mussolini decided his 'destiny/density' was to rule Italy as a modern Caesar and re-create the Roman Empire...all starting with...Basic-Training at 'Campo Mussolini'.
I looked ;)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

NODDER IDEA!:

___To 'accentuate amplify' game excitement and interaction, perhaps add some graphic sequences and also sound bites to highlight the occurring event!.

EG: When an aircraft is shot-down, actually 'show/display' a brief crash and burn sequence taking place with the appropriate sound effects to go with it.

EG: When an Infantry Ground-Unit is being destroyed or actually destroyed, perhaps indicate this by briefly showing a 'hasty about face/retreat' illustration (Accompanied with the anguishing death cries from the troop involved ) or in the case of a 'Surrender', briefly show a 'hands-up' shot of the unit involved with an accompanied somber agonized cry of final defeat!.

EG: When an Armoured-Unit is Destroyed, show the Turret flying off into the air along with a black ascending smoke spire rising up skyward, and sound effects to go along with it indicating that the stored ammunition and fuel in the vehicle is cooking off.

EG: When a 'Major Objective' or _ CAPITAL of a Country is captured, show a quick tromping of soldiers with band playing perhaps with the Eiffel Tower in the background to indicate their exultation!. Likewise, otherwise for negative or defeat situations.

If this is too hard to bear, these short, brief visual enhancement installments, then the option to turn them off should be available. Of course no one wants other than for you to feel free to live and wallow 30 years back in the past!.
Last edited by Retributarr on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Yrfin »

Retributar wrote:NODDER IDEA!:

___To 'accentuate amplify' game excitement and interaction, perhaps add some graphic sequences and also sound bites to highlight the occurring event!.

EG: When an aircraft is shot-down, actually 'show/display' a brief crash and burn sequence taking place with the appropriate sound effects to go with it.

EG: When an Infantry Ground-Unit is being destroyed or actually destroyed, perhaps indicate this by briefly showing a 'hasty about face/retreat' illustration (Accompanied with the anguishing death cries from the troop involved ) or in the case of a 'Surrender', briefly show a 'hands-up' shot of the unit involved with an accompanied somber agonized cry of final defeat!.

EG: When an Armoured-Unit is Destroyed, show the Turret flying off into the air along with a black ascending smoke spire rising up skyward, and sound effects to go along with it indicating that the stored ammunition and fuel in the vehicle is cooking off!.
And don't forget give to players a option switch it off: "I dont wan't look at this sh..t second time !".
When im died - I must be a killed.
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

Yrfin wrote:And don't forget give to players a option switch it off: "I dont wan't look at this sh..t second time !".
Reminds me of the Battle Isle series.
hugh2711

Post by hugh2711 »

"Yrfin wrote:
And don't forget give to players a option switch it off: "I dont wan't look at this sh..t second time !"."

DITTO
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Unit Turn Task Completion Status:
___I have played other games in which when a Unit in the game has used up its 'Movement/Operation Points', it then is "Greyed-Out"...automatically 'Indicating/Signalling' to the Player, that this unit has fulfilled all of its actions in this turn. So-Now when the Player looks at the screen, he can instantly see who has and who has not completed their tasks in this game turn. PanzerCorps however does not do this on the 'Main Gaming Screen'?.

This would make the game much more user-friendly and make game-playing much less tedious!.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Retributar wrote:Unit Turn Task Completion Status:
___I have played other games in which when a Unit in the game has used up its 'Movement/Operation Points', it then is "Greyed-Out"...automatically 'Indicating/Signalling' to the Player, that this unit has fulfilled all of its actions in this turn. So-Now when the Player looks at the screen, he can instantly see who has and who has not completed their tasks in this game turn. PanzerCorps however does not do this on the 'Main Gaming Screen'?.

This would make the game much more user-friendly and make game-playing much less tedious!.
I liked the little indicators for movement and attack action, I found them informative and non-instrusive as graying out half of my army.
Retributarr

Information

Post by Retributarr »

Just a Note!:

___I have been aware, right or wrong that 80% of the German infantry was not motorized during WWII, they mostly walked on foot to get from point 'A' to point 'B'. I have no idea what this figure was for all of the other nations involved. The German WAR-Machine was always or almost always short of fuel!. You could do a Search Engine check to see how true this was. If true, this might have some impact on game design?.

At any rate this information may or may not have any impact on the actual game itself. I mentioned it because it just came to mind.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Truth be told, the mechanization of infantry in Panzer Corps has pretty much nothing to do with historical accuracy and everything to do with scenario design and movement rules. The need for speed to fight against the turn timer does not allow for slow infantry on very large maps where time is more of an enemy than the actual enemy. This was somewhat addressed in the Grand Campaign, but not entirely. Multiplayer content is where this was truly fixed. When scenarios were so tightly balanced that every drop of prestige was vital, the enemy was an absolute significant threat, and generally smaller map sizes made infantry pretty damn important. Depriving them of getting transports as movement speed wasn't nearly as important as prestige management came pretty automatically as a result.

What will happen in Panzer Corps 2? Dunno, but I'd certainly like to see foot infantry get some help, especially when navigating through rough terrain. :wink:
Schneides42
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Schneides42 »

What I would like to see is more of the smaller map scenarios (ie more DLC 39-41, Afrika Corps and Sea Lion) than the larger Eastern Front ones in the DLCs 42-45 and also keeping the scale of the units the same throughout the game.

I can't remember who suggested this but the ability to deploy a certain amount of points rather than deployment units so if you want all Tigers you can't have many of them.

Cheers

Schneides
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Retributar wrote:An 'INSANE Thought' just occurred to me!.

Game-Play Operational Possibilities?.
For Example,...what if you are the Germans invading Russia with Army Group's 'A','B' & 'C'. Say that initially you start out this effort as Army-Group-Centre, and you complete your 1st-turn. Now this is when the idea I had in mind will come into implementation.

Instead of just controlling Army-Group-Centre, you now also as well do the 1st turn's for Army-Group-North & South...as well as all other Sequential-Turn's in the remainder of the Game. This means that the outcome of the game does not just rely on only one of the 3-Incursion SpearHeads!. All 3 SpearHeads have a Positive or Negative Effect on each other through-out the course of this invasion.

Maybe this is too-much for something like this in PanzerCorps2, But-Hey!, it's just an idea to possibly kick around?. What-Say-You???.
Not really, I have this in the Danzig Campaign made for the Total Realism Mod.
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

claudiu wrote:I would like a possibility to make some substitution during a scenario, to reserve a unit and bring another in a game. For example to be able to sideline a fighter once the air superiority is won, and to get a tank or another ground unit from the core army in the field. Of course the number of substitution made should be limited, just like in a soccer game.
Another aspect of the game to take care of should be the possibility to start with the paratroopers deployed on the ground. Also, to disband some equipment, like trucks, in order to upgrade them to halftracks and receiving some prestige for the truck sold.
The weather forecast should also be better, it would be great to forecast three or more days, especially in the winter.
One more thing I would like to see is the possibility to choose or reject/fire a hero received.
Anyway i am looking forward to PC2....
This can be done through scenario design.

I have a few more maps that employ the exit/entrance strategy. Same with a couple of other Mods by other players.

you can really make a scenario tuff using this strategy.

for example; During the Danzig campaign, I have a couple of maps where you play as Romania attacking Russia. you only get three or four of your core units.

When the get damaged too much you can withdraw and re-deploy another unit.

Or if you deploy 4 ground units and find out you made a mistake you can go back and exit then re-deploy an air unit.

These maps are challenging because you use auxiliary Romanian units to win with little help from the core units.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Regarding the motorization... yes it's true that most of the German army wasn't motorized (neither were the other nation's armies btw). But that's not really that relevant to the game, at least not in the lower scale campaigns like the Grand campaign. In Vanilla you probably could argue the point yes but even there...

We're basically playing Panzer Divisions on the low end, up to Panzer Corps and maybe Panzer Groups/Panzer Armies in the higher end. Those mainly included Panzer Divisions, Heavy Panzer Batailons, motorized and mechanized Infantry divisions. THe regular infantry divisions are hardly ever in the scenarios we play and if they are, they are auxiliary forces. The units under the player's command are the most mobile units of the army. So it makes perfect sense that they overrepresent the motorization. keep in mind that while you push into Stalingrad and the Caucasus the regular infantry units are holding a HUGE front from Moscow to Leningrad. We're not playing the entire Wehrmacht, we're playing the armored and mechanized spear heads. In that regard I think the amount of motorization and mechanization is perfectly fine. For example in Low Countries/Fall Gelb the entire southern group are nearly all of the mobile units that Germany has, with 1 or 2 panzer divisions in the other Army group in the north. All stuff in the south is mechanized or armored. That was the entire point.
Same about the armored spearhead into poland or the initial push of army groups center and south into russia. The regular infantry units follow behind, the spearheads are massively motorized and armored, that's the point, and it's kind of the point of the game that we control only those forces. It's called Panzer Corps after all. A Panzer Corps was a combination of Panzerdivisions and motorized/mechanized Infantry divisions. You didn't have regular infantry divisions in a Panzer Corps. Those were in the regular Army Corps.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
David105
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by David105 »

@kondi754
Do not write nonsenses
What exactly is “nonsense”?
rely on books published in the USSR forty years ago
I didn’t!!! Most of soviet literature a very one sided.
SS was not the Wehrmacht
By “Wehrmacht” I meat German army itself!
This is the most historical discussion! I specialize in the history of World War II, I know what I write.
If u r acquainted with following authors u can understand what I am writing about (here is some of them): Kurt von Tippelskirch (GER) John Erickson (GBR) Korshunov Aleksandr (RUS) Zamulin Valeriy (RUS) Sieghard von Pannwitz (GER)
Believe me, I am not an amateur too! Moreover, my information is not a fiction! WWII period is my first!
Retributarr

Controlled Movement For Unit's:

Post by Retributarr »

Controlled Movement For Unit's:

When you suspect that an 'advasarial entity/Opponent' may be lurking in the region you wish to reconnoitre', regular movement usually forces you to brush his location, thus compromising your unit...when it is entirely otherwise possible to make your moves in such a way into an area so as to avoid such possible contact!.

Solution: could we not use the "CONTROL" key & Right-Click the Mouse to allow us to plot each individual movement hex, so as to precisely direct how we want our unit to navigate through uncharted territory or even charted territory?.
Last edited by Retributarr on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”